Bettamer Fitness.

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BigBee

Bettamer Fitness.

There has been a rumour that Bettamer is struggling
to get fit, despite the best efforts of the fitness team.

To me, he looked a bit heavy when he came on last night, he
also seemed to be blowing hard after 5 minutes.

Could be the reason he doesn’t make the squad too often.
rudebwoyben

Re: Bettamer Fitness.

This is his first season as a full-time player I take it? Moreover, he didn't have a proper pre-season as a full-time player either. This is probably why.
moortownbee

rudebwoyben wrote:This is his first season as a full-time player I take it? Moreover, he didn't have a proper pre-season as a full-time player either. This is probably why.

I think if you're blowing through you're arse after 5 minutes against a semi pro team and you're carrying a bit of extra timber on a Tuesday night in February it isn't because it's you're first season as a full time pro.
moortownbee

rudebwoyben wrote:This is his first season as a full-time player I take it? Moreover, he didn't have a proper pre-season as a full-time player either. This is probably why.

I think if you're blowing through you're arse after 5 minutes against a semi pro team and you're carrying a bit of extra timber on a Tuesday night in February it isn't because it's you're first season as a full time pro.
talldarkslim

I thought he had lost a bit of timber when I saw him last night. He needs to work on his first touch as two passes got away from him. There is a player in there but Tarpey is a better option for the future.
#Beebot

He looked sloppy yesterday but absolutely fine in the county cup a few weeks ago.

Currie is generally rational and I can't see why Byron keeps getting the nod unless something funny is going on in training as the OP alludes to.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk
footballman

It is surprising that after such a brilliant team performance by Barnet last night, instead of being positive and congratulating all the team for the win, some have decided to target an individual player (in a disrespectful and angry manner) who is slowly working towards match fitness due to lack of match experience. Just a bit dubious... Must say that I did not notice any detriment to the team performance after Bettamer came on last night and the heavy breathing you may have noticed is probably due to match anxiety rather than lack of fitness. The adrenalin rush can cause this (could even be voluntary) and soon goes away when the player settles into the game. As some here have said Bettamer has performed better in other matches, plus he has scored 29 goals while at Staines Town, so he knows how to score goals! Which is why Darren Currie brought him on when we were missing some chances to increase our lead. Surely the coaches would have assessed his fitness before making him available for the match.
The more match time he gets the better he will get.
becbee

"Such a brilliant team performance"? We beat a the club 14th in the Bostic League Premier 2-1 at home. We did what we needed to do, I'm not cricitising the performance - but it was far from being "brilliant".

And as for Bettamer suffering from match anxiety last night - I'd say that if that were true then he's in the wrong profession!
footballman

Well if you want to look at it that way, Sheffield United could say the same sort of thing about us after we beat them in the FA cup! it's not just as simple as which league the team is in.
BigBee

I wasn’t trying to belittle Mo Bettamer,
rather trying to offer an explanation of
why he doesn’t get picked.

Other people are often questioning why he
doesn’t get picked.