Wrexham (Away) The Match Thread Savaging Like A Dead Sheep

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
rudebwoyben

Re: Wrexham (Away) The Match Thread Savaging Like A Dead She

talldarkslim wrote:We have to accept that this season is basically over. The best we can hope for is to steer clear of relegation. If a few of the walking wounded return we might get a few places higher. At present there is very little worth watching though it is better than shopping.
You really are very tedious with these posts I have to say. I have hardly seen you post anything with a vaguely positive tinge. The league season is 46 games, not 14.
Tuesds

jerroll wrote:
ninestein wrote:There's still the hope of a run in the cup (runs for cover...)
FA trophy especially as we should hopefully have players fighting for places by then!
I feel like this is especially important this season, as in future if the sale of Wembley goes ahead, surely the FA will not shell out to hire Wembley for the Trophy final. In other words, instead of a big day out at the Home of Football, we'll be playing for the chance to enjoy a big day out on an industrial estate outside Coventry.
jerroll

Tuesds wrote:
jerroll wrote:
FA trophy especially as we should hopefully have players fighting for places by then!
I feel like this is especially important this season, as in future if the sale of Wembley goes ahead, surely the FA will not shell out to hire Wembley for the Trophy final. In other words, instead of a big day out at the Home of Football, we'll be playing for the chance to enjoy a big day out on an industrial estate outside Coventry.
I'd doubt that events at Wembley during the first half of the year will be affected if Khan gets Wembley, they would be decent additional income during the NFL closed season
Tuesds

jerroll wrote:
Tuesds wrote:
jerroll wrote:
I'd doubt that events at Wembley during the first half of the year will be affected if Khan gets Wembley, they would be decent additional income during the NFL closed season
Sure, but football will no longer have first call on the venue. If a concert promoter or boxing promoter is prepared to pay more money and generate more income with 90,000 attendees on a May weekend than the FA and the 10-25,000 that might be at the Trophy/Vase Final, Mr Khan will surely be keener to do business with the promoter.

I doubt that staging the Trophy and Vase finals at Wembley makes commercial sense, but the FA has made Wembley available for them due to their special status in the game (and it's been paying the overheads for the stadium anyway as owner). I don't see Mr Khan affording them a special status, and can't believe he couldn't raise more money by hiring the place out to someone else.

However, it may be that the FA insists on retaining use of the stadium on certain dates as part of the conditions of the sale, or ties the Trophy/Vase to more lucrative events like the FA Cup final via a package hire. I would certainly hope they would.
jerroll

Fair point & I certainly agree with the last paragraph.