Electrical problems?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Edd1

Electrical problems?

Does anyone know what the issue was with all the problems at the hive last night?

No lighting on the path to Cannon's Park, which could have been bloody dangerous to be honest
The score board problems
Most importantly the failure of the ticket scanners on the West and South turnstiles.

Were these all related? What the hell was going on?

People were still coming in 20 minutes after kick off. Surely kick off should have been delayed? I know it was on TV but that really wasn't good enough.
Nudger70

Re: Electrical problems?

Entrance to the west and south stand got dangerous as kick off approached only when the steward opened the gate ten minutes into the game things improved . There was obviously a problem with turnstiles should have been an earlier solution. As for the lights on footpath not the first time it’s not been lit up after a game.
Sam_BFC

I don't think the ticket scanners 'failed' as such (at the West Stand entrance at least) - they're just inherently unreliable / difficult to operate. Loads of people ahead of me, all carrying paper print outs and many probably not regulars, couldn't get it to work and claimed it was broken. I had the barcode on my phone, walked ahead of a couple of people and thanks to my experience of the system's...quirks, got beeped in straight away.
rudebwoyben

The lights on the path from Whitchurch Lane to the ground weren't working before the match (I go down to Queensbury station after the match). I did have an issue in that the barcode didn't appear in my ticket email so I had to get a paper copy from the ticket office. Thankfully, I had arrived at the Hive at 6:30 so I had plenty of time.
I was wondering why there were still a lot of people entering the ground 15 minutes into the match.
beew

The lights on that footpath haven’t worked for over a year.
hoofer2

Clearly the Sparkes were required elsewhere :)
GenkiDev

hoofer2 wrote:Clearly the Sparkes were required elsewhere :)

Ok Robbie :laugh:
Bee_Forever

Residents issues mean the lights have to be at knuckledragger level so every time we get rowdy away they get broken. Eventually the club gave up.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
beew

Bee_Forever wrote:Residents issues mean the lights have to be at knuckledragger level so every time we get rowdy away they get broken. Eventually the club gave up.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I can understand the clubs frustration, but it’s a major H&S issue which needs addressing. The posts could simply be removed and replaced with sunken lights at ground level to illuminate the pathway back to the station. Would cost about £15k but that might be chicken feed if there was an accident and subsequent fine from the HSE. You need a torch to safely navigate the path to and from the ground to Canons Park Station when darkness falls.
simples169

if its a public right of way then surely its the councils responsibility or at least club and council can share the cost ?