Orient (a) The We Three Points Off Orient Are Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
CrawleyBee

Re: Orient (a) The We Three Points Off Orient Are Thread

Guess Tramnere might have offered more money? Also playing in front of 5000 rather than 1500 could also be a factor. We do have top notch facilities though that is for sure.
Formerly Watfordbee
ninestein

Top notch facilities are great, but it's important you get the people in who can make best use of them otherwise we may as well train down the local playing fields. I'm sure Luigi and co are doing their best, but it does leave a nagging doubt in the mind when we have the same issues year after year, with more than one manager in charge.

If we can get a few of these guys back fit and keep them fit, we stand a good chance of success this season. If they manage to get someone like Tarpey back to full fitness, that will restore a lot of confidence in the medical team. It's a big ask, but hopefully his recent op will give him that chance.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Tuesds

This article says that Chester turned down a £100k bid from us in January 2017. It also states that Alabi himself turned down a move to a Football League club in the summer of 2017 because 'it just didn't feel right'.

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/sport/f ... s-13278495

As I said at the time, with his single-syllable, very common English first name beginning with J and three syllable-West African surname beginning with A, it was as if we were trying to replace John Akinde with the unlicensed Pro-Evolution Soccer version of John Akinde. Apologies to those who don't get the reference, and indeed to those who do.
Tuesds

MCB wrote:
#Beebot wrote:I heard the player pulled out after not liking some of what he saw/heard when he came to THL on deadline day.
Wonder what it was? Our substandard training facilities? Lack of gym? Having to train to school pitches? Being force fed chicken?

I have no comprehension how someone can come to L2 Barnet, and think 'don't like the look of the facilities' and join Conference Tranmere instead?
Suspect location had a fair bit to do with it - he was at Chester when he reportedly turned us down, and moved to Tranmere from there.
jerroll

Tuesds wrote:
MCB wrote:
#Beebot wrote:I heard the player pulled out after not liking some of what he saw/heard when he came to THL on deadline day.
Wonder what it was? Our substandard training facilities? Lack of gym? Having to train to school pitches? Being force fed chicken?

I have no comprehension how someone can come to L2 Barnet, and think 'don't like the look of the facilities' and join Conference Tranmere instead?
Suspect location had a fair bit to do with it - he was at Chester when he reportedly turned us down, and moved to Tranmere from there.
He's a Londoner though, perhaps he didn't like the fact the club didn't have a full time manager at the time!!
rudebwoyben

And his season at Tranmere was a bit of a personal disaster for him.
BarmyBee210

rudebwoyben wrote:And his season at Tranmere was a bit of a personal disaster for him.
Completely agree young fellow! Great minds think alike. Peas in a pod we are. Keys in the fruit-bowl. Fancy a pie and a pint down local?

Twoten
MCB

Well, 'We six points off Orient are' definitely doesn't have the same ring to it.

But i'm taking top half from now on in, top 10 by Xmas, and top 7 by end of season.

I mean - our injury crisis can't get worse can it?
hoofer2

MCB wrote:Well, 'We six points off Orient are' definitely doesn't have the same ring to it.

But i'm taking top half from now on in, top 10 by Xmas, and top 7 by end of season.

I mean - our injury crisis can't get worse can it?
I would like a trip to Wembley to watch my team. Watching England is a sterile affair
John_c

Does anyone know when the play off final is this season?

(asking for a friend who's on a stag do in the middle of May...)

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
jerroll

John_c wrote:Does anyone know when the play off final is this season?

(asking for a friend who's on a stag do in the middle of May...)

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
final sat 11th may.
letchbee94

Wow that is rather rushed then the play offs? Only 2 weeks between final game of season and the final, I thought there used to be another week between them.
ninestein

Playoffs are only over one leg though
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
letchbee94

ninestein wrote:Playoffs are only over one leg though
True.
jerroll

letchbee94 wrote:Wow that is rather rushed then the play offs? Only 2 weeks between final game of season and the final, I thought there used to be another week between them.
depends on the availabilty of Wembley - its fa cup final and trophy /vase finals the following weekend then the fl playoff weekend.