Hampton (THL) The court at silly Middlesex on thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
#Beebot

Re: Hampton (THL) The court at silly Middlesex on thread

Matrevics looks very good and just made a cracking save to stop a 25 yarder going into the top corner.
ninestein

Jude Stirling was stretchered off during training and still played at Burton...
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
PBBee

Saying all this - Akinola didn’t play a minute against Sheff Utd & most likely wouldn’t be starting next week after EMC’s previous games.

Also going to most likely miss his return to Braintree.
Bee_Forever

Akinola walked around the front of the East terrace and seemed to be moving freely so hopefully not too bad.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
ninestein

Still in every competition entered this season
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
LoudmouthBFC

Far too many players playing for themselves in today's game for me. Far too many being an individual, trying to stand out to brake back/or into the first team. Rather than playing as a team.
#Beebot

First half decent, second half poor.

Positives were young Jack Tompkins, who was excellent at DM, and Matrevics who made a couple of top notch saves. Also thought Walker, Sparkes and Bettamer were all decent. Vasiliou looked class when he came on.

Negatives were Tutonda who looked clumsy at CB, Box who struggled at LCB, and Harrison who did nothing to show that he should be on the bench over Bettamer and Walker.
Nudger70

Thought Jack Tompkins played well other than when we had the 4 on 2 and he held on 2 long and passed it back to the keeper. Matrevics made some great saves distribution needs improving. Jack Barham was a bit too keen to make an impression. Harrison as frustrating as he’s been all season.
djhdjh

#Beebot wrote:First half decent, second half poor.

Positives were young Jack Tompkins, who was excellent at DM, and Matrevics who made a couple of top notch saves. Also thought Walker, Sparkes and Bettamer were all decent. Vasiliou looked class when he came on.

Negatives were Tutonda who looked clumsy at CB, Box who struggled at LCB, and Harrison who did nothing to show that he should be on the bench over Bettamer and Walker.
I wasn't there but in fairness to both Tutonda and Box they were out of position (I know Tutonda has played on the edge of a 3 but that's different to being in the middle of a 3 as I understand he was). Does this suggest that Pascal looked OK playing in a back 3? He always looks like a good prospect when I see him and is still very young.
#Beebot

djhdjh wrote:

I wasn't there but in fairness to both Tutonda and Box they were out of position (I know Tutonda has played on the edge of a 3 but that's different to being in the middle of a 3 as I understand he was). Does this suggest that Pascal looked OK playing in a back 3? He always looks like a good prospect when I see him and is still very young.
I thought Pascal was probably the strongest of the 3 although still not that convincing.
djhdjh

Fair enough, always good to hear from those who were there. Good for the youngsters to try something new for their development I suppose.
rudebwoyben

#Beebot wrote:
djhdjh wrote:

I thought Pascal was probably the strongest of the 3 although still not that convincing.
Probably still scarred from McGhee needlessly throwing him in at the deep end against Grimsby last season.
X-Bumble

#Beebot wrote:2-0

Great cross by Bettamer met by Sparkes on the volley. Keeper parries it, Walker holds off the defender and tucks in the rebound
The official site says that Josh Walker scored the goal in the first paragraph but then gets it right lower down.

https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2019/janu ... enior-cup/
#Beebot

X-Bumble wrote:
#Beebot wrote:2-0

Great cross by Bettamer met by Sparkes on the volley. Keeper parries it, Walker holds off the defender and tucks in the rebound
The official site says that Josh Walker scored the goal in the first paragraph but then gets it right lower down.

https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2019/janu ... enior-cup/
It was definitely Walker who scored.

An oddly contradictary couple of paragraphs here. I thought Matrevics was excellent.

"Hampton & Richmond offered very little to bother Rihards Matrevics, their main threat was from set pieces however they couldn’t muster a meaningful attempt on target.

The Latvian goalkeeper did make several fine saves as the game came to a close, including one from a Zak Joseph effort to keep his clean sheet."
Bee_Forever

Matrevics was my motm. Bit shaky in the first half but pulled out some top drawer saves to preserve our lead.

Barham was wildly out of position so won't criticise him but I saw little from the rest of the team to suggest they will be pressuring the first team for their places aside from Sim and, in patches, walker.

Harrison was absolutely dreadful.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk