Vs Borehamwood (H)

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Vs Borehamwood (H)

Postby Guiseleybee » 06 Dec 2018, 10:13

FA cup fixture confirmation should come today or tomorrow.

But what about the Borehamwood (H) game on new years day? I suppose its different from when the Sutton and Halifax games were postponed as our opponents in this case have no vested interest in moving the game as well but is that a possibility? Hope not but noted it's not possible to buy tickets online at the moment so wondered why?
Guiseleybee

Re: Vs Borehamwood (H)

Postby jerroll » 06 Dec 2018, 10:15

Guiseleybee wrote:FA cup fixture confirmation should come today or tomorrow.

But what about the Borehamwood (H) game on new years day? I suppose its different from when the Sutton and Halifax games were postponed as our opponents in this case have no vested interest in moving the game as well but is that a possibility? Hope not but noted it's not possible to buy tickets online at the moment so wondered why?

no tickets are on sale for any games! if we postpone this game we will be 5 games behind!!
jerroll

Postby Guiseleybee » 06 Dec 2018, 10:20

jerroll wrote:
Guiseleybee wrote:FA cup fixture confirmation should come today or tomorrow.

no tickets are on sale for any games! if we postpone this game we will be 5 games behind!!

But why aren't any tickets on sale for any home games? seems odd. I've sent tweet to club to ask.

Totally agree, we are in danger of a big fixture backlog, already played fewest games!
Guiseleybee

Postby jerroll » 06 Dec 2018, 10:26

Interesting reply from them saying the are in the process of updating ticket prices - wonder if reductions are about to occur?
jerroll

Postby Guiseleybee » 06 Dec 2018, 10:27

jerroll wrote:Interesting reply from them saying the are in the process of updating ticket prices - wonder if reductions are about to occur?

Like the trains.......service and experience is poor but prices rise in Jan regardless......
Guiseleybee

Postby jerroll » 06 Dec 2018, 10:28

Guiseleybee wrote:
jerroll wrote:Interesting reply from them saying the are in the process of updating ticket prices - wonder if reductions are about to occur?

Like the trains.......service and experience is poor but prices rise in Jan regardless......

That also crossed my mind!!
jerroll

Postby hoppy » 06 Dec 2018, 10:39

jerroll wrote:
Guiseleybee wrote:

That also crossed my mind!!

The trains (for the most part) have a captive custom.
Barnet FC's captive customers are those who have Memberships. Prices for Members will surely remain unchanged.
Barnet FC need to attract new "customers". Most businesses reduce their prices in order to attract new customers. But, there again, Barnet FC is not like most businesses. I would say expect the unexpected, but in this case I would say expect the expected.
hoppy

Postby MCB » 06 Dec 2018, 10:42

They've confirmed on twitter that the game is still going ahead and tickets will be available over the coming days.
MCB

Postby becbee » 06 Dec 2018, 11:10

I think it's safe to say that we'd not wish to postpone a New Year's Day local derby fixture, also no reason why B'wood would agree to it anyway.

As a matter of interest, Southport and Solihull have been told that they have to play their FA Trophy match on Saturday 15th despite having FA Cup replays on Monday 17th and Tuesday 18th ( both dates moved for TV). So far as I can tell they hadn't even requested a postponement, they'd merely asked to bring the FAT match forward to Thursday or Friday but were refused. Maybe the NL are getting fed up?
becbee

Postby becbee » 06 Dec 2018, 11:10

I think it's safe to say that we'd not wish to postpone a New Year's Day local derby fixture, also no reason why B'wood would agree to it anyway.

As a matter of interest, Southport and Solihull have been told that they have to play their FA Trophy match on Saturday 15th despite having FA Cup replays on Monday 17th and Tuesday 18th ( both dates moved for TV). So far as I can tell they hadn't even requested a postponement, they'd merely asked to bring the FAT match forward to Thursday or Friday but were refused. Maybe the NL are getting fed up?
becbee

Postby jerroll » 06 Dec 2018, 11:11

becbee wrote:I think it's safe to say that we'd not wish to postpone a New Year's Day local derby fixture, also no reason why B'wood would agree to it anyway.

The trophy is governed by the FA not the NL!
jerroll

Postby #Beebot » 06 Dec 2018, 12:01

jerroll wrote:
becbee wrote:I think it's safe to say that we'd not wish to postpone a New Year's Day local derby fixture, also no reason why B'wood would agree to it anyway.

Dreadful decision, would expect 11 changes for their Trophy games then.
#Beebot

Postby jerroll » 06 Dec 2018, 12:02

#Beebot wrote:
jerroll wrote:

That's assuming both clubs have at least 22 players on their books!
jerroll

Postby #Beebot » 06 Dec 2018, 12:15

jerroll wrote:
#Beebot wrote:
jerroll wrote:

That's assuming both clubs have at least 22 players on their books!

They could just do an MA and use the under 18s!
#Beebot

Postby Nudger70 » 06 Dec 2018, 13:08

Why no tickets up for the FA Trophy game yet that’s not in doubt
Nudger70

Next

Return to General Barnet Chat