My chat with TK today

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
aclassman

My chat with TK today

Had a long and frank chat with TK today about the situation of the club today and future plans and maybe some of us including me have got him and what we think he thinks about the club totally wrong.
He is still committed to getting the club up to division one.
Last edited by aclassman on 08 Sep 2018, 12:41, edited 1 time in total.
Norfolk & Chance

Re: Chat with TK today

Lol
BEEGONE

Re: My chat with TK today

aclassman wrote:Had a long and frank chat with TK today about the situation of the club today and future plans and maybe some of us including me have got him and what we think he thinks about the club totally wrong.
He is still committed to getting the club up to division one.
Don’t sound a very long chat :unsure:
aclassman

Spent about 15 mins chatting to him but what he said convinced me that he does still have his heart in the football side of the Hive and its not a case of he couldn't care less.
He has not invested in building a nice little stadium (which no one can denie although most of us would have preferred it being built in Barnet) for non league football.
He has built it for division one football and once the ground is completed then the money can go to investment on players.
BEEGONE

A 15 min conversation condensed into 2 sentences...
dawat

BEEGONE wrote:A 15 min conversation condensed into 2 sentences...
In all fairness buddy he did at least have a 15 minute talk face to face with our Chairman, which is more than you have had unless you can correct me. Furthermore the Chairman actually took the time to speak to a fan rather than just rushing off on some pretext. So perhaps be a little bit less critical about someone who at least has tried to convey a first hand impression he got from this conversation to the rest of us fans.
BEEGONE

Never spoken to TK in 25 years of been a fan. Weird really.
aclassman

Beegone, of course more was spoken about than just two sentences but the gist of the conversation is he cares more about the club than we think at times.
Like Dawat put in his comment, that at least TK does talk to fans and don't hide away,
He was showing Tom Watts aka Lofty from eastenders around at the time as his guest when he came over to myself and Janice to speak to us, which shows he isn't that arrogant a man after all.
pgbee

aclassman wrote:Spent about 15 mins chatting to him but what he said convinced me that he does still have his heart in the football side of the Hive and its not a case of he couldn't care less.
He has not invested in building a nice little stadium (which no one can denie although most of us would have preferred it being built in Barnet) for non league football.
He has built it for division one football and once the ground is completed then the money can go to investment on players.
So we had to go down before we could go up. He has learnt from Trump in saying what his audience wants to hear.
aclassman

Who said TK said that we have to go down before we come up??

TK didn't want us relegated last season and admits he made mistakes when he published his letter on the Barnet website last season
pgbee

I guess he has seen 'Field of Dreams', build it and they will come. Let's hope we don't have to wait to rely on the ghosts of the 1990 squad .....
net_nhoj

Last time I checked actions speak louder than words. And sh*t decisions and recruitment/management of the club are far more important than TK saying "the stadium is built for division 1" whilst being in the Conference.

All the gear and no idea. We are in a league with Barrow, Bromley and Ebbsfleet but TK's is talking about League 1 and higher. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edit: Oh, and he's still expanding a stadium we can't fill. :y: :y: :y:
foxy

*wedding venue
Tynant14

Sadly there are some who will knock TK regardless of what says or does.
Let's be honest without TK there would be no BFC.
I have always found TK quite easy to talk to, maybe not on a match day when he is very busy. I visit The Hive quite often on non-match days and Tony is always ready to have a chat.
Back off TK and get behind the team. We all want success and this includes TK.
NorthFinchleyBee

Tynant14 wrote:Sadly there are some who will knock TK regardless of what says or does.
Let's be honest without TK there would be no BFC.
I have always found TK quite easy to talk to, maybe not on a match day when he is very busy. I visit The Hive quite often on non-match days and Tony is always ready to have a chat.
Back off TK and get behind the team. We all want success and this includes TK.
Agree with this. I think he's more Delia than Sullivan and Gold. Although I'm still waiting for him to run onto the pitch at half time after a couple of retsina's and shout 'let's be having you'!!