Sheffield Utd FA Cup Travel Thead

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoofer2

Re: Sheffield Utd FA Cup Travel Thead

Just sell them online for goodness sake. It's archaic
becbee

Norfolk & Chance wrote:I love the fact they told the 2 who bought tickets to keep it quiet.

''Now remember, keep it bloody quiet, we don't want people thinking we're some kind of ticket selling operation''.

Even better, within 2 minutes it was posted on onlybarnet. :-)
I get annoyed by what often seems to me to be unfair criticism of the club - but even I have to agree that this is priceless.
Jon83

1 seat left on Coach C (departing Barnet Odeon)…
cheshbee

Gromit wrote:No joy with Anne Marie in the ticket office sadly. She spoke to the Ticket manager but they said the 2 people they've already done it for were asked to keep it quiet and now they're getting too many calls :D
She did assure me that they have an allocation of 1000 tickets which they won't sell and that they will be available on the day despite SU saying they're not at the moment.
Thanks for the info!
Sorry to hear that but can assure you I was NOT told to keep it quiet otherwise I would have!!
Gromit

cheshbee wrote:
Gromit wrote:No joy with Anne Marie in the ticket office sadly. She spoke to the Ticket manager but they said the 2 people they've already done it for were asked to keep it quiet and now they're getting too many calls :D
She did assure me that they have an allocation of 1000 tickets which they won't sell and that they will be available on the day despite SU saying they're not at the moment.
Thanks for the info!
Sorry to hear that but can assure you I was NOT told to keep it quiet otherwise I would have!!
I think they just realised they'd done what they said they wouldn't and had to stop somewhere. I'm sure we'll get in. I may see if I can find a friend who's still living locally to get me some tickets and post them! See you there!
South_Belfast_Bee

Wouldn't a simple solution be to say if you're getting the coach up, you collect your ticket on the bus? It wouldn't be that hard to organise, surely!?
CrawleyBee

Everyone will get in, there will be pay on the gate. The away end holds 6k
Formerly Watfordbee
lemming3k

watfordbee wrote:Everyone will get in, there will be pay on the gate. The away end holds 6k
Let's hope common sense prevails and they sell on the day otherwise no doubt people will miss out.
DerekRocholl

lemming3k wrote:
watfordbee wrote:Everyone will get in, there will be pay on the gate. The away end holds 6k
Let's hope common sense prevails and they sell on the day otherwise no doubt people will miss out.
From the Barnet FC website about tickets for this game “Tickets will also be on sale at Bramall Lane on the day for £2 more.”
Tuesds

lemming3k wrote:
I didn’t realise there was any suggestion that they won’t be for sale on the day. Is there?
becbee

Tuesds wrote:
lemming3k wrote:
I didn’t realise there was any suggestion that they won’t be for sale on the day. Is there?
Of course not.. Botu home and away ends will be half empty..
This scaremongering is getting siilly.
John_c

Tuesds wrote:
lemming3k wrote:
There isn't but it's now a tradition whenever we have these games that someone always kicks off about tickets and we may run out*

*we won't.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
john dockers shorts

If there are more than 7,000 at the game I'd be surprised.

After the initial disappointment I'm looking forward to going to a Premier league standard ground.
lemming3k

Tuesds wrote:
lemming3k wrote:
It was suggested earlier in this thread based on alleged comments from the Sheffield United ticket office - hence watfordbees post mentioning getting in and pay on the gate in response.
I don't know where suggestions this was based on numbers came from, just seems some people have assumed the link even though it wouldn't sell out in a million years.
It would be silly not to sell tickets on the day, but hardly an impossibility when I'm sure we've all seen a lot of silly things in football.

*I have no affiliation with either the previous poster nor Sheffield United ticket office, and insinuate in no way that the previous poster was being dishonest.
pgbee

Was told today 2 coaches going from Everyman are full and only coach (D) available is from THL, went for it but less convenient as further from M25!!
Driving up from Sussex to get coach so will be a long day....Will be annoyed if coach E is from Everyman....if there is a coach E , quite a few were buying Sheffield tickets after today's game.