Darren Currie, our new (temporary) boss.

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
#Beebot

Re: Darren Currie, our new (temporary) boss.

I can't see MA coming back. His stock is lower than ever and he's only come back before in emergencies.

Currie deserves a couple of months to show what he can do before we make a decision. Giving him the permanent job now is premature.
hoofer2

I wouldn't be surprised if MA rocks up at Notts County
Eternibee

gowerfan wrote:Good luck Darren. I worry he is too "nice" to be a successful coach. We want an absolute bastard like Luke Garrod who can make silk purses etc. He is a real bully boy who gets results. It is what is is so I wish Darren every success. Certainly prefer him to Still.

now I am confused. can make "silk purses"! this seems irrelevant to me. Everyone has different hobbies. all that matters is that the players really play well and we start winning

COYB
ninestein

A lot of people were touting Garrard on here last year. However, the bully boy approach isn't for us in my opinion. That won't entertain the fans. Besides, if all it can achieve is the mid table position Bwood currently occupy around us, I'd rather not.

Darren deserves a chance. He has more experience as a player than Eames. He has contacts within the game. He has a friend and mentor in Still to guide him. I say we give him a fair crack over the coming month and see what he's made of. Success in the league is only an outside chance at best this term, but I'd say that any sort of top half finish is reasonable given the upheaval of the last 2 years. He does have a free hit in all cup competitions. Can he build some sort of rapport between players and fans? Can the side get an identity which will serve us well next season? If the answers are yes, then give him the job longer term.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
GenkiDev

Nothing against DC, but if MA is available TK wouldbe a fool not to employ him, again.

Good things happen at Barnet when MA is in charge. Even when things were going badly under him, we were league 2, and hardly the laughing stock of the league.

How many other managers have failed miserably at our club?

Sometimes in life, things are meant to be. I believe MA andBarnet to be one of those instances.

Please come back Martin, prove your worth here again.
pgbee

GenkiDev wrote:Nothing against DC, but if MA is available TK wouldbe a fool not to employ him, again.

Good things happen at Barnet when MA is in charge. Even when things were going badly under him, we were league 2, and hardly the laughing stock of the league.

Sometimes in life, things are meant to be. I believe MA andBarnet to be one of those instances.

Absolutely not! We cannot be his safety net every time he chases the £.
amberforever

pgbee wrote:
GenkiDev wrote:Nothing against DC, but if MA is available TK wouldbe a fool not to employ him, again.

. Absolutely this . Someone like this couldn’t be depended on. That Chesterfield kick in the private’s after last seasons relegation scrap was painful.
hoofer2

amberforever wrote:
pgbee wrote:

. Absolutely this . Someone like this couldn’t be depended on. That Chesterfield kick in the private’s after last seasons relegation scrap was painful.
I am not a big MA fan, but in his defense he was always open about only managing the Bees until the end of the season on this occasion. For once he kept his word. I think he was evasive when asked if he will stay on as did not want to distract from survival battle.
Last edited by hoofer2 on 02 Jan 2019, 14:39, edited 1 time in total.
dawat

There are qualities I admire about MA, but club loyalty certainly isn't one of them I'm afraid. While I like most other fans am disappointed that we are not higher up the league than we are, I would not welcome MA back at this time just as Darren is given his opportunity. Be very careful what you wish for is a motto I place a lot of store in. We could get MA back and have it followed by a slide down the table towards the relegation zone as per Chesterfield. If that did happen, what would most fans say then? Currently the club isn't firing on all cylinders that's for sure, but it certainly isn't broke so don't fix it!
barnet34

dawat wrote:

There are qualities I admire about MA, but club loyalty certainly isn't one of them I'm afraid. While I like most other fans am disappointed that we are not higher up the league than we are, I would not welcome MA back at this time just as Darren is given his opportunity. Be very careful what you wish for is a motto I place a lot of store in. We could get MA back and have it followed by a slide down the table towards the relegation zone as per Chesterfield. If that did happen, what would most fans say then? Currently the club isn't firing on all cylinders that's for sure, but it certainly isn't broke so don't fix it!
Sure things do happen when he's around, however having watched us under DC so far playing some proper football,win or lose it's so much better than the hoofball and park the bus tactics we had to endure under him.
ccollis_869

barnet34 wrote:
dawat wrote:

Sure things do happen when he's around, however having watched us under DC so far playing some proper football,win or lose it's so much better than the hoofball and park the bus tactics we had to endure under him.
An interesting read from MA's regular Daily Mail column. I for one hope we try something different and stick with DC.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... stops.html
djhdjh

This is a great opportunity in the next few months, with little prospect of relegation or promotion, to see if Currie is up to the job (signs are good in the limited time he's had) and then for him to work out what he needs to do ahead of next season if it is him.

Give him the job until the end of the season now and re-evaluate from there.
BEE428

I would stick with Darren Currie, see how it pans out
Prediction League Champion 2012/13 & 2013/14
barnet34

djhdjh wrote:This is a great opportunity in the next few months, with little prospect of relegation or promotion, to see if Currie is up to the job (signs are good in the limited time he's had) and then for him to work out what he needs to do ahead of next season if it is him.

Give him the job until the end of the season now and re-evaluate from there.
I'm guessing thats exactly what TK has in mind, it just gives him that get out clause should we need Martin Allen (joke)
hoppy

There are rumours circulating that MA is returning to Barnet.
If there is no substance in these rumours then TK should dispel them forthwith.
It must be very unsettling to the players and staff of Barnet FC. Should MA return their jobs may be at risk.
It seems that the vast majority of Bees fans want DC to get the permanent appointment and, at the very least, he deserves some more games in charge to prove to everyone that he is the right man.
So, TK, please say something regarding DC's future as Barnet boss, even if it is just to confirm he remains the temporary boss until the end of the season.