Halifax Next Week

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
buzzinbee

Re: Halifax Next Week

BEEGONE wrote:Why is anyone surprised?
When is TK ever going learn!

Others say he is a good business man, really! If this was a normal business, the shutters would be down long ago.

I hope the 'gesture of good will' will be upped up to at least a free coach for those who paid for travel. But I won't be giving credit to the Club for backtracking again because give it month and they slap us in the face again.

There was a thread about Saracens on here a few weeks back, well, has anyone seen the plans for the next stage of Barnet Playing Fields!

Is anyone else still believing that it was all the Council's fault when the loyal fan base are being treated like this!
Mikel Bee

It genuinely is refreshing to have a manager and chairman who takes the FA Cup seriously and I can see the reasoning behind the rearrangement of the fixture but for Christ's sake reimburse the absolute lifeblood of the club who were going to travel to the Halifax game, regardless of how our season was going, FA Cup run or not.

We've made a relatively small fortune from prize and TV money so far. Yet it would surely take a much smaller amount to reimburse the out of pocket fans who would have travelled to watch this game on a cold November Tuesday night no matter what. Without these folks we're nothing, an embarrassment at this level instead of an ex league club fighting their way back to where they belong. That's the truth of it. We're being hounded elsewhere online this evening for our attendance today.

We need a gesture that we are a club united in spite of our situation. These folks should be supported.
pgbee

Mikel Bee wrote:It genuinely is refreshing to have a manager and chairman who takes the FA Cup seriously and I can see the reasoning behind the rearrangement of the fixture but for Christ's sake reimburse the absolute lifeblood of the club who were going to travel to the Halifax game, regardless of how our season was going, FA Cup run or not.

We've made a relatively small fortune from prize and TV money so far. Yet it would surely take a much smaller amount to reimburse the out of pocket fans who would have travelled to watch this game on a cold November Tuesday night no matter what. Without these folks we're nothing, an embarrassment at this level instead of an ex league club fighting their way back to where they belong. That's the truth of it. We're being hounded elsewhere online this evening for our attendance today.

We need a gesture that we are a club united in spite of our situation. These folks should be supported.
Agree with all of that except we are a non league club that in the last 30 years has had 3 spells in the league. By a lot of our off field actions, we continue to be non league.
Who gives a ff what other people think of our attendance? There is one man who should be concerned though....
rudebwoyben

buzzinbee wrote:

Others say he is a good business man, really! If this was a normal business, the shutters would be down long ago.

I hope the 'gesture of good will' will be upped up to at least a free coach for those who paid for travel. But I won't be giving credit to the Club for backtracking again because give it month and they slap us in the face again.

There was a thread about Saracens on here a few weeks back, well, has anyone seen the plans for the next stage of Barnet Playing Fields!

Is anyone else still believing that it was all the Council's fault when the loyal fan base are being treated like this!

Of course it’s the council’s fault. That and the Halifax affair are too entirely separate issues.
John_c

buzzinbee wrote:

You know TK submitted plans for those fields years ago don't you?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
John_c

LoudmouthBFC wrote:Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yet another poorly handled situation, made worse by a poorly worded email.

It can't be difficult surely? They knew that the moment the decision was made that a group of fans would be inconvenienced. Can't have been that hard to be proactive and issue some some sort of gesture at the same time as announcing - not free tickets to season ticket holders either!

Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

BEEGONE

There isn't even a name on the email.

We are such a faceless corporate club now!
John_c

BEEGONE wrote:There isn't even a name on the email.

Yeah. Because that was the most important thing...

Bee_Forever

Have emailed the FSF. Sick of this club treating loyal supporters so shabbily.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
BEEGONE

John_c wrote:
BEEGONE wrote:There isn't even a name on the email.

Yeah. Because that was the most important thing...

Clearly to some, its 2018, how often do you receive responses from complaints with no name on it? :?:

No doubt another member of staff paid less then the London living wage with no experience etc.
BEEGONE

Bee_Forever wrote:Have emailed the FSF. Sick of this club treating loyal supporters so shabbily.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
This is the 2nd time the club has been reported to FSF in the space of a month... Says it all.
buzzinbee

John_c wrote:
rudebwoyben wrote:
buzzinbee wrote:

Of course it’s the council’s fault. That and the Halifax affair are too entirely separate issues.
You know TK submitted plans for those fields years ago don't you?
I did use the word all in my post and no, not entirely separate issues as only one person deals or signs-off anything to do with the Club.

I do John. Do you know that none of any one of the councillors (of any parties) wants to have any engagement with Barnet FC while TK is at the helm!

I do hope the loyal fans do get reimbursed in a better way than what they been fobbed off with, but I'm sure there be another thread, in the coming months, where the customer relations department will alienate more of the dwindling fan base to other things to do on match days.
letchbee94

The club don't seem to understand that giving us 2 free tickets to members who have season tickets is of no benefit to us.
letchbee94

becbee wrote:Like others, I'm not personally affected. However I go to enough away matches to know of the devotion and support provided by the die-hard, hard core fans, there in all weathers even when results/ performances were going against us. They give a huge amount of time and personal expense, plus their annual leave from work, to support the team and they deserve better than to be fobbed off like this.

Quote from John Still's programme notes today:

"The support we have received has been superb. It’s difficult to put into words exactly how you feel when you have had a long journey on a Sunday and a long journey on a Wednesday night. I’ll always say, whether there is 1 fan or 1,000,000 getting behind us - it’s their time and it’s their money and I have every respect for those that follow this team all over. To all of those people that have travelled all over so far this season, you do a wonderful job for your football team".

Let's hope the club back up the manager's comments.
It nice that John and the team appreciate us, which we knew anyway.
king45bee

For those interested we booked through Travelodge and they have allowed us to move booking to whenever new date is even though was a cheap advance rate booked in August.

For train have thrown myself on mercy of lner and having spoken to them tonight have emailed them to ask for a gesture of goodwill - have pointed out won't cost too much you never know and sent them link to Barnet website. Am sure the few may have tried already to customers@lner.co.uk. Perhaps i should have offered them my free tickets Image. Just hoping they value their customers.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk