Craig Robson

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
WinchyBee

Craig Robson

Just to say I think he's been one of our better signings in recent years, really impressed with him.

Virtually wins every ball in the air, great tackler and positioning is decent too.
Not only that but he never goes hiding and always wants the ball and has looked like a good addition in the midfield too in recent weeks.

Like John Still said yesterday, the 4 of Adams, Reynolds, Robson and Sweeney are very solid and with all four of those playing let's hope we can pick up a few more clean sheets on the way!
JWTBee

Re: Craig Robson

WinchyBee wrote:Just to say I think he's been one of our better signings in recent years, really impressed with him.

Virtually wins every ball in the air, great tackler and positioning is decent too.
Not only that but he never goes hiding and always wants the ball and has looked like a good addition in the midfield too in recent weeks.

Like John Still said yesterday, the 4 of Adams, Reynolds, Robson and Sweeney are very solid and with all four of those playing let's hope we can pick up a few more clean sheets on the way!
I totally agree.I think that Robson is better as a DM than Adams but it's great to actually have 2 options in this position instead of none! As has been said elsewhere it will be interesting to see what happens when Jules & Tutonda are back fit again!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
barnet34

Agree also with these 4 players. Callum Reynolds is now looking a quality player after his injury.
let_it_bee

JWTBee wrote: I think that Robson is better as a DM than Adams but it's great to actually have 2 options in this position instead of none! As has been said elsewhere it will be interesting to see what happens when Jules & Tutonda are back fit again!
I'd disagree on that point. For me, Robson is a natural defender, probably one of the best we've had in recent years, and that's where he should be playing. I prefer Adams in central midfield because he has a better range of passing. If we want to play with a back 4 then Sweeney should be the one pushed into midfield, as he offers some creativity as well as ball winning capability. And I think Robson is a better reader of the game, so less likely to make costly defensive errors.
let_it_bee

JWTBee wrote: I think that Robson is better as a DM than Adams but it's great to actually have 2 options in this position instead of none! As has been said elsewhere it will be interesting to see what happens when Jules & Tutonda are back fit again!
I'd disagree on that point. For me, Robson is a natural defender, probably one of the best we've had in recent years, and that's where he should be playing. I prefer Adams in central midfield because he has a better range of passing. If we want to play with a back 4 then Sweeney should be the one pushed into midfield, as he offers some creativity as well as ball winning capability. And I think Robson is a better reader of the game, so less likely to make costly defensive errors.
john dockers shorts

Robson played well, but Adams is the more natural midfielder... However giving him a rest was probably good for him as he's played a lot recently.

Sweeney is a monster at the back and provides the aggression and dominance. Midfield I think would pass him by imo
barnet34

john dockers shorts wrote:Robson played well, but Adams is the more natural midfielder... However giving him a rest was probably good for him as he's played a lot recently.

Sweeney is a monster at the back and provides the aggression and dominance. Midfield I think would pass him by imo
Sweeney started life with Barnet in midfield and failed to impress.It was only when he filled in at centre back that he came to prominence.
He's air power and over all aggression leaves me in no doubt where he should play.
WinchyBee

Really good options at the back, with Ricardo Santos to come back too we're pretty spoilt for options.

Alexander / H.Taylor / Sweeney / Santos / Reynolds / Robson / Smith / Johnson / Tutonda
Not to mention those that are capable of filling in too, Adams, Vilhete to name a few.

Been really impressed with Reynolds since his return from injury too.
ninestein

It took Callum a few games to get fit, which is fair enough, but now we're seeing why Still brought him to the club and made him captain.
I thought Robson was excellent just in front of the back 4 yesterday. We've long been crying out for someone who can sit in front of the back line and properly dictate a game, as well as take the pressure off in the air.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
JWTBee

ninestein wrote:It took Callum a few games to get fit, which is fair enough, but now we're seeing why Still brought him to the club and made him captain.
I thought Robson was excellent just in front of the back 4 yesterday. We've long been crying out for someone who can sit in front of the back line and properly dictate a game, as well as take the pressure off in the air.
This! :Drink1:
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
Tuesds

I like Robson, and from what I’ve seen this season he’s been one of our best players, and certainly our best defender. But I agree strongly with those who’ve said they prefer Adams in midfield.

Robson would be one of the first names on my teamsheet, but it would definitely be as a centre half. If we’re going to continue with a four at the back with just two centre halves, I think it’s got to be Robson + 1 of Sweeney or Reynolds, not Sweeney and Reynolds with Robson in midfield.
LeftSideRun

Would rather see Sweeney or Adams in midfield and Robson at the back. Sweeney has more quality on the ball.

Not sure Santos will be back. Heard he has the same injury at Owen Hargreaves had, sadly. Miss him bursting out of defence on the odd mad run.