Poll : What does 'Building for next season' mean?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

What does 'building for next season' mean?

Exactly what it says on the tin - Still will get it right and we'll get promoted next season, we'll see improvements soon
26%
Try as many different players in as many different formations as possible until you get a winning formula
No votes
Absolutely no idea, all I know is that we're crap now
20%
We've given up on this season already and just hope Still knows what he's doing in the long term
37%
A convenient excuse for Still to keep his job for a little longer
9%
The only way to build for next season is to change managers now (again)
3%
At least we're not going to get relegated this season
6%

Total votes: 35

b4life

Poll : What does 'Building for next season' mean?

There has been a fair amount of talk on here about 'Building for next season', but what does that actually mean?
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
Norfolk & Chance

Re: Poll : What does 'Building for next season' mean?

Basically it's ground hog day (or season).
We seem to be permanently building for next season.
As for your last option...........:-) !! We could be in for a bumpy ride but I think we all know that.......
Momentum is crucial and ours is currently not the good sort.
beew

It’s Legends bar. That’s when I predict it’ll be habitable.
ricardobee

'Building for next season'?
More wedddings?, more mri's?, more keep fit? Shit service in bars and eating places continues?
Or will it mean raising the admission prices at the beginning of the season, then realising half way through the season that with diminishing home supporters these prices should be reduced?
Sound familiar? Nothing seems to change. Or will it?
dpa

Its just management speak for 'we have no idea what we are doing but just hope something clicks next season and we start to perform'.

This has been the TK approach since he took control. Both the PF promotion (the team really did click that season) and the MA promotion were unique years - the majority of the time we have been mediocre. That is where we are now but obviously TK cant actually say that...

I truly don't see the long term strategy from TK for on the field activities. When Robson was appointed (I know I know), we came out with this grand plan about playing a certain way etc. That was the first time I thought, yeah, great, that's a plan - clearly however Robson wasn't the man to put that plan in action. Also with Rossi I thought there was a long term plan.

I would just like some honesty. This current crop of players are not National League championship quality and unless there is some serious investment in the squad, next year will be the same. Yeah, there will be the odd highlight (like the FA Cup) but I just cant see that we are building for anything at the moment apart from mediocrity.

Lets hope I am wrong.
GenkiDev

Akinde was the difference last time. He made teams fear playing us.
b4life

GenkiDev wrote:Akinde was the difference last time. He made teams fear playing us.
I wonder what the opposition thinks when they see Harrison on the teamsheet? Do they laugh uncontrollably? Do they shake with fear? Do they up their game so they perform like Tony Adams and Martin Keown? Does the keeper think 'I'm on for a clean sheet today!'.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
Bee52

It means we're going to find the best players we can and then put them on the subs bench or drop them as often as possible.
pgbee

dpa wrote:Its just management speak for 'we have no idea what we are doing but just hope something clicks next season and we start to perform'.

This has been the TK approach since he took control. Both the PF promotion (the team really did click that season) and the MA promotion were unique years - the majority of the time we have been mediocre. That is where we are now but obviously TK cant actually say that...

I truly don't see the long term strategy from TK for on the field activities. When Robson was appointed (I know I know), we came out with this grand plan about playing a certain way etc. That was the first time I thought, yeah, great, that's a plan - clearly however Robson wasn't the man to put that plan in action. Also with Rossi I thought there was a long term plan.

I would just like some honesty. This current crop of players are not National League championship quality and unless there is some serious investment in the squad, next year will be the same. Yeah, there will be the odd highlight (like the FA Cup) but I just cant see that we are building for anything at the moment apart from mediocrity.

Lets hope I am wrong.
You could have mentioned 'Crewe of the South' because they've done so well. Probably better not to have mentioned them for other reasons too.
ninestein

Building for next season probably means the new south stand will suddenly appear...
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
b4life

Looks like there is STILL widespread support for him to eventually get it right, a bit like Theresa May!
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
Norfolkbee

I think TK is happy to jog along as we are providing things off the pitch are profitable. This season is dead as far as going up is concerned. As for 2019/20, I can't see any massive investment on the playing side and if things do happen to click and we are promoted, then so be it. That would undoubtedly mean more struggles thereafter.
My hope of success this season is a comfortable top-half finish and a proper crack at the FA Trophy.
becbee

Norfolkbee wrote:I think TK is happy to jog along as we are providing things off the pitch are profitable. This season is dead as far as going up is concerned. As for 2019/20, I can't see any massive investment on the playing side and if things do happen to click and we are promoted, then so be it. That would undoubtedly mean more struggles thereafter.
My hope of success this season is a comfortable top-half finish and a proper crack at the FA Trophy.
Also we have reached the 3rd round of the FA Cup, which is more than almost all the other non league clubs have managed.
MCB

When it comes to the FA Cup all you can ask is that the club try their utter hardest to get to the 3rd round, and then the rest is out of their hands. That's what's happened this year, and once again we are cursed with regards to the draw.

FA Trophy is a different matter, MA put out such a weakened team I was gutted I hadn't seen it at the time as we were league leaders, at home, and massive odds on favourites, and would have been the best game to whack £50 on the opposition. Hope that opportunity doesn't present itself again.

As for the league, i'd said previously, if we can make top 10 by January, we've got a real chance to cracking on in the 2nd half of the season. Well, we're 6 points behind top 10, but with 3 games in hand (so you'd expect 3-5 points from that on average), so not miles off.

With Akinola & Mauro, and fingers crossed a fit Tarpey we can go on a run. I've no massive worries about us defensively as I think we've a top 7 defensive base. It's just the rest.

So Half Term report for me.... better than expected cup run, about par for anticipated league position.

Expectations for rest of season: FA Cup, do well vs sheffield, deserve better, lose 1-2. FA Trophy - go out to a team we shouldn't. League? Well 75 points are normally needed for 7th. We need to up our average points per game from 1.33 to 1.88. Can we do that? Yes.
northantsbee

The previous two seasons we have been relegated from the league we have had a season on consolidation before bouncing back at the second attempt. However, the previous two occasions the consolidation season felt more positive, it felt like some building blocks were being put in place, I'm not sure that I'm getting that feeling now.

It appears JS has no idea what his best team is, and for someone that has been in management for as long as him not to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff does not bode well.
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/