Stockport (Hive) The Match Thread Helped by the Halifax

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
#Beebot

Re: Stockport (Hive) The Match Thread Helped by the Halifax

rudebwoyben wrote:Stockport did not fully deserve an equaliser as despite their pressure they did not create a single clear-cut chance.
Elito actually did pretty well after he came on.
100%. All Cousins had to do was deal with crosses, which he did surprisingly well.

Elito looked tidy and showed some nice touches and movement.

The only real downside is that this result will validate Still's approach more in his mind. We could and should be doing better and I can't see the fans coming back if we continue to play like this. We'll keep grinding out some results like this but I think there will also be plenty more where Maidstone and Gateshead came from.
becbee

I actually think Stockport deserved an equaliser, if only to punish us for defending a 1-0 lead from about 15 minutes into the match. It would have served us right.

Pre kick off I'd intended to go to Stockport for any replay. As the match wore on, I thought how I really couldn't face another 90 (or even 120) minutes of such defensive stuff.

I thought MA was bad enough at defending 1-0 leads in matches we could have scored more goals in but at least he waited until midway through the second half before he put the blocks on any entertainment.

Why did we have to wait until 80th minute for Duku?
barnet34

John Still you're a lucky man. You obviously learned nothing from our last home game, leaving out Adams, and then taking off Fonguck, when once again he was just beginning to cut through a tired defence.
Also the decision to play with 10 men for 10 minutes to wait for Harrison, when you have Duku and Bettemer on the bench was a joke, and could have been costly.
However we did scrape through against a resilient County side roared on by their noisy following. We weren't to be outdone though and matched them at times. Our best player today for me was Jack Taylor, who showed some class.
Jon83

Stockport were terrible and looked like a NLN side but our team selection / tactics / manager allowed them to be in with a chance of a result until the final whistle!

We won the game. Sparkes scored. Sweeney was immense (had to be!). Taylor looked decent. Not many other positives.
EastBarnetBee

Not the best performance but we got the win! Thought Taylor, Sweeney and Cousins were excellent. Elito had some good touches too. Great header from Sparkes but he went missing after. Credit to the Stockport fans who made a racket. I don’t understand why so many were ejected though? Wonder what was going on. Fulham at home please. Up the Bees!
Nudger70

Great result eiether way. Understand the Walker sub Cheye just booked Elito was on as cover to stop him getting exposed Fonguck not his best game should have been left on. Thought Jack was superb today looked different class today . Welcome back to the atmosphere at the hive. COYBS
letchbee94

Good to get through to the 3rd round for the first time in 11 years, end of day we won that is main thing.
shankbee01

We won. Good times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mickbee

For 70 minutes that was like trying to sleep on a bed of nails. A team with a bit of quality in the final third would have put us away this afternoon, thankfully we defended well and sneaked through. But its the Cup and we're through so that's all that counts in the Cup its the only bright spot in a so far very average League campaign.
Mickbee

For 70 minutes that was like trying to sleep on a bed of nails. A team with a bit of quality in the final third would have put us away this afternoon, thankfully we defended well and sneaked through. But its the Cup and we're through so that's all that counts in the Cup its the only bright spot in a so far very average League campaign.
beew

Jon83 wrote:Stockport were terrible and looked like a NLN side but our team selection / tactics / manager allowed them to be in with a chance of a result until the final whistle!

We won the game. Sparkes scored. Sweeney was immense (had to be!). Taylor looked decent. Not many other positives.

Totally agree about Sweeney, he was immense in the final 15. MOM for me.

We started so well and deservedly went ahead and should really of put the game to bed in the first 45. However after the break we looked poor and Harrison didn’t seem interested. I was begging Still to change things around with a strong bench and thought Duku would be introduced early. Every sub was a headscratcher and when Wes went off I thought it was a time for them to score. But it didn’t happen and we won, to go into the 3rd round draw. Radios on at 7pm tomorrow people.
BeesKnees99

Relieved we won, and buzzing for the draw, but can’t help feeling a little flat.

The truth is we played pretty poorly. Wasteful in possession, too much hoofball and not clinical enough. Harrison should have scored, plain and simple.

Still’s substitutions and team selection is so frustrating. The game was crying out for Duku or Bettamer much earlier than the 80th minute; someone with physical presence that could bully a poor Stockport defence. Us in the South Terrace barely saw any action close up.

Walker should be used as an impact sub, like at Hartlepool where his freshness helped him score our third.

I feel for Sparkes as he gets a lot of abuse, and credit where credit’s due - he scored a very important goal, took the header well, and lest we forget he set up Harrison at Rovers. His corners weren’t great though.

Agree with others about Fonguck, he was starting to really trouble the County defence and suddenly he’s removed for Adams who should have started with him.

Was at first outraged by Elito sub but to be fair he did okay. It’ll be interesting to see more of him if Still insists on giving him game time.

County’s support was incredible, every fan singing their hearts out. Nice to see the away end packed out. We were outsung for the entire game, and our fans only really came alive towards the end when the 3rd round was in sight.

Overall a nervy game, unnecessarily nervy I might add, very very risky tactic to park the bus with a mere 1-0 lead and invite pressure. I fully expected an equaliser.

Let’s draw a Top 7 prem side please.
Will also settle for any London draw.
Please please don’t give us Accy away.
pgbee

Wow, thank God we didn't lose after these comments. We'll probably get Wigan away as a right deflator.....
letchbee94

pgbee wrote:Wow, thank God we didn't lose after these comments. We'll probably get Wigan away as a right deflator.....
I would be happy with that, would be a new ground to visit.

If we don't get a Liverpool, Man city etc then the next best thing would be to play a team/ ground where we have not played at before.
shankbee01

As I’ve said before, we won, we’re in the 3rd round of the Fa Cup. Just enjoy.... I know I sm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk