Reckless

Re: Chesterfield (a) The Wellard Match Thread

Screenshot_20180825-191330_Facebook.jpg
He'll be climbing the walls bless him!
See you again one day Sir Mart.
Golf Delta

From the Chesterfield forum -
Today showed me that we are crying out for creativity in the midfield. Someone to sit there and spread the passes at least.

Hang on a second, isn't their midfield maestro Curtis Weston? Maybe all the criticism he got on here wasn't entirely unjustified.
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
djhdjh

Because our midfield was always so much better with him out of the side...

Still's interview on the club's Facebook is worth a listen. He acknowledges that the effort and running wasn't good enough in the first few games. Worth considering when he next defends the indefensible after a bad performance that he's probably not doing the same behind the scenes, which is good to know after the start we've had.
UnderhillStackSave

djhdjh wrote:Because our midfield was always so much better with him out of the side...

Still's interview on the club's Facebook is worth a listen. He acknowledges that the effort and running wasn't good enough in the first few games. Worth considering when he next defends the indefensible after a bad performance that he's probably not doing the same behind the scenes.
Foxy....... ????? anything to add on Curtis?
jerroll

Excellent team performance today, for me the much criticised (not by me!!!)Eliott Johnson was the stand out player playing in a slightly unfamiliar left sided centre back role.
becbee

Interesting comment from a Chesterfield fan:

"I’d like to say it was at least entertaining but Barnet were that bad it was like watching a corpse being mauled by a three legged sheep".
MCB

jerroll wrote:Excellent team performance today, for me the much criticised (not by me!!!)Eliott Johnson was the stand out player playing in a slightly unfamiliar left sided centre back role.
Really? What formation? 5 at back or did Robson or Sweeney move into midfield? Missed that.

Who was our no. 3? Took some criticism from Chesterfield fans.
jerroll

MCB wrote:
jerroll wrote:Excellent team performance today, for me the much criticised (not by me!!!)Eliott Johnson was the stand out player playing in a slightly unfamiliar left sided centre back role.
Really? What formation? 5 at back or did Robson or Sweeney move into midfield? Missed that.

352 cousins (or Alistair Cook as i now call him based on his lack of catching the ball!)
Sweeney Robson Johnson
alexander Adams Mason-Clark Fonguck Tutonda
Barham Harrison

Johnson has been no3 for 5 years at least!!
MCB

I've only been to 2 games, couldn't remember if conference reverts to 1-11!

So is that Still's first none 4-4-2 of the year / lifetime?
jerroll

MCB wrote:I've only been to 2 games, couldn't remember if conference reverts to 1-11!

So is that Still's first none 4-4-2 of the year / lifetime?
nope , played with only 1 up front last saturday.
To bee or not to bee

lemming3k wrote:
To bee or not to bee wrote:
lemming3k wrote:Harrison ahead of Shaq? :grrr:
Hopefully Barham can feed off Harrison’s knockdowns. Shaq is a good impact player from the bench.
He's an even better starter ;)
He's only being tagged as an impact player due to being an obvious improvement over Harrison. If we could get the best out of Shaq again he'd replace Akinde quite well, and he can definitely do it over 90 minutes.

Great result. More excited for Dover and Bromley now.
Regarding Shaq not from what I’ve seen based on the 3 home games but fair enough we’re all entitled to our opinions.
Bracebridge_Bee

djhdjh wrote:
Still's interview on the club's Facebook is worth a listen. He acknowledges that the effort and running wasn't good enough in the first few games. Worth considering when he next defends the indefensible after a bad performance that he's probably not doing the same behind the scenes, which is good to know after the start we've had.
To be fair, he acknowledged that in the pre-match interview too - a few people commented on how TK did not look happy last week. I suspect JS was summoned for a chat which resulted in him having a chat with the squad #shitrollsdownhill

Clearly an improvement today but with still more work to do as also acknowledged by JS in his post-match.
#Beebot

jerroll wrote:
MCB wrote:

352 cousins (or Alistair Cook as i now call him based on his lack of catching the ball!)
Sweeney Robson Johnson
alexander Adams Mason-Clark Fonguck Tutonda
Barham Harrison

Johnson has been no3 for 5 years at least!!
Fonguck at LWB? EMC at CM? Tutonda as CAM?

Surprisingly radical from Still.
jerroll

no , fonguck lcm, tutonda lwb.Emc more of a no10 but dropped in to help out
EastBarnetBee

Alleluia. We won a game! Sounded like a mixed performance. Still not convinced by our attacking capabilities but the win today was crucial. Hopefully we can push on.