Bath (Hive) The Last Train to Wembley Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Bath (Hive) The Last Train to Wembley Match Thread

So..... Saturday sees the bees enter the FA Trophy which, after a couple of really ruddy awful defeats leaves us with our last realistic chance of reaching Wembley this season.

With our progress in the FA Cup providing a rare spark of joy in an otherwise pretty dire season, further cup endeavours would provide a welcome distraction from the god awful trudge through the rest of the league season, during which hopefully we will avoid relegation trouble.

This is also the change to rest a few players and give some of the squad a run out.

Bath City is a lovely place and many, myself included, are gutted we did not draw them away. What with our season becoming something of a soap opera, there is a lot of water under the bridge, and the hope is that we can spring to our feet ready to spa with our latest opponents.

In terms of team lineup, hard to know who is fit or in favour at the moment in John Sill's team but I would like an adventurous lineup to give us some much needed excitement.

-------------------------------Matrevics---------------------------

--Adams-----------Sweeney----------Reynolds------Johnson--

-----------------J. Taylor---Robson---Fonguck-------------------

-------------------------Mason-Clarke-------------------------------

-------------------Duku--------Coulthirst--------------------------

Subs: Cousins, Jules, Akinola, Sparkes, Elito

If any of these are unavailable then play Walker (if fit), Tutonda (ditto), H. Taylor (if fit) Martyn Box, Hernandez, Azade, Steve Percy, Chris Emery, that bloke who founded friends reunited and paid to play in a charity game and if none of them are available......Byron Harrison.

Looking forward to the match and hopefully a good run in the Trophy COYB's :y:

-
BeeinBristol

Re: Bath (Hive) The Last Train to Wembley Match Thread

:D :D :D :D :D
Bee_Forever wrote:So..... Saturday sees the bees enter the FA Trophy which, after a couple of really ruddy awful defeats leaves us with our last realistic chance of reaching Wembley this season.

With our progress in the FA Cup providing a rare spark of joy in an otherwise pretty dire season, further cup endeavours would provide a welcome distraction from the god awful trudge through the rest of the league season, during which hopefully we will avoid relegation trouble.

This is also the change to rest a few players and give some of the squad a run out.

Bath City is a lovely place and many, myself included, are gutted we did not draw them away. What with our season becoming something of a soap opera, there is a lot of water under the bridge, and the hope is that we can spring to our feet ready to spa with our latest opponents.

In terms of team lineup, hard to know who is fit or in favour at the moment in John Sill's team but I would like an adventurous lineup to give us some much needed excitement.

If any of these are unavailable then play Walker (if fit), Tutonda (ditto), H. Taylor (if fit) Martyn Box, Hernandez, Azade, Steve Percy, Chris Emery, that bloke who founded friends reunited and paid to play in a charity game and if none of them are available......Byron Harrison.

-
BeeinBristol

Bee_Forever wrote:So..... Saturday sees the bees enter the FA Trophy which, after a couple of really ruddy awful defeats leaves us with our last realistic chance of reaching Wembley this season.

-
:D :D :D :D :D
letchbee94

Hehe thanks Bee_Forever

Hope Still does go for Matrevics in goal, be good to see how he does in a competitive game.
ninestein

I think this is the fixture to rest a few players who are in danger of burn-out. Maybe give Jack or Wes a rest and deploy Robson in centre midfield. Give Mason-Clark a run-out as well as Matrevics in goal. Tempting to get Martyn Box involved unless Elliot still needs minutrs to get 100% match fit. Other than that, let's play to win. This is still a prestigious competition. I hope Still takes it a bit more seriously than MA did, even if we did go on to win the league that year.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Agewills

To be fair, it's December and they are full-time professional players, so they shouldn't really be 'burning out' - not yet anyway.

But I agree, could be a chance to rest a few - but those that are not rested should be fit enough to play! We also played less league games than anyone else in the league so our players should be less burned out than others!

Will be interesting to see the line up for this one.
#Beebot

Still liked to give U18s a run out in the Trophy when he was at Luton.

However, due to the size of the squad and the number of fit players not even making the bench I can't see that happening here. I can see returns for Akinola and Harry Taylor (who I think is now fit) here.

If Harrison starts I think I'll scream. A start for Shaq would be nice.
let_it_bee

A real test of loyalty this one, given our poor form, the general state of gloom around the club, poor weather and the usual pre-Christmas excuses; not to mention the lack of promotion, even on the club's website! But I guess I'll force myself to buy a ticket and get along there. Some nostalgic (though rather hazy) memories of playing Bath back in the 70s. I'm sure one year they came to Underhill as high flyers, running away with the Southern League, prior to the days of automatic promotion of course. And I seem to remember them giving us a good spanking, being very envious of the quality of some of their players and daydreaming that one day we might aspire to a title challenge, which in those days never really looked likely.
talldarkslim

I seem to remember in the dim distant past we won 6-2 away at their place? There is no danger of tomorrow being a thriller with a sub one thousand crowd. I am going as it beats shopping.
talldarkslim

I seem to remember in the dim distant past we won 6-2 away at their place? There is no danger of tomorrow being a thriller with a sub one thousand crowd. I am going as it beats shopping.
jerroll

talldarkslim wrote:I seem to remember in the dim distant past we won 6-2 away at their place? There is no danger of tomorrow being a thriller with a sub one thousand crowd. I am going as it beats shopping.
very DIm and distant 14th January 1967!!
talldarkslim

Two years after I started following Barnet!
jerroll

talldarkslim wrote:Two years after I started following Barnet!
you get a lot less for Murder these days!!
talldarkslim

You get a wide range of emotions for your money. These days it is mainly apathy and depression.
talldarkslim

You get a wide range of emotions for your money. These days it is mainly apathy and depression.