Who do you want and who will be get?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Re: Who do you want and who will be get?

Postby hoofer2 » 03 Dec 2018, 20:11

Sheffield United are one of the bigger clubs in the country. Better than Fulham, Brentford away.

It's a good tie. It's not as if we've ever rubbed shoulders with them competitively.

All cup ties are winnable...there's a chance
hoofer2

Postby jdmckbee » 03 Dec 2018, 20:12

Excellent draw. Proper stadium with proper fans.
We're the West Bank Underhill......
jdmckbee

Postby becbee » 03 Dec 2018, 20:12

Edd1 wrote:Surprised how negative people are being. One of the better championship sides, new ground for most of us I suspect and probably going to be a Saturday 3pm too given what else there is for the bbc to choose from. I’ll run with that.

Agree completely. Ok so not one of the big Prem clubs but quite honesty far better than many we could have drawn. I'm looking forward to it.
We avoided the really boring ties. Sheffield Utd are certainly different in that we've never played them before.
becbee

Postby Masuka » 03 Dec 2018, 20:14

The curse continues. First time in the 3rd round in 10 years and we get Sheff United away... boring tie, we’ll get battered, probably be on a Friday. Absolute shithouse
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
Masuka

Postby Psycho » 03 Dec 2018, 20:16

jdmckbee wrote:Excellent draw. Proper stadium with proper fans.

The Chip butty song is very catchy but I doubt they'll sing it unless we can take the lead or there's a large crowd.
Psycho

Postby bee007 » 03 Dec 2018, 20:17

Wednesday also drawn at home so I presume one of the games will be changed to a different day.
bee007

Postby Norfolk & Chance » 03 Dec 2018, 20:17

In amongst the doom and gloom, there is the off chance we might actually get through to the 4th round...

Or bring them back to the morgue...

And there were some considerably worse draws. Who else held their breath when Preston/Accrington/Bristol/Wrexham/Shrewsbury/Woking /Burnley came out of the hat first?

Could have been better, could have been worse, we might get through............ it'll do for me.
Norfolk & Chance

Postby PBBee » 03 Dec 2018, 20:19

Pretty underwhelming especially after some of the other lower league/non league teams got some juicy ties.

Of course it could have been worse.

I thought I would check their attendances & was very disappointed to see their Carabao cup attendance of 6300 vs Hull earlier this season. League attendances ranging from 23-30k though.
PBBee

Postby b4life » 03 Dec 2018, 20:22

I'll be happy if it's Saturday cause I'll be able to go, although I have been there before so shame it's not a new ground. The BBC will screw it for me though.
b4life

Postby lemming3k » 03 Dec 2018, 20:23

Edd1 wrote:
lemming3k wrote:
hoofer2 wrote:If a home tie vs PL is pulled, I hope TK limits tickets to 2 for each member + those who have attended at least 10 matches at the Hive, based on past ticket purchases.

Do you want us to only have 1500 fans present? Because I can't see many more qualifying for that criteria!

Spurs away for me, or any big name.
We'll get Woking or something though.

I think you'd be surprised at how many people that would come to.

While gates at the hive have been low the impression I have is that the number of people who stopped watching Barnet altogether when we moved is relatively modest. Not insignificant I grant you, but it's not the masses some people think. What has happened is a lot of people have started going less. Partly crap football, partly logistics. We've been there 5 years now. With 700-800 members who come every week and gates averaging, over 5 years, I'm going to guess at around 1400-1500 home fans per game. If those buying match day tickets were coming to every game they would be members. Among them will be those who come to 15, 10, 5 or even just 1 game a season. Those who come to 2+ per season (giving the 10 ticket history suggested) is going to come to a few thousand I reckon. Personally I average about 6 home and 2 or 3 away each season and I know plenty of others who are in a similar position.

Those numbers are guesses but they are sensible ones I think.

Whatever.

If we get a big name at home I have little doubt that there will be a phased ticket sale, with members, quite rightly, getting first shout, followed by those with purchase history before they hit general sale.

I suspect we have a fairly rotational group of 3-4 thousand fans at most, many of whom will have been members in the past for a season or two - but we can always drag another couple thousand mates to a big draw as per Old Trafford (I believe we numbered around 6,500 that day?)
The trouble with the original comment was that it didn't mention past memberships(although it could perhaps be inferred), and that it doesn't account for any ticket office sales as these would not be tracked against an individual - someone could attend 10 games every year but without ordering online there is no historical record to show for it.
I completely agree current members should get first shout, it's an expected perk - but any system beyond that could become problematic for a group of genuine fans.
The club aren't exactly smashing it with the club-fan relationship this year, let's not give them further ideas. :laugh:

Moot now anyway as I can't see us selling out the away end at Sheffield.
lemming3k

Postby rudebwoyben » 03 Dec 2018, 20:23

A big club who we’ve never ever played before, at their place, which is one of the big historic football grounds situated in one of our more interesting cities. Plus, there’s the Currie connection. What’s not to like?
Last edited by rudebwoyben on 04 Dec 2018, 13:33, edited 1 time in total.
rudebwoyben

Postby PBBee » 03 Dec 2018, 20:34

Hopefully it stays Saturday as the trains take 3hrs on a Sunday & just 2 on a Saturday. Also cheaper Saturday
PBBee

Postby Milkfloat » 03 Dec 2018, 20:44

Sheff Utd have 6th highest attendances (26,000ish) in the Championship so we should get a reasonable crowd and some dosh off the back of the this. A good day out as well, especially if the club can lay on a few coaches. If we can stay in the game for an hour or so, who knows? Anything can happen!
Milkfloat

Postby BeeArmy » 03 Dec 2018, 20:48

Go on TK use some of the winnings to put some coaches on. Let's get a few up there.
BeeArmy

Postby watfordbee » 03 Dec 2018, 20:52

BeeArmy wrote:Go on TK use some of the winnings to put some coaches on. Let's get a few up there.

Makes sense. But come on we know this won’t happen, prove us wrong TK.
Now Lingfieldbee
watfordbee

PreviousNext

Return to General Barnet Chat