Shomotun and Syla

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
#Beebot

Re: Shomotun and Syla

#Beebot

Also Aghadiuno has scored 3 goals in 3 games this week for Aylesbury.
Afrobee

#Beebot wrote:Also Aghadiuno has scored 3 goals in 3 games this week for Aylesbury.
Could actually be 4 goals in 4 games according to his twitter! Just checked the website for Aylesbury United, yep, looks like the fans have really taken to him. Been described as a "beast"! He's still only 18!!
hoofer2

Afrobee wrote:
#Beebot wrote:Also Aghadiuno has scored 3 goals in 3 games this week for Aylesbury.
Could actually be 4 goals in 4 games according to his twitter! Just checked the website for Aylesbury United, yep, looks like the fans have really taken to him. Been described as a "beast"! He's still only 18!!

The new Hercules?
Afrobee

hoofer2 wrote:
Afrobee wrote:

The new Hercules?
Who knows? He could be absolutely anything. All I do know is that to be scoring at that rate at 18 is certainly out of the ordinary!
jerroll

Certainly showed promise in the games i saw Benjy play last season, hopefully he can progress and feature again in our senior xi.
rudebwoyben

hoofer2 wrote:
Afrobee wrote:

The new Hercules?
I think they’re referencing Cliff Hercules who is Aylesbury’s most venerated player in their history.
jerroll

rudebwoyben wrote:
hoofer2 wrote:
Afrobee wrote:

The new Hercules?
I think they’re referencing Cliff Hercules who is Aylesbury’s most venerated player in their history.
We have Wraynel Hercules in our u18's, we wondered if he is related to Cliff!
TorME

Sam_BFC wrote:Anyone know how Sule is getting on at his loan club?
He has got a couple of MoM's there.
VossaBee

Another MoM for Sule today, apparently his 4th so far, in six starts, and one sub appearance for the club... I know Northern Irish championship is nowhere near the standard of League 2, or even National League, but oh how I wish Eames had got his hands on him in August 2017...

We played beautiful football under him the first months, but our defence was always vulnerable relying either of Campbell-Ryce or Vilhete as the holding/ball winning midfielder. JCR never had the pace/acceleration to close down players fast enough, and could never cover enough of the area infront of our back 3. And Vilhete lacked the positional sense required of a proper DM, and often seemed hesitant going for the ball when trying to tackle. Both of them often led to our defence being put under unnecessary pressure.

Imagine at the time having a proper DM, allowing us to swap Vilhete for Harry Taylor (who often was way to slow, and out of his depth) as right wingback, and enabling JCR to push further forward, where he often excelled linking up with our strikers...

I suspect Sule's only crime in the eye of the "tactical dinosaurs" who succeeded Eames was being to short... At 1,64 he's almost 20 cm to short to even be considered a central midfielder by McGhee, Westley, Allen or Still.

Ok, to be fair, McGhee gave sule 35 minutes in his final game as manager, and we conceded 2 goals in that time, but Sule was't really to blame for either of those.

I've watched the 35 mins he was on the pitch on iFollow*, keeping an eye on him only and tbh, he did rather well. Closing down players, forcing them to make lousy passes, getting up close disturbing them, tackling on the floor, always made himself available for a pass, and giving the ball on to a team-mate.

He was poorly positioned on a defensive throw once (but who hasn't been these last 2 seasons?), and gave the ball away twice* (winning it back immediately once). Other than that he didn't do much wrong, and I was pretty impressed with him, especially considering he hadn't played a minute of competitive football for three months at that time.

*It's 1am here now,, so I did quite a bit of fast forwarding, but mostly when the ball was out of play (and what kind of nutcase spends 35 minutes watching a player whom might never play for us again, and whom we could never know how good would be, or could be, for us, way past midnight on a Saturday? Why the f*ck weren't we playing today?), but I might have missed something. Guess I'll have to watch it again tomorrow :D
hoppy

More drooling from the Wealdstone fans on their forum. Seems Shomotun was the best player on the pitch against Sutton yesterday.
With his loan spell he is getting plenty of game time. I would like to think that he comes back to us and pushes for a first team spot, but it will be hard to break into our first team with all the injured players coming back (eventually).
becbee

hoppy wrote:More drooling from the Wealdstone fans on their forum. Seems Shomotun was the best player on the pitch against Sutton yesterday.
With his loan spell he is getting plenty of game time. I would like to think that he comes back to us and pushes for a first team spot, but it will be hard to break into our first team with all the injured players coming back (eventually).
The NLP says he "was their best asset trying to create opportunities" but gives Star Man award to his teammate Godfrey Poku.
hoppy

Is Shomotun's loan spell with Wealdstone done now?
I'm not sure that we desparately need him back so I wouldn't be surprised if the loan was extended or he goes out elsewhere.
MCB

VossaBee wrote:Another MoM for Sule today, apparently his 4th so far, in six starts, and one sub appearance for the club...
For a (presumed due to religion) non-drinker he's gonna have one hell of a wine cellar.
Norfolk & Chance

I hadn't appreciated just how well Wealdstone are doing.
We could actually be playing them in the league again next season.
Must be decades since that happened.