A little bit of fixture overhang...

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Re: A little bit of fixture overhang...

Postby becbee » 03 Dec 2018, 14:57

Psycho wrote:I always enjoy the New Year's Day match and it's a good one this season with Boring Wood making the journey to THL.

Please, Barnet. Don't postpone it unless we get a winnable tie in the FA Cup third round. Then I understand.

The Sutton and Halifax matches were postponed by mutual agreement because both clubs and us were in the FA Cup the following Saturday. Borehamwood are out so they'd have no reason to agree to the postponement.
becbee

Postby hoppy » 03 Dec 2018, 15:34

becbee wrote:
Psycho wrote:I always enjoy the New Year's Day match and it's a good one this season with Boring Wood making the journey to THL.

Please, Barnet. Don't postpone it unless we get a winnable tie in the FA Cup third round. Then I understand.

The Sutton and Halifax matches were postponed by mutual agreement because both clubs and us were in the FA Cup the following Saturday. Borehamwood are out so they'd have no reason to agree to the postponement.

Neighbourly love??
hoppy

Postby hoofer2 » 03 Dec 2018, 15:34

barnetjohn wrote:The problem with playing twice in a week is not so much the fitness. It's more about not having much training/preparation time to work on tactics, set yourself up, tweak your style for the opposition etc. FWIW- I think moving the Halifax game was a smart idea. But crucially, we need to guard against the risk of pileup later on, which means getting some of the games replayed soon after New Year just in case weather or cups give us even more rearrnaged games.

Didn't do Barry Fry teams any harm...if your team has momentum the more games the better
hoofer2

Postby MCB » 03 Dec 2018, 15:53

becbee wrote:

Lack of interest?
MCB

Postby Edd1 » 03 Dec 2018, 16:00

becbee wrote:

I’d go further, if we have a plumb draw what better time to play us? Minds are elsewhere, no one wants to be injured or suspended for the big day. Perfect timing for anyone playing us.
Edd1

Previous

Return to General Barnet Chat