England C

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
John Hunt

Re: England C

Hopefully they will pick Keagan Cole from Potters Bar.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
BEEGONE

barnetpete wrote:
MCB wrote:
hendon4bee wrote:Surely we'd get an invite on the team plane.
I'm just wondering who the hell pays for it. The RAF probably won't and the flights normally full. Assuming we take 18 players & 6 staff that's over £55k in flight costs alone. Then hotel, food etc, it turns into a £100k jolly.
The FA.

The FA do a number of these exhibition games (As i assume other FA's do) to promote football, world cohesion, help win world cup votes, spread football etc. There was a game of ex pro's v Afghanistan on a war ship on the Thames the other year, I have the Afgan shirt in a presentation box (my o/h got an invite to attend). The players who get selected are usually honored to play for England so I am sure there wont be a problem putting together a squad, lots of employers will also think it an honour to let their staff (who they will already have to be very flexible with due to their non league semi pro requirements)
Im sure any votes the Falklands FA have are nailed on for the English FA.

Its a total waste of money when we are living in a time of youth pitches been sold off, unable to find refs and falling number of players.
rudebwoyben

BEEGONE wrote:
barnetpete wrote:
MCB wrote:
hendon4bee wrote:Surely we'd get an invite on the team plane.
I'm just wondering who the hell pays for it. The RAF probably won't and the flights normally full. Assuming we take 18 players & 6 staff that's over £55k in flight costs alone. Then hotel, food etc, it turns into a £100k jolly.
The FA.

The FA do a number of these exhibition games (As i assume other FA's do) to promote football, world cohesion, help win world cup votes, spread football etc. There was a game of ex pro's v Afghanistan on a war ship on the Thames the other year, I have the Afgan shirt in a presentation box (my o/h got an invite to attend). The players who get selected are usually honored to play for England so I am sure there wont be a problem putting together a squad, lots of employers will also think it an honour to let their staff (who they will already have to be very flexible with due to their non league semi pro requirements)
Im sure any votes the Falklands FA have are nailed on for the English FA.

Its a total waste of money when we are living in a time of youth pitches been sold off, unable to find refs and falling number of players.
I'm pretty sure the Falkland Islands aren't a member of FIFA!
alexbach

that is correct due to other countries support of Argentina in the sovereignty conflict. Taught Hettie,who emigrated there,but she lives in Lancashire now. If Het attended any games she could have seen the Shetlands or Aland Islands. Theyve improved since 2001, when they conceeded twelve goals in total to the isle of man and Guernsey

I
I'm pretty sure the Falkland Islands aren't a member of FIFA![/quote]

Sent from my 5046Y using Tapatalk
Last edited by alexbach on 21 Sep 2018, 10:57, edited 2 times in total.
Reckless

Falkland Islands Football Association
barnetpete

[quote="BEEGONE]

Its a total waste of money when we are living in a time of youth pitches been sold off, unable to find refs and falling number of players.[/quote]

We are living in a time when an agent reportedly makes £48,000,000 off one transfer and there are kids in London going hungry whilst supermarkets throw away perfectly edible food just because the packaging is damaged. The system is fcuked (and that’s just football), but people with money will still by Ferrari’s and organisations will still do things to further their aims whilst other issues miss out. £25/30,000 maybe even £50k on an exhibition game is no doubt from a completely different budget to referee training and small fry in comparison to the complete FA budget.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
Norfolkbee

Anthony wrote:Can we send our injured players so they can get a few days with a physio who isn’t a butcher?
The Falkland Islands team physio probably is the local butcher!
becbee

barnetpete wrote:[quote="BEEGONE]

We are living in a time when an agent reportedly makes £48,000,000 off one transfer and there are kids in London going hungry whilst supermarkets throw away perfectly edible food just because the packaging is damaged. The system is fcuked (and that’s just football), but people with money will still by Ferrari’s and organisations will still do things to further their aims whilst other issues miss out. £25/30,000 maybe even £50k on an exhibition game is no doubt from a completely different budget to referee training and small fry in comparison to the complete FA budget.[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

Just because there are plenty of examples doesn't make it right.
Berween us I'm sure we could come up with endless similar examples in NHS, Education Civil Service, local council etc.
As for this one being "small fry", what about the expression " look after the pennies and the pounds look after themselves"
barnetpete

Then again there is the expression you have to speculate to accumulate.

Now I don’t know this, but what’s not to say this is some thank you in kind for some support the armed forces have helped the FA? The FA has had strong ties with the military over the years, supporting Armed Forces Day, poppy Appeal, fa cup ball being delivered by parachute etc. This could be a gift in kind or paid for by the Forces, or a military contractor, or arms supplier as part of their CSR, we don’t know.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,