Salford Aggro

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Norfolk & Chance

Re: Salford Aggro

Thanks for taking the trouble, a good read.
Although the Borehamwood comment is quite unforgivable.
SalfordSlim

Norfolk & Chance wrote:Thanks for taking the trouble, a good read.
Payback is sweet.... :P

Just trying to bring some perspective, kinda feels like we're Millwall at the minute! :laugh:
X-Bumble

SalfordSlim wrote:

Just trying to bring some perspective, kinda feels like we're Millwall at the minute! :laugh:
Yeah, but as I said, if you don't weed out these 'thugs' from your club, this will follow (and precede you) as you go forward. And once you get that reputation, other clubs undesirables come out of the woodwork.

I don't mean this in a patronising way, but as an ex-league club, non-league is very, very different. If you do go up, you will see a very ugly side of some league clubs (thankfully this is declining), and I think your 'thugs' will be astonished at what they come up against.

You need to root these people out before it damages you too far.
Oh and as for us being a bunch of Northern thugs I think your last poster has highlighted just how easy it is for clubs to get an unwarranted reputation for trouble by keyboard warriors/gobshites/numpties (delete as appropriate) spouting off without knowing any facts.
A bit rude, it was a genuine mistake on my part which I amended!
SalfordSlim

X-Bumble wrote:
SalfordSlim wrote:

Yeah, but as I said, if you don't weed out these 'thugs' from your club, this will follow (and precede you) as you go forward. And once you get that reputation, other clubs undesirables come out of the woodwork.

I don't mean this in a patronising way, but as an ex-league club, non-league is very, very different. If you do go up, you will see a very ugly side of some league clubs (thankfully this is declining), and I think your 'thugs' will be astonished at what they come up against.

You need to root these people out before it damages you too far.
Oh and as for us being a bunch of Northern thugs I think your last poster has highlighted just how easy it is for clubs to get an unwarranted reputation for trouble by keyboard warriors/gobshites/numpties (delete as appropriate) spouting off without knowing any facts.
A bit rude, it was a genuine mistake on my part which I amended!
Thugs? There was one incident that was started by supposed Salford "supporters" (who I've already stated weren't at the game) so what group of thugs are you referring to? It took place outside the ground and whilst the incident should rightly be investigated and those involved (non-fans) prosecuted the media reaction has been completely OTT. Would it have made the headlines for any other club? Bearing in mind there is regular trouble at games involving Halifax & Darlo do you recall ever seeing reports of their "thugs" in the papers?

The other incident this season involved Hartlepool fans trying to force their way into our end (having left the game 10 minutes early) because we'd given them a good stuffing. Objects were thrown by their fans and stewards had to close the gates to protect our fans.

But hey, I was only at the games and observing what happened and you and your fellow fans know far better from reading crap spouted by some journalist who probably wasn't even at the game.

And thanks for your non-patronising advice on League clubs, I'll bear it in mind. As a Utd fan I've been to plenty of aways (multiple euro trips) so I'm well aware of certain clubs and their reputation.

As for being rude, if opposition fans are going to dish it out then you need to learn to take it. There are multiple posters on here who've had a pop and with very little justification so yeah I'm gonna try and get my point across. Some of the gibberish I've read is quite laughable and doesn't exactly paint your fans in the greatest of light (apologies to the few on here who've been more than reasoned in their assessment of my club, you're not included in this rant! :D )

Anyhow, hope the Salford Massive behaved themselves last night (watch out for Al and his flask!) and hopefully you guys won't be too scared to visit Moor Lane later in the season as you'll get a warm welcome. :kiss:
NoMagRyan

SalfordSlim wrote:As for being rude, if opposition fans are going to dish it out then you need to learn to take it. There are multiple posters on here who've had a pop and with very little justification so yeah I'm gonna try and get my point across. Some of the gibberish I've read is quite laughable and doesn't exactly paint your fans in the greatest of light (apologies to the few on here who've been more than reasoned in their assessment of my club, you're not included in this rant! :D )
Every fanbase has fans who make the club look bad with nonsense posted on forums, ours is no different and neither is yours. No issue with your fans last night FWIW and they made a lot of noise during the game. Did your club proud, always impressed when fans travel that far for midweek games. Good luck for the rest of the season.
SalfordSlim

NoMagRyan wrote:
SalfordSlim wrote:As for being rude, if opposition fans are going to dish it out then you need to learn to take it. There are multiple posters on here who've had a pop and with very little justification so yeah I'm gonna try and get my point across. Some of the gibberish I've read is quite laughable and doesn't exactly paint your fans in the greatest of light (apologies to the few on here who've been more than reasoned in their assessment of my club, you're not included in this rant! :D )
Every fanbase has fans who make the club look bad with nonsense posted on forums, ours is no different and neither is yours. No issue with your fans last night FWIW and they made a lot of noise during the game. Did your club proud, always impressed when fans travel that far for midweek games. Good luck for the rest of the season.
Cheers and agree fully. The thing is most of our idiot fans can be found on the Vanarama Facebook "Banter" Page which is just cringeworthy and full of pre-pubescent teens!! And was gutted I wasn't there last night but hopefully there'll be another chance to visit your place in the near future (in League 2 preferably!). I'll see a few of the hardy travellers tonight at the youth cup match and we're off to Eastleigh on Saturday to rack up a few more Vanarama coach miles!

Good luck for the season. Hopefully I can get my uncle and cousin up north for the return game as would be good for them to see Moor Lane as it's probably been 20+ years since they last made the trip up! :D
becbee

Salford Slim - please don't judge all Barnet fans on what you've read from a handful of posters on this thread.
For what it's worth, I think your posts seem to be very reasonable.

XBumble lives further from The Hive than you do, I'm not sure whether he even gets to any matches.

Your fans seemed fine last night. A few choruses of "is there a fire drill?" but you'd expect that.

I've been to most of the current L1 and L2 ground watching Barnet and I've seen very little trouble. About half the clubs are ex non league anyway. The occasional trouble outside the ground from youths who weren't even at the match. The worst I've encountered was at Birmingham City (Cup match) but that just maybe (!) had something to do with some of our "fans" chanting about their centre forward being a rapist!

Looking forward to chalking up another new ground next March and hopefully our turn for the 1-3 away win. Can hope anyway!
jerroll

becbee wrote:Salford Slim - please don't judge all Barnet fans on what you've read from a handful of posters on this thread.

XBumble lives further from The Hive than you do, I'm not sure whether he even gets to any matches.

Your fans seemed fine last night. A few choruses of "is there a fire drill?" but you'd expect that.

I've been to most of the current L1 and L2 ground watching Barnet and I've seen very little trouble. About half the clubs are ex non league anyway. The occasional trouble outside the ground from youths who weren't even at the match. The worst I've encountered was at Birmingham City (Cup match) but that just maybe (!) had something to do with some of our "fans" chanting about their centre forward being a rapist!

Looking forward to chalking up another new ground next March and hopefully our turn for the 1-3 away win. Can hope anyway!
Game won't be in March, will be a Tuesday night in April as 1 of us will be in the fa trophy semi final!!
SalfordSlim

becbee wrote:Salford Slim - please don't judge all Barnet fans on what you've read from a handful of posters on this thread.

Point noted. I've got a soft spot for Barnet due to my family connections but never managed to make it to Underhill and the only time I've been to The Hive was to watch Salford Rugby a few years back. Nice little set-up from what I remember.

I think we all know which teams you can potentially expect trouble from and we certainly won't be one of them! Needless to say i'll be keeping a low profile on our trips to Halifax, Wrexham and Hartlepool. :laugh:

There's not much going on around our ground tbh and the infrastructure is nowhere near good enough for league one football (if we ever get there). I'll pop back here in March before the return game and give Bees fans a run down on what to expect, places to go/avoid etc. In the meantime, good luck for the season. Would be good to see Barnet challenging for promotion, especially at the expense of those mentioned above!!
X-Bumble

becbee wrote:
I do get to matches, but not as many as I would like. As I live in Whitby, I remembered the trouble and the damage that was done to the ground and the town. But as I say, I misremembered FC United with Salford. Due to the Man Utd. connection and me getting older!

My post was not meant to be patronising.
Psycho

I also owe Salford City football club and it's supporters a sincere apology.

Part of it was jealousy with the money being spent at the club - nothing wrong with that providing you keep getting promoted regularly. The comments about broken seats and fights was unnecessary. Part of it was in jest but these kind of things make opposition fans wary and I am truly sorry for that.

Best of luck for the rest of the season, SalfordSlim - apart from the reverse match in the spring! Enjoy your football and supporting your club. You certainly seem like a very nice person on here. All the best mate. :Drink1:
SalfordSlim

Psycho wrote:I also owe Salford City football club and it's supporters a sincere apology.

Part of it was jealousy with the money being spent at the club - nothing wrong with that providing you keep getting promoted regularly. The comments about broken seats and fights was unnecessary. Part of it was in jest but these kind of things make opposition fans wary and I am truly sorry for that.

Best of luck for the rest of the season, SalfordSlim - apart from the reverse match in the spring! Enjoy your football and supporting your club. You certainly seem like a very nice person on here. All the best mate. :Drink1:
Careful..... this could descend into a bit of a love-in! :kiss: :D

We'll make sure you all get a warm welcome in March (well apart from the weather up here!) and you'll all be welcome in the supporters bar. If you're lucky Gary Nev and co may even pose for selfies. :P (Carragher did last week when we were at Marine! :shock: )

Right, I'll leave you guys in peace now....ATB and a very early Merry Christmas!! :Drink1:

PS. Even my mates don't like me so the "very nice person" is appreciated. :laugh:
hoppy

Now David Beckham has taken a 10% share in Salford.
ninestein

Might it be because Scholes is linked with the Oldham manager's job, and he would have to relinquish his share in another club?
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Psycho

SalfordSlim wrote:Point noted. I've got a soft spot for Barnet due to my family connections but never managed to make it to Underhill and the only time I've been to The Hive was to watch Salford Rugby a few years back. Nice little set-up from what I remember.

I think we all know which teams you can potentially expect trouble from and we certainly won't be one of them! Needless to say i'll be keeping a low profile on our trips to Halifax, Wrexham and Hartlepool. :laugh:

There's not much going on around our ground tbh and the infrastructure is nowhere near good enough for league one football (if we ever get there). I'll pop back here in March before the return game and give Bees fans a run down on what to expect, places to go/avoid etc. In the meantime, good luck for the season. Would be good to see Barnet challenging for promotion, especially at the expense of those mentioned above!!
SalfordSlim, where was your advice? :?: