Fuad Sule!!!

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Norfolkbee

Re: Fuad Sule!!!

mcleod23 wrote:Hopefully frees up wages to bring a loan in now.
I don't expect Larne will be paying all - if any - of his wages. It is probably more a case of getting him out of the way because he doesn't figure anywhere near the current regimes plans. Makes more sense than simply having him hanging about waiting for the Middlesex Senior Cup matches.
#Beebot

Norfolkbee wrote:
mcleod23 wrote:Hopefully frees up wages to bring a loan in now.
I don't expect Larne will be paying all - if any - of his wages. It is probably more a case of getting him out of the way because he doesn't figure anywhere near the current regimes plans. Makes more sense than simply having him hanging about waiting for the Middlesex Senior Cup matches.
I feel we could have at least found him a loan that does something for his development, like the NL South. The NI second tier is Isthmian standard at best and does nothing for him.
becbee

For all we know, the fact that he's had such failure here might well mean that the last thing he wants to do is to hang around the South of England at loan at a NLS club. He could well be homesick and has asked to go back to Ireland. Maybe he has contacts at Larne FC and had input into arranging the loan?
Masuka

I guess the Larne chairman got himself in a pickle and thought, Better Call Sule!
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
#Beebot

becbee wrote:For all we know, the fact that he's had such failure here might well mean that the last thing he wants to do is to hang around the South of England at loan at a NLS club. He could well be homesick and has asked to go back to Ireland. Maybe he has contacts at Larne FC and had input into arranging the loan?
That's possible but Larne isn't exactly close to Dublin and the standard of football is a fair bit lower than in the ROI league. Given that he presumably came here with the intention of making it as a pro it's all a bit odd. He got rave reviews at Bohemians so it makes little sense for him to take further steps down the pyramid.
mcleod23

Hardly any loan comes with no financial incentive for the club that holds his contract.
becbee

#Beebot wrote:
becbee wrote:For all we know, the fact that he's had such failure here might well mean that the last thing he wants to do is to hang around the South of England at loan at a NLS club. He could well be homesick and has asked to go back to Ireland. Maybe he has contacts at Larne FC and had input into arranging the loan?
That's possible but Larne isn't exactly close to Dublin and the standard of football is a fair bit lower than in the ROI league. Given that he presumably came here with the intention of making it as a pro it's all a bit odd. He got rave reviews at Bohemians so it makes little sense for him to take further steps down the pyramid.
Larne's Twitter page makes reference to "significant investment into the club leading to them being touted as massive favourites to win Championship". Whether or not this is significant is anybody's guess.
Ultimately I suspect no mention will ever be made when the loan period expires, he'll either find a new club or just get his contract paid up and we'll never know what happened.
Stuart

As somebody who used to lead largish organisations in the public eye, I'm well aware of how outside perspectives can be profoundly wrong - we don't know what goes on behind closed doors, or the personalities involved; so I'm cautious with this comment.

I've seen him play in Ireland and fail to understand why he's not been, in some way, part of our plans.

I fear we have messed him around and taken a dated view of what we need as a midfielder in the "tough-it-out" National League.

Yes we've won three games, albeit against poor teams and by playing drab boot-the-ball percentage football with next to no sophistication' and yes we do have key injuries, but the regular refrain of "it worked in the past" is probably not good enough. Big physical players have their place at this level but there is no place for blinkered thinking.

I hope he does brilliantly at Larne, the management hear the reports and give him a role from January. I would not like to see a repeat of the Jamal Lowe "misjudgment".
jamiefrbees

John_c wrote:
Patel89 wrote:Anyone explain this one???

Why did we spend two long windows trying to sign this bloke? if we are not going to play him?

I know some of you have said and heard that it's because of his height but surely that shows what a shambles our recruitment team is if we didn't work this out before signing him

is he another that is just going to rot on £600-£800 a week on a 2 year deal

anyone that can shed some light on this other than his height i'd be grateful!!! he looks to be having a lot of fun on his instagram maybe it's his attitude or application i just find this one strange
I'm going to hazard a guess here. I suspect he's not playing because he simply isn't good enough.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
The same way Nicholls, Watson and Sweeney all weren't good enough when frozen out for long spells under Rossi's reign?

(now 3 of the better players to have been on our books in recent years - 2 now playing at a higher level and the other 1 propping up our first team)
rudebwoyben

Watson was never good enough.
LoudmouthBFC

rudebwoyben wrote:Watson was never good enough.

I'm in a good mood, so I will let this slide for now.
rudebwoyben

LoudmouthBFC wrote:
rudebwoyben wrote:Watson was never good enough.

I'm in a good mood, so I will let this slide for now.
Aren’t we all after tonight’s performance?