Brentford (Away) The Tickety Boo Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Brentford (Away) The Tickety Boo Match Thread

So..... Tomorrow sees the bees return to cup action against the fake bees.

Due to Brentford's amateur set up and our inability to operate a priority ticketing system the build up to this replay has been tainted by acrimony between us and the red and white bees (nope me neither).

Ollie Watkins is one lucky boy. First to escape punishment from the weak FA for his treacherous dive at the Hive and secondly that his douchebaggery has been overshadowed by the battle of the Bees over who has the most laughable approach to ticketing (the fake bees are winning this one....but only just).

With wet weather for much of today there must be a risk of the game being in doubt especially if Brentford's pitch maintenance is as shoddy as the rest of their operation.

In terms of the actual match, it is a crying shame for Charlee Adams that he has missed both games the first due to the premier league friendly FA booking system the second a nasty back injury. In his absence I think we will see the same heroic lineup that were a credit to themselves and the club a week ago. So:-

-------------------------Huffer--------------------------

--Alexander----Sweeney----Johnson----Tutonda---

------------------Fonguck------Robson------------------

--Mason-Clarke--------J. Taylor--------Elito----------

-------------------------Coulthirst------------------------

Subs: Matrevics, Payne, Boucard, Akinola, Sparkes, Bettamer, Harrison

Doing this one by tube to South Ealing. Hoping for another great night for the Bees.

Lets do this! COYB's :ohlord:
rudebwoyben

Re: Brentford (Away) The Tickety Boo Match Thread

Cousins would be eligible for this match, wouldn't he?
I don't really have a preference for either him or Huffer but I just wanted to point this out.
Surely you're just jesting about there being a risk of the game being called off? The weather is nothing out of the ordinary and it's going to be milder and dry tomorrow.
MCB

Similarly would be surprised if we do not see an unchanged side. Although I do think DC is a big Boucard fan, and if he deems him fit, he might start with Robson dropping back into CB, Johnson reverting to LB and Tutonda dropping out.

DC said he hopes Akinola will be fit. I'm uncertain about Cousins vs Huffer, but do not share many peoples fear about Cousins.

I know we won't concern ourself with what team Brentford put out, but I wonder if they'll have compulsion to put out a weakened team. We obviously have no choice but to play a patchwork team again.
hoofer2

MCB wrote:Similarly would be surprised if we do not see an unchanged side. Although I do think DC is a big Boucard fan, and if he deems him fit, he might start with Robson dropping back into CB, Johnson reverting to LB and Tutonda dropping out.

DC said he hopes Akinola will be fit. I'm uncertain about Cousins vs Huffer, but do not share many peoples fear about Cousins.

I know we won't concern ourself with what team Brentford put out, but I wonder if they'll have compulsion to put out a weakened team. We obviously have no choice but to play a patchwork team again.
Think TK has given them extra dressing room motivation. See nothing to suggest amateur ticket setup at Brentford just Barnet FC caught napping.

Let's hope their attack have an off day. Blackburn were leading 2-0. I expect when Barnet were 2 nil up on Sat, players minds drifted to the replay which is understandable if frustrating.
jerroll

I suspect Huffer will have to play as we would have given Leeds some kind of guarantee that he will play as many games as possible.
Norfolk & Chance

No news yet on it being shown at the hive.
I really hope it happens.
Surely there must be an announcement today.
Edd1

Boradly I prefer Johnson at left back to Tutonda, being the more orthodox defender compared to Tutonda's more wing back qualities. However Brentford's attack did look very pacey in the first game and with that in mind I'd stick with Tutonda's extra pace in defence and keep him at left back.
john dockers shorts

Would be good to have Akinola back... Need that flair and unpredictability
jerroll

MCB wrote:Similarly would be surprised if we do not see an unchanged side. Although I do think DC is a big Boucard fan, and if he deems him fit, he might start with Robson dropping back into CB, Johnson reverting to LB and Tutonda dropping out.

can't play unchanged team from Saturday as Charles is ineligible.
hoppy

We have a different referee to the first game, Roger East now the man in the middle.
jerroll

hoppy wrote:We have a different referee to the first game, Roger East now the man in the middle.
That doesn't fill me with confidence!!
hoppy

jerroll wrote:
hoppy wrote:We have a different referee to the first game, Roger East now the man in the middle.
23 consecutive games since he last showed a red card.
You just know, don't you?
Who's your money on? Sweeney? Shaq (for diving, that would be ironic)? Tutonda (for a no-contact foul)?
MCB

No new injury worries according to DC.
jerroll

hoppy wrote:
jerroll wrote:
Who's your money on? Sweeney? Shaq (for diving, that would be ironic)? Tutonda (for a no-contact foul)?
When ever I've seen him he's has always been dreadful!!
DerekRocholl

hoppy wrote:
jerroll wrote:
My money is on Ollie Watkins, but it will probably be outweighed by a much heavier amount of cash coming back the other way.