Lowest gate of weekend

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
barnetjohn

Re: Lowest gate of weekend

I agree with a lot stuff here. Sad thing is that so much of what is wrong with the Hive is fairly plainly obvious, has been for some time, and is relatively easy to fix.

Legends bar just looks shabby- I appreciate they are doing work, but it's dragged on and on, and now we're nearly halfway through the season and it's still not complete.

The beer is poor- I know they don't sell much, but the solution is so simple- just get some bottles in. Everyone's said it, we've told Tony in the Q&A and still this basic solution gets ignored.

The service is slow- pints take a while to pour, so why not pre-pour some just before the half time rush? Basic, simple, straightforward and still the club don't get this right.

Hive bar used to be really nice but the got ruined by turning into a starbucks and a chicken restaurant. Fans who used to drink there before games now go to Wetherspoons or Moranos.

Chairman treats fans as a commodity- basic PR gaffes including the absurd "fans referendum" a couple of years ago, failing to reimburse Halifax costs etc.

Sad thing is - it's not that hard to fix. If Tony actually listened a bit more to fans, took on board what they wanted, we could solve a lot of this stuff. Sadly, all too often Tony thinks he knows best and thinks he has a better solution.
king45bee

Personally have started using East stand for the fa cup games inc this weekend for the ready access to the hive bar - which is still a good facility imho - after a few long waits in legends

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Agewills

Will we see a sub-900 gate this season?? Sad state of affairs if so.
JWTBee

Nudger70 wrote:Not sure whether it’s affecting the attendances or not but the legends bar is an awful experience at the moment. Freezing concrete floor no TVs and the usual poor standard out of the taps it wouldn’t encourage you to spend any time there.
I totally agree with this! I got there quite early last Saturday & there were about 3 people in there! The club really should make some sort of announcement of when this is going to be sorted out! I was seriously thinking of going to the Hive Bar instead but I was meeting friends in Legends.Yet another example of poor treatment of loyal fans!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
letchbee94

Agewills wrote:Will we see a sub-900 gate this season?? Sad state of affairs if so.
Fa Trophy game maybe?
beew

JWTBee wrote:
Nudger70 wrote:Not sure whether it’s affecting the attendances or not but the legends bar is an awful experience at the moment. Freezing concrete floor no TVs and the usual poor standard out of the taps it wouldn’t encourage you to spend any time there.
I totally agree with this! I got there quite early last Saturday & there were about 3 people in there! The club really should make some sort of announcement of when this is going to be sorted out! I was seriously thinking of going to the Hive Bar instead but I was meeting friends in Legends.Yet another example of poor treatment of loyal fans!

I was thinking of calling DIY SOS on behalf of the club but realised Nick Knowles is in the jungle.
becbee

letchbee94 wrote:
Agewills wrote:Will we see a sub-900 gate this season?? Sad state of affairs if so.
Fa Trophy game maybe?
Unless Bath City fans travel well then I think that's a given.
Norb
Location: East Barnet near Oakhill Park 20 mins walk to Underhill

Tried the north stand for the B Rovers game as don't like sitting in cold windy west and view from south is crap.
Plus bits were great view, excellent bar with sofas and loads of space.
Minus bits - the beer is rubbish and the stand was full of rovers fans all enjoying the best views.
The ground looked empty from up there but at least I could sit in the afternoon sun.
Would rather be standing in afternoon sun at Underhill north or NW terrace.
Won't be back too soon , Underhill was every game.