Darren Currie, our new (temporary) boss.

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
john dockers shorts

Re: Darren Currie, our new (temporary) boss.

I hope he is given the job until the end of the season.

Lets not lose sight that this is a crap squad so I think he needs a lot of luck.
John Hunt

barnetpete wrote:
jerroll wrote: just give him the job full time or get someone else in! having seen how things deteriorated under Eames/Newman & McGhee players can hide behind the fact that the person telling them what to do isn't their full time boss.

Agree on this. Make it permanent, and drop the 'coach' crap and make him 'Manager'.
Agree entirely with my learned friends here
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
StephenM

hendon4bee wrote:
barnetpete wrote:
jerroll wrote: just give him the job full time or get someone else in! having seen how things deteriorated under Eames/Newman & McGhee players can hide behind the fact that the person telling them what to do isn't their full time boss.

Agree on this. Make it permanent, and drop the 'coach' crap and make him 'Manager'.
He's the 1st team coach, his responsibility will be training the team and selecting the side. The traditional "manager" role wouldn't be relevant as Still is in this football director type role.

It's all pretty irrelevant really, it's just a job title. Coach or manager, Currie is picking the team.
Edd1

john dockers shorts wrote:I hope he is given the job until the end of the season.

Lets not lose sight that this is a crap squad so I think he needs a lot of luck.
I'd disagree.

It's a squad with some crap players in it (Harrison is the stand out) but also one with some very good players (Tutonda, J Taylor, Vilhete) some of who are not playing at their best.

I don't think it's a squad that's anywhere near the standard to win this division, but to dismiss it as crap is, I think, harsh.
beew

StephenM wrote:
hendon4bee wrote:
barnetpete wrote:

He's the 1st team coach, his responsibility will be training the team and selecting the side. The traditional "manager" role wouldn't be relevant as Still is in this football director type role.

It's all pretty irrelevant really, it's just a job title. Coach or manager, Currie is picking the team.
He’ll be picking the team but who will be in control of getting rid of our under performing players and bringing in new ones? There’s a massive conflict of interests here. We’re in total free fall for a reason and I fail to see how this move changes anything apart from the name of our manager.
BarmyBee210

john dockers shorts wrote:I hope he is given the job until the end of the season.

Crap squad? It's the best we've had in about five years. Have a word. Troll!

Signed,

Your honourable assistant,

Twoten.
BarmyBee210

hoppy wrote:Good luck, Darren.
He's no manager! He's Stilly's puppet. All that will happen now is Still will still be in charge, just unofficially. He'll dictate everything. Of course our stupid fans will be delighted because the man put in some good crosses for us donkeys years back.

You fancy it? Give it a shot son,

Signed,

TWOTEN
LeicesterBee

An afternoon of retail therapy at Bicester Shopping Village without checking social media and it all kicks off.

Surprised Stephen Constantine’s name hasn’t cropped up in conversation yet
PaulGoldie

I think we need to be prepared for a completely different style of football under DC compared to what we saw under JS and maybe it’s the change the crap (not my word) squad needs as the shackles may just be removed and they will enjoy playing with flare and freedom. DC is passionate about the club and needs our full support before, during and after games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
barnetjohn

This is a very good point. Caretaker / interim managers only work for short and well defined periods. An indefinite caretaker or giving someone half a season is a recipe for the problems. Especially in a situation like ours where there isn't much to play for league wise and we are slipping down the table
simples169

all set up for a return of MA
beew

simples169 wrote:all set up for a return of MA
I can’t see MA working under Still. He’d want full charge.
pgbee

beew wrote:
simples169 wrote:all set up for a return of MA
I can’t see MA working under Still. He’d want full charge.
Not that I want it to happen but didn't MA used to ring JS for advice from time to time...
hoppy

For goodness sake let's knock this MA thing on the head right now.
So MA is available, SO WHAT!!
His record at Chesterfield was woeful. His recruitment for them (and, indeed us) was not good.
MA is a great short-term motivator. What he is not is a long-term investment. He will always go where the big money is and we are not able to match the Chesterfields and Eastleighs of this world. So, if MA was to return it would be yet again a short-term fix.
Meantime we have Darren Currie in temporary charge.
This is Darren's first spell of being in charge of a biggish non-League club. His experience as a player is extensive, he has played at many clubs under many different managers. In recent years he has assisted, arguably, the most experienced non-League manager at both Dagenham and Barnet.
Darren Currie was a Barnet legend as a player. He was adored by the fans and his return to the club in a coaching capacity was widely welcomed by the fans. Whilst he is learning the ropes as a full-blown manager he even has that self-same experienced non-League manager to help him and guide him. How lucky is Darren? And how lucky are we?
WE DONT NEED MA.
Let's all get behind Darren as he begins this new journey with the club that he loves.
And TK, be brave, give Darren the job permanately and let MA find another job elsewhere.