Darren Currie, our new (temporary) boss.

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
NoMagRyan

Re: Darren Currie, our new (temporary) boss.

Really hope DC gets offered (and takes) the role on a permanent basis

Not just because I believe in him but I don't think I have the strength to go through TK bringing another muppet like Kevin Nugent
wearebees

Why the delay? Getting worried now that it won't happen!
Jon83

wearebees wrote:Why the delay? Getting worried now that it won't happen!
It's poor that we haven't heard from TK/JS since JS resigned/was sacked. An update is required regarding what is happening with the managerial situation!
X-Bumble

Jon83 wrote:
It's poor that we haven't heard from TK/JS since JS resigned/was sacked. An update is required regarding what is happening with the managerial situation!
In fairness to TK, he has been hammered last season by fans claiming he made bad choices and rushing into appointments. He's probably just needing to be sure that this is the right one. I'm not totally sure I believe that website story about other clubs looking at DC. For all we know the writer could be a mate of Darren's and wrote that to help him out! - unlikely of course, but still. I've seen such things in my many years working in magazines and newspapers.

I suspect DC and TK agreed he would get a certain amount of games to prove himself, isn't the normal time-span ten games?
Jon83

X-Bumble wrote:
Jon83 wrote:
In fairness to TK, he has been hammered last season by fans claiming he made bad choices and rushing into appointments. He's probably just needing to be sure that this is the right one. I'm not totally sure I believe that website story about other clubs looking at DC. For all we know the writer could be a mate of Darren's and wrote that to help him out! - unlikely of course, but still. I've seen such things in my many years working in magazines and newspapers.

I suspect DC and TK agreed he would get a certain amount of games to prove himself, isn't the normal time-span ten games?
Oh no... I'm not criticising TK for not having appointed anyone. Just an update as to what his plans are etc. I concur with your view on the website story!
X-Bumble

Jon83 wrote:
X-Bumble wrote:
Jon83 wrote:

Oh no... I'm not criticising TK for not having appointed anyone. Just an update as to what his plans are etc. I concur with your view on the website story!
Sorry, not meaning you were specifically, just supporters in general.
Psycho

At least the vultures will be kept away now. I still find it absurd that League One and Two clubs were interested in DC after just four matches, and apart from Sheffield United, not one of them convincing. Dagenham should have been a draw, Boreham Wood we blew it late on and we scraped past the mighty Dorchester Town.

He's not the finished article yet. He'll make mistakes but the football is so much more exciting.

Well done to TK for not jumping in immediately. He's learnt from Tony Cottee, Ian Hendon, Rossi Eames that a good start doesn't mean he's the next Pep Guardiola.

Let's hope for a reaction in the next game and a place in the fifth round of the FA Cup.
antbfc

Agree, he needs 2-3 more league games before a decision is made
ETBee

A real test for DC is how he responds to yesterday's defeat and very poor performance. It's just a shame that the next game is a big FA Cup match which is not the norm. He won't convince me until he drops Harrison.
john dockers shorts

Surely no decision needs to be made. If DC does a good job he will get the job for next season.

If in the remaining games its a load of rubbish he won't.

I think with the tools he has to use it will be up and down but hopefully yesterday was a very bad day in the office.

He will have to really excel himself to do worse than Still.
JWTBee

We need to give DC a proper chance in the Summer when he can clear out the dross & buy his own style of players.Getting rid of Harrison being the first priority & acquiring a good goalkeeper being the second! And maybe a goal scoring midfielder & a good winger.Also we need to look at replacing both full backs.
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
beew

JWTBee wrote:We need to give DC a proper chance in the Summer when he can clear out the dross & buy his own style of players.Getting rid of Harrison being the first priority & acquiring a good goalkeeper being the second! And maybe a goal scoring midfielder & a good winger.Also we need to look at replacing both full backs.
You can only get rid of contracted players, if there’s someone ready to take on the contracts. The club really needs to look at the way they’ve operated over the last 4 years. We sign too many players on 2 year deals when we could instead keep our squad down to 16 contracted players and then sign a few players on 3 month loans to increase the quality of the squad. Why we have so many players on our books is a mystery but someone has told TK this is the way to go. It doesn’t s work at this level and never will.
PBBee

Tbf over the years I remember being annoyed some players were on such short contracts meaning we got nothing when they left.
becbee

PBBee wrote:Tbf over the years I remember being annoyed some players were on such short contracts meaning we got nothing when they left.
Which is fair enough, except that we're not going to get anything for most ( if any?) of our players currently on 2 year contracts either.
#Beebot

PBBee wrote:Tbf over the years I remember being annoyed some players were on such short contracts meaning we got nothing when they left.
I can understand two year deals for younger players but there really is no need to give them to players over 25 like Sparkes, Boucaud and Elito, and in previous years the likes of Batt, Hoyte, JLAA. If they try holding us to ransom then just make loan signings, especially in the NL where there's no loan window.