Tarpey Loan to Maidenhead

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
DerekRocholl

Tarpey Loan to Maidenhead

Until 1st January. I guess he will then be sold during the transfer window.
Guiseleybee

Re: Tarpey Loan to Maidenhead

Not at all. Seems a very sensible move for all parties. I'd fully expect him to come back, hopefully benefiting from regular first team action.
ccollis_869

Depends how he gets on I suppose
WinchyBee

Inevitable move, good for all parties I think. Hopefully he'll come back after playing 6/7 full matches and bagging a few goals in the meantime.
letchbee94

This no way me having a go at Tarpey here, but what a waste of money this has turned out to be.
MCB

He's managed exactly 200 minutes of football for us. Wasn't he the club record signing?

I remember the utter excitement of that 31st August deadline (it was my birthday I was pissed), and two days later under Eames with Tarps in the team we thrashed them 1-4, and were definitely going up.

How quickly things change :*(:
#Beebot

letchbee94 wrote:This no way me having a go at Tarpey here, but what a waste of money this has turned out to be.
Mainly because Still has rammed the squad with strikers and has irrational favourites.
BEEGONE

MCB wrote:He's managed exactly 200 minutes of football for us. Wasn't he the club record signing?

I remember the utter excitement of that 31st August deadline (it was my birthday I was pissed), and two days later under Eames with Tarps in the team we thrashed them 1-4, and were definitely going up.

This was a side that was crying out for a holding midfielder, instead we wasted every penny on a 4th striker who broke down within minutes. Whoever passed him fit to sign should have been fired. All the clues were there including never having played professional football as his body might not be up to it.... :Drink1:
Guiseleybee

letchbee94 wrote:This no way me having a go at Tarpey here, but what a waste of money this has turned out to be.
I don't see how you can judge to this conclusion. It's not his fault he got injured. This to me looks more about getting a player fit, sharp and ready to properly compete for a starting place rather than confirmation we are giving up on him and selling up.
fordybarnet

Tarpey or not Tarpey, that is the question !
LoudmouthBFC

He needs game time, lets hope he can kick on and he comes back to us banging in goals. Right now we need a forward to start scoring.
Norfolk & Chance

Guiseleybee wrote:
I don't see how you can judge to this conclusion. It's not his fault he got injured. This to me looks more about getting a player fit, sharp and ready to properly compete for a starting place rather than confirmation we are giving up on him and selling up.
?

The point made was it was a big waste of money.
Impossible to argue that point as at today.
Nothing to do with who's 'fault' it was when he was injured.

He might come back refreshed, fit and score gazillions of goals, in which case he won't have been a big waste of money.
BEEGONE

Norfolk & Chance wrote: He might come back refreshed, fit and score gazillions of goals, in which case he won't have been a big waste of money.
I think we all have to remember he is now 30, been out for over a year and never played league football.

Lets not pin to much hope on him....

I hope im wrong.
UnderhillStackSave

BEEGONE wrote:
MCB wrote:He's managed exactly 200 minutes of football for us. Wasn't he the club record signing?

This was a side that was crying out for a holding midfielder, instead we wasted every penny on a 4th striker who broke down within minutes. Whoever passed him fit to sign should have been fired. All the clues were there including never having played professional football as his body might not be up to it.... :Drink1:
What an absolutely stupid statement, Tarpey injured his knee playing Cambridge. I think you should get a job in either HR or medicine
ninestein

Sensible move for all parties. Hopefully he can play a few games and re-discover his mojo, and what better club to do it at than the club he made a name for himself. Their fans will be excited by this.
He needs to play games now otherwise we're never going to know what he can do.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!