Harrogate (Hive) The Spa's Crowd Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
becbee

Re: Harrogate (Hive) The Spa's Crowd Match Thread

We have 120 posts on our match thread, although accepted many don't actually relate to the football itself.
Harrogate's match thread has 2 posts!

http://harrogatetownfc.forumotion.com/t3148-barnet-away
JWTBee

It was great to see Tarpey score last night! Very well deserved & a MOM performance from him.His overall play linking the midfield & attack is excellent.Like many others I would like to see him up front with Barham.Other good performances were from Boucaud,Taylor & EMC.Also Alexander put in a much better performance than of late.

One gripe though - NO ball boys! How embarassing Mickey Mouse was that!?
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
MCB

JWTBee wrote: One gripe though - NO ball boys! How embarassing Mickey Mouse was that!?
Was commented on by the Harrogate commentators. I assume they are part of the youth set up bought in for some duties? One was showing some skills on Saturday. I assume it's perhaps too late for them on weekday matches?
CrawleyBee

MCB wrote:
JWTBee wrote: One gripe though - NO ball boys! How embarassing Mickey Mouse was that!?
Was commented on by the Harrogate commentators. I assume they are part of the youth set up bought in for some duties? One was showing some skills on Saturday. I assume it's perhaps too late for them on weekday matches?
Thought this was shockingly embarrassing... how hard to stick 2 people in either end.
Formerly Watfordbee
KensalBee

watfordbee wrote:
MCB wrote:
Thought this was shockingly embarrassing... how hard to stick 2 people in either end.
Worked in our favour towards the end though! How funny seeing the keeper running around like a lunatic!

Don't think the Club expected as many Harrogate fans (but still numbering under 100, so let's not praise that too much) and they were far too gobby, but bless them for being boosted by the apparent day trip of school kids!!
DerekRocholl

becbee wrote:We have 120 posts on our match thread, although accepted many don't actually relate to the football itself.

Harrogate are in the first season ever at this level. We aren’t.

Just thought I would help you start building a list of pointless comparisons.
WeAreBarnet

ETBee wrote:

Alexander stayed back more than in recent games which helped. That "small and skinny" Taylor is also getting better each game and has the same determination, although not quite skill, of his brother.
Just to clarify once again, I didn't mean that negatively and was corrected when it came to height but my post was very positive when it came to him. Think he's been severely underrated last couple games and yesterday was my MOTM excl. Tarpey. My point was that he was up against big men and seemed to be so strong. The guy has balls of steel! Goes for every ball and doesn't give up. Made a few excellent tackles yesterday and passed well. Not quite his brother attacking wise but with both of them in the midfield next season it seems exciting!

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
becbee

Hiveoccupier wrote:
becbee wrote:We have 120 posts on our match thread, although accepted many don't actually relate to the football itself.

It was a comment, nothing more. If you thought my post was pointless, why bother responding?
Norfolk & Chance

Maybe the interweb isn't widely available in Yorkshire?
StephenM

Good to see we have a new point of complaint - lack of ballboys. We've needed something new since Brentford ticketgate.

Those poor footballers having to go to the effort of collecting the ball themselves.
Norfolk & Chance

It's more a case of poor fans waiting for players to retrieve the ball and the constant delays to the flow of the game.

Surely you get that?
ETBee

I noticed that the Harrogate goalie asked permission from the ref each time to climb over the barrier to get the ball. I did wonder what would have happened if he had fallen and was injured too badly to continue. There must be rules about "ball children". Would we have been in trouble with the FA and have to replay the game?
CrawleyBee

StephenM wrote:Good to see we have a new point of complaint - lack of ballboys. We've needed something new since Brentford ticketgate.

Those poor footballers having to go to the effort of collecting the ball themselves.
Come on it was just silly. Amateurish, a massive deal? No of course not, just slowed the game down completely.
Formerly Watfordbee
DerekRocholl

becbee wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:

It was a comment, nothing more. If you thought my post was pointless, why bother responding?
I thought you were on to something and it would be entertaining to see who could come up with the most inane point to attempt to show how much better we are than Harrogate. :hi:
Last edited by DerekRocholl on 20 Mar 2019, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
beew

WeAreBarnet wrote:
ETBee wrote:

Alexander stayed back more than in recent games which helped. That "small and skinny" Taylor is also getting better each game and has the same determination, although not quite skill, of his brother.
Just to clarify once again, I didn't mean that negatively and was corrected when it came to height but my post was very positive when it came to him. Think he's been severely underrated last couple games and yesterday was my MOTM excl. Tarpey. My point was that he was up against big men and seemed to be so strong. The guy has balls of steel! Goes for every ball and doesn't give up. Made a few excellent tackles yesterday and passed well. Not quite his brother attacking wise but with both of them in the midfield next season it seems exciting!

I'd have Harry over Jack anyday. He always puts in a shift and is quite grounded, unlike his brother who thinks he's to good for this level. If Jack put in the effort that Harry does he'd progress but from what I've seen he's not interested.