Why release players when we need them now!!!

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Patel89

Why release players when we need them now!!!

This may rattle a few cages but again only my frustrated opinion

why did we release the likes of Ross (No club) Brindley (No Club) and Bover (No Club) when we could really do with them now especially some one with quality like Brindley clearly showed albeit with his injuries

we are going to be midtable at best this year and i do not understand for the life of me why we have given out two year deals to people that clearly have not got the ability of the players we released even Weston we should have fought to keep him rather than let him go to someone in the same league!

I understand letting go of stephens and nicholls to a certain extent but why the above they arent even attached to anyone right now

secondly my question is why havent the above been snapped up surely Stephens is worth a contract in a L2 or National team? they can't all be on the scrapheap of football now!!
LoudmouthBFC

Re: Why release players when we need them now!!!

Patel89 wrote:This may rattle a few cages but again only my frustrated opinion

why did we release the likes of Ross (No club) Brindley (No Club) and Bover (No Club) when we could really do with them now especially some one with quality like Brindley clearly showed albeit with his injuries

we are going to be midtable at best this year and i do not understand for the life of me why we have given out two year deals to people that clearly have not got the ability of the players we released even Weston we should have fought to keep him rather than let him go to someone in the same league!

I understand letting go of stephens and nicholls to a certain extent but why the above they arent even attached to anyone right now

secondly my question is why havent the above been snapped up surely Stephens is worth a contract in a L2 or National team? they can't all be on the scrapheap of football now!!

TK thought MA was staying so he was left to do what he thought was right with the team. Then Chesterfield came in and offered silly money. And off Allen went. Brindley didn't want to be here anymore. No point keeping a player who doesn't want to play for you. Ross, no better than what we got so far from what I've seen. Bover :laugh: :laugh: yes we should of kept Watson, really poor move by Allen there. But Ross has a team now, plays for Leatherhead. Watson is at MK Dons. Stephens is a gamble for any team, as he is too injure prone.
jerroll

Craig Ross is at leatherhead, Jamie Stephens probably isn't fit enough to play for anyone! I don't get the Brindley situation one bit but couldn't care where Bover is!
Patel89

Loudmouth thanks for the response

I see you don't rate bover haha

what's your verdict on how we will do this year from what you've seen so far
jerroll

The simple answer is those players (Bar brindley) were out of contract so easy to get rid of to help reduce the wage bill based on the massive drop in central funding.
NoMagRyan

Brindley didn't want to be here, Ross is at Leatherhead, Bover was terrible.

Don't think this thread will rattle anyone's cages at all tbh
Patel89

Jerroll - I fully understand that but that's my point why clear out to save and bring in to burden more we have dished out 2 year contracts to everyone we have brought in

we still have one of the largest squads in the league again it's like we have robbed peter to pay paul

it's frustrating to understand what we are doing as we have 30 plus first teamers in the club i mean what the hell has happened to SULE we spent two windows trying to get him in

all this nonsense of him not being tall enough etc why try so hard to bring him in the first place

a lot of nonsense and unanswered questions
jerroll

Patel89 wrote:Jerroll - I fully understand that but that's my point why clear out to save and bring in to burden more we have dished out 2 year contracts to everyone we have brought in

we still have one of the largest squads in the league again it's like we have robbed peter to pay paul

it's frustrating to understand what we are doing as we have 30 plus first teamers in the club i mean what the hell has happened to SULE we spent two windows trying to get him in

all this nonsense of him not being tall enough etc why try so hard to bring him in the first place

Hopefully all these '2 year' contracts are actually 1 year plus an option in the clubs favour. I agree there are too many average players on the books but it is also possible that those players who left wouldn't have signed a new contract had they been offered one - its not like the pre Bosman days of the late 80's early 90's.
LoudmouthBFC

jerroll wrote:
Patel89 wrote:Jerroll - I fully understand that but that's my point why clear out to save and bring in to burden more we have dished out 2 year contracts to everyone we have brought in

Hopefully all these '2 year' contracts are actually 1 year plus an option in the clubs favour. I agree there are too many average players on the books but it is also possible that those players who left wouldn't have signed a new contract had they been offered one - its not like the pre Bosman days of the late 80's early 90's.

Keep it under your hat. :whistle:
LoudmouthBFC

Patel89 wrote:Loudmouth thanks for the response

I see you don't rate bover haha

what's your verdict on how we will do this year from what you've seen so far

Honest answer. I won't know till we see some of the other players with injures come back.
Patel89

Yes this is true in particualr, Vilhete and santos for me i've started to give up on tarpey i think's a case of what could have been rather than when or if

thanks Loudmouth and Jerroll I enjoying listening/reading your feedback it's always constructive thanks for your time

fingers crossed for the rest of the season
MCB

Has Stephens & Brindley got teams yet? If injury free both are league quality.

Wonder if Brindley's attitude got the better of him if he doens't have a team at the moment.

I'm the only person here that doesn't think Bover got a fair crack of the whip.

I notice that Watson got subbed at HT the other day, must be like that Ali Dia moment went the manager sticks a player on he's never seen then gets him off as humanely as possible when he's realised it's a big joke and the blokes never played football before

TBF - I did see an MK Dons fan say "
Watson has been very good too, in fact I'd say Watson has been my favourite player so far this season"
LoudmouthBFC

MCB wrote:Has Stephens & Brindley got teams yet? If injury free both are league quality.

Wonder if Brindley's attitude got the better of him if he doens't have a team at the moment.

I'm the only person here that doesn't think Bover got a fair crack of the whip.

I notice that Watson got subbed at HT the other day, must be like that Ali Dia moment went the manager sticks a player on he's never seen then gets him off as humanely as possible when he's realised it's a big joke and the blokes never played football before

TBF - I did see an MK Dons fan say "
Watson has been very good too, in fact I'd say Watson has been my favourite player so far this season"

I SEE EVERYTHING YAY!!!!!!!! :ohlord: :ohlord: :ohlord:
lemming3k

The reason is fairly simple - we keep changing managers. They each have their own tactics and systems and different players will be rated differently by each of them.
MA and Still don't rate small or technical players. So the likes of Sule or Bover won't get a look in, but players like Muggleton and Batt will.
Rossi tried to play football so went for the opposite players.

It's similar with the fans, very few thought Watson or Nicholls deserved a chance and agreed with them being dropped/loaned out with many suggesting they should have been released. Instead both are now playing at a higher level than the remainder of that MA squad. Some rate Weston and some don't. Sweeney didn't get picked under Rossi, which at the time everyone agreed with but now he looks much improved.
I believe we actually had an option on Nicholls and declined it to let him go, and Brindley was under contract but wanted to play in the league.

Perhaps we should see if Brindley will sign a 1 year deal and frankly I'd have Stephens back on an appearance based contract as one of the best keepers we've had just major fitness issues.
becbee

I think we felt that Watson, Nicholls and Sweeney should have gone out on loan because they week upon week they weren't getting into the match squads, even young nobodies were named on the bench ahead of them. We couldn't have much of an opinion on their abilities at the time because they never played and were never going to play under Rossi. Hence we wanted them to go out on loan and somebody else pay their wages.