Gateshead (a) The Haddaway Ya Doylem! Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Mem Beespod

Gateshead (a) The Haddaway Ya Doylem! Match Thread

Noticing all the posts saying that Currie’s not giving the players a rocket. Most players zone out to shouty managers. I know I did as a player.

When teams have been successful, there is usually a strong dressing room with several leaders getting everybody into shape. Who do we have in that dressing room capable of that?

Going down to 10 and getting a result is about guts and leadership which we barely have any.

I don’t believe you can give a person such terrible tools to work with and expect them to work miracles so I desperately hope Currie can keep us up then back him in the summer to give him the tools he needs.
Beespod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod
Reckless

Re: Gateshead (a) The Haddaway Ya Doylem! Match Thread

Mr Smart wrote:Noticing all the posts saying that Currie’s not giving the players a rocket. Most players zone out to shouty managers. I know I did as a player.

When teams have been successful, there is usually a strong dressing room with several leaders getting everybody into shape. Who do we have in that dressing room capable of that?

Going down to 10 and getting a result is about guts and leadership which we barely have any.

I don’t believe you can give a person such terrible tools to work with and expect them to work miracles so I desperately hope Currie can keep us up then back him in the summer to give him the tools he needs.
At last, someone I can agree with. Darren is not the problem here. "Loosing the Dressing Room" - is the latest overused keyboard warrior cliche. It takes two to tango. And before anyone mentions Manchester Utd and Jose as an example of a turn around in performance with a new manager they are world class players - I repeat Currie has not caused this we are 19th because the squad is not good enough, sorry.
Over 50 years of watching Barnet and I've missed more games this season than I ever have. 3 home games in a row now to help make the season safe - will the players respond, they need to now?
Consider some of the possible games next year- Dartford (Jesus no) , Billericay (can't wait), St Albans (lovely), Chemlsford (I remember them), Oxford City (nice pubs), Hemel Hempstead (Ill be home in 15 minutes), Dulwich (be great to catch up with Herbie Smith), Eastbourne (Nice seaside day out in the Spring), Slough (bring pegs for your noses), Truro (weekender). Marvellous.
Going to help Mrs Reckless put the roast beef joint on and peel some potatoes, then make some Yorkshire pudding batter.
Norfolk & Chance

Chelmsford really were an unfriendly bunch.
pgbee

Mr Smart wrote:Noticing all the posts saying that Currie’s not giving the players a rocket. Most players zone out to shouty managers. I know I did as a player.

He has basically said he needs the tools now! But he's implying TK is not going to back him in that area so the blame if we go down, for me, lies with the players (with lack of professionalism, discipline etc) and the Chairman. Back to back relegations with our facilities, supposed income streams and cup run(s) would be totally unacceptable.
becbee

Blaming the Chairman hardly washes. He brought in John Still - my recollection is that we all thought that to be a safe, if boring choice. We expected consolidation at least from him.
TK gave JS the funds to sign a new team. JS has never been a manager to sign expensive ex-league players, he has always signed non league players he knows about, that it what he did last summer and TK provided him with the funds to do so.

DC worked with JS for some time, he knew the players in advance of becoming manager. One assumes that his relationship with them was good or else why would he have been given the job?

Loan signings are good to cover certain positions, eg if both the left backs get injured, sign a left back on loan. Or a good midfield which loses 1 of its 3 players, sign a midfielder to plug the gap. The loan market doesn't work when you decide in March that the whole team isn't working, you can't play 11 loanees! And as I said before, Ashley Charles hasn't made any difference, who's to say we'd benefit from panic loan signings anyway.

Tomorrow morning DC needs to just get the players together, have a no holes barred chat, invite those who'd rather speak to him privately to do so. Remind them that they hardly want a relegation on their C.V. Get to the heart of the problem.

I wouldn't sack DC but it's clear that he needs support. I don't really want to see MA back but I'd prefer him to make another short term return with DC staying in the background until the end of the season than relegation.
barnetjohn

becbee wrote: TK gave JS the funds to sign a new team. JS has never been a manager to sign expensive ex-league players, he has always signed non league players he knows about, that it what he did last summer and TK provided him with the funds to do so.
Indeed. But JS did sign expensive *non*-league players. With about the fourth biggest budget in the conference he assembled a squad which is well below fourth best. Our poor decisions in recruitment over the summer have cost us dearly this season.
barnetjohn

becbee wrote:Blaming the Chairman hardly washes. He brought in John Still - my recollection is that we all thought that to be a safe, if boring choice. We expected consolidation at least from him.
TK gave JS the funds to sign a new team. JS has never been a manager to sign expensive ex-league players, he has always signed non league players he knows about, that it what he did last summer and TK provided him with the funds to do so.

DC worked with JS for some time, he knew the players in advance of becoming manager. One assumes that his relationship with them was good or else why would he have been given the job?

Loan signings are good to cover certain positions, eg if both the left backs get injured, sign a left back on loan. Or a good midfield which loses 1 of its 3 players, sign a midfielder to plug the gap. The loan market doesn't work when you decide in March that the whole team isn't working, you can't play 11 loanees! And as I said before, Ashley Charles hasn't made any difference, who's to say we'd benefit from panic loan signings anyway.

Tomorrow morning DC needs to just get the players together, have a no holes barred chat, invite those who'd rather speak to him privately to do so. Remind them that they hardly want a relegation on their C.V. Get to the heart of the problem.

I wouldn't sack DC but it's clear that he needs support. I don't really want to see MA back but I'd prefer him to make another short term return with DC staying in the background until the end of the season than relegation.
amberforever

Yes I agree, John Still seemed a stable and safe proven option, and I was fully in support. I just can’t get my head around how poor his signings have proven. Let’s hope it doesn’t cost us safety in this league. I am still in favour of DC building his own team for next season.
alexbach

Betrayal, dismissals, what a happy jolly team Barnet isImageat least one person is smilingImage

Sent from my 5033X using Tapatalk
Bee_Forever

Some say that your posts are esoteric, impenetrable and bear little relation to the matter at hand.

And then you post a picture of a former barnet supporter from 5 years ago on the Gateshead match Thread and all is forgiven.

Never change Alex.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Reckless

alexbach wrote:Betrayal, dismissals, what a happy jolly team Barnet isImageat least one person is smilingImage

Please don't mention it in your e programme notes.
I am sure you want people to keep reading them.
letchbee94

The 10 players certainly responded in a positive way after Tuesday night in the first half, looked more attacking after 15 mins then in 90 mins at Halifax.
EMC did well with his goal especially after missing a golden chance with a header moments earlier.

Stupid sending off from Shaq and then conceding so early after HT made the second half an up hill battle.

Shaq for me has ruined his FA cup heriotics from earlier in the season.

Darren has asked for us to stick with him and the players, I think most of us are behind Darren, want him to be a success with us.
antbfc

alexbach wrote:Betrayal, dismissals, what a happy jolly team Barnet isImageat least one person is smilingImage

what is that?! :?:
alexbach

Bee_Forever wrote:Some say that your posts are esoteric, impenetrable and bear little relation to the matter at hand.

And then you post a picture of a former barnet supporter from 5 years ago on the Gateshead match Thread and all is forgiven.

Never change Alex.

He is a former Gateshead fan... many flags of convenience

DerekRocholl

alexbach wrote:
Bee_Forever wrote:Some say that your posts are esoteric, impenetrable and bear little relation to the matter at hand.

Never change Alex.

He is a former Gateshead fan... many flags of convenience

Think it is fair to say Tom Salinger is a former Barnet supporter too.