Relegation Battle?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Jon83

Relegation Battle?

Are we involved in one? Yes or No?

I’d simply say..... Yes.
Norfolk & Chance

Re: Relegation Battle?

2 points off relegation place in February, I think we are too.
I'm confident we won't go down but it's getting a little tiresome.
LoudmouthBFC

Jon83 wrote:Are we involved in one? Yes or No?

I’d simply say..... Yes.
Attachments
giphy.gif
giphy.gif (1.81 MiB) Viewed 4720 times
northantsbee

At first glance yes, but I would hope we'd pick up enough points from our games in hand to end up in mid table obscurity
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/
Stuart

Categorically not! But nor are we on the way to great things. Too much doom and gloom and too much premature eulogising in recent weeks.

Remember how we have performed against part-time teams: Braintree, Dorchester, Carshalton, Sutton.

Great atmosphere against Brentford, but lets be realistic, we could have lost that game by three or four.
jdmckbee

Yes
We're the West Bank Underhill......
Norfolk & Chance

Stuart wrote:Categorically not! But nor are we on the way to great things. Too much doom and gloom and too much premature eulogising in recent weeks.

Remember how we have performed against part-time teams: Braintree, Dorchester, Carshalton, Sutton.

Great atmosphere against Brentford, but lets be realistic, we could have lost that game by three or four.
2 points off relegation places, by definition we are in a battle. Saying we are categorically not in a relegation scrap and then citing our performances against Braintree, Dorchester, Carshalton, Sutton is confusing.
moortownbee

4 points out of a possible 15 in our last 5 league games, we're being sucked in to a relegation battle.
let_it_bee

The table speaks for itself. Games in hand count for nothing unless turned into points. And we will be in trouble unless we find a way to compete against physical, hard-pressing teams like Sutton and Borehamwood, who don't give us time and space to play the way we would like to play.
jerroll

i'm slightly worried and hope we can put a run of 3 wins together to put this to bed.No disrespect to the lad from Watford he isn't what we need, a couple of battle hardened leaders are required either permanently or on loan plus a senior keeper to either replace or put Cousins under pressure for his shirt - young Rihards can then go on loan somewhere to get some playing experience.
pokal02

Next 2 games Sutton & Solihull away followed by a likely p/p of the Maidstone trip ... we'll almost certainly be in the bottom 4 by the first week of March. I'd call that a relegation battle.
letchbee94

Not to worried as 1 I thnk DC will sort the team out and will get us some wins quick and 2 even if it does not work out then Martin Allen is always available to get us out of it :P

All jokes aside the players have shown they are good enough to produce as the wins to move away from the bottom 4, though it was easy for them to turn it on against teams Like Sheffield and Brentford, it now for DC and his coaching team to get that same mentality against teams like Solihull and Aldershot etc.
beew

My worry is the players are up for the big games where they know the cameras are showcasing their talents but not when we play in the league. Seems to me that some don’t want to be here and are just playing out time on their contracts.
BEEGONE

jerroll wrote:i'm slightly worried and hope we can put a run of 3 wins together to put this to bed.No disrespect to the lad from Watford he isn't what we need, a couple of battle hardened leaders are required either permanently or on loan plus a senior keeper to either replace or put Cousins under pressure for his shirt - young Rihards can then go on loan somewhere to get some playing experience.
We haven’t put a run together of wins since August!
jerroll

BEEGONE wrote:
jerroll wrote:i'm slightly worried and hope we can put a run of 3 wins together to put this to bed.No disrespect to the lad from Watford he isn't what we need, a couple of battle hardened leaders are required either permanently or on loan plus a senior keeper to either replace or put Cousins under pressure for his shirt - young Rihards can then go on loan somewhere to get some playing experience.
We haven’t put a run together of wins since August!
September!