Away End

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ImposterSCFC

Away End

Hi Stockport fan here,

I have a question about your away end - The ticket site is showing us as having one block then another one, rather than the whole stand - is this just the way the ticket website is set up and when we get there we'll actually have access to the whole stand?

Or do your powers-that-be/stewards actually cordon off/tape off sections of the end depending on how many tickets have been sold/expected turnout?

Just need to know how picky or thoughtful I need to be buying tickets - if it's "well you might bring 1k, but you'll still get 1900 seats to sit in" - no great problem - if it's stewards with the "sit in your goddarn allocated seat!" then I'll be picky.

BTW you never should have moved from Underhill - not only was it terracing, it was also around the corner from my uncle's house!

Anyway, good luck after Sunday and thanks in advance :D
ccollis_869

Re: Away End

Based on comments from other fans, and from what I have seen when fans try to cross the tape, the stewards are very picky about keeping fans within the allocated areas
MCB

Hi Stockport fan,

Basically what i'd recommend is reading this article by the forward thinking Accrington Stanley chairman, Andy Holt:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/s ... o-stanley/

And then remember that we'll try and do the opposite.

So, expect to be initially squeezed into the tiny top left corner, then when it's noted that you've sold more than 20 seats, then it will slowly be opened out so you get the rest of the stand, probably block by block.

On the positive, you will get a nice big bar. Unless the away stand is hosting a wedding, at which point, you'll be shoe horned into using a tiny bottle bar.

We've got this great big modern ticketing system, which you should take advantage of to prebuy and print your tickets. As if you don't, you'll probably have a 2 hour queue on arrival.

And if you do have your tickets in advance, please allow at least 2 weeks for security searches.

Please don't bring any inflatables, as you'll be arrested. Grimsby fans who bought smoke bombs 2 years ago i'm led to believe are still incarcerated in Guantanemo Bay. Make sure you your flags are certified fireproof, and under no circumstances could be misenterpreted as being incredibly rude.

Above all we wish you an enjoyable matchday experience, look forward to welcoming you to The Hive, and a fruitful trip to the Emirates in your 3rd round fixture.

The last televised game against Stockport was one of the worst games i've ever seen. I do believe you allowed Jason Norville to score that day, disproving the myth that he never actually existed after signing a 2 year contract for us.
ImposterSCFC

Thanks for the confirmation guys.

I was hoping it was just because of the way the computer system worked.

Being rude reminds me of a trip to... I think Southend many years ago where following aggressive intervention from the stewards, our "he's here, he's there, he's every-f********-where" chant changed to "he's here, he's there, we're not allowed to swear"!

That TV game at EP was utterly, utterly dreadful - not for the first time we get a big crowd in or shown on tv and fail to turn up - so you've that in your favour.

And if we did get through knowing our luck we'd miss out on a trip to Arsenal/Man Utd/Liverpool by one "pick" and end up drawing Plymouth away!

See you all Sunday :-)
BEEGONE

MCB wrote: The last televised game against Stockport was one of the worst games i've ever seen. I do believe you allowed Jason Norville to score that day, disproving the myth that he never actually existed after signing a 2 year contract for us.
Some of us saw him score at Chesterfield too many years ago! :ohlord:
hoppy

Just had a quick tot up and County have so far sold 442 tickets.
MCB

ImposterSCFC wrote: And if we did get through knowing our luck we'd miss out on a trip to Arsenal/Man Utd/Liverpool by one "pick" and end up drawing Plymouth away!

We had our best run in the FA Cup under Paul Fairclough reaching Round 4 two years on the trot, and considering that's 4 chances of a great tie, our best draw of the lot was indeed Plymouth. Scott Sinclair scored a cracking winner for them though, thus if we win, we get Halifax away, if you win, you get Man City away.
ccollis_869

MCB wrote:
ImposterSCFC wrote: And if we did get through knowing our luck we'd miss out on a trip to Arsenal/Man Utd/Liverpool by one "pick" and end up drawing Plymouth away!

We had our best run in the FA Cup under Paul Fairclough reaching Round 4 two years on the trot, and considering that's 4 chances of a great tie, our best draw of the lot was indeed Plymouth. Scott Sinclair scored a cracking winner for them though, thus if we win, we get Halifax away, if you win, you get Man City away.
Wasn't the other 4th round the MK Dons, Puncheon missing a early penalty to put us 1 up in the 4th round of the FA Cup!
rudebwoyben

ccollis_869 wrote:
MCB wrote:

Wasn't the other 4th round the MK Dons, Puncheon missing a early penalty to put us 1 up in the 4th round of the FA Cup!
Bristol Rovers with Rickie Lambert scoring for them after Puncheon's penalty miss.
Norfolk & Chance

I was a fan of fairclough back then but I couldn't help thinking we missed a big opportunity in both games. We seemed to approach them, as far as I could see, more negatively than the previous rounds. I remember being bitterly disappointed but the atmosphere at each game was electric.
magiovinium_bee

Wasn’t the game at Stockport (I’m sure played on a Sunday) where Jason Norville scored, the same game that had Liam Hatch bursting the ball in a full blooded challenge with a Stockport player? Not sure I had ever seen that happen live before or since.
BEEGONE

magiovinium_bee wrote:Wasn’t the game at Stockport (I’m sure played on a Sunday) where Jason Norville scored, the same game that had Liam Hatch bursting the ball in a full blooded challenge with a Stockport player? Not sure I had ever seen that happen live before or since.
Was a Sunday for sure, was also a 2 for 1 ticket offer....

Was a rubbish game.
ninestein

I believe the ball richoched in off Norville's shin to make it 1-1. And Hatch got MOTM for his all action performance.
The Sky cameras were also left bemused by the two managers standing having a good old friendly chat on the touchline whilst the game was going on, because that sort of thing just isn't allowed to happen. The 4th official didn't know what to do. It was hilarious.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
rudebwoyben

I remember the Sky Television cameras capturing very well in this match how rubbish League 2 Assistant Referees are at adjudging offside!
magiovinium_bee

Perhaps I imagined that bursting ball incident !