Two other former League clubs

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoppy

Two other former League clubs

Our next two Home fixtures are against Aldershot and Leyton Orient, each sitting at opposite ends of the table.
Aldershot on Tuesday have been allocated block A of the North Stand. They have not as yet, sold a single ticket.
On the following Saturday we have the O's and they have already sold out blocks A and B of the North Stand and are well into blocks C and D. I wouldn't be surprised if they fill the North Stand.
In the past Aldershot have always brought a decent following to us, lets hope they do on Tuesday.
MCB

Re: Two other former League clubs

Leyton Orient fans whinging about tickets for sale and how we're selling them, with others saying O's fans should buy £10 terrace tickets because "By giving Barnet double the amount of money you need to , then you are supporting Barnet!" :Pardon: :Pardon:

I'll take a lot of the (mostly justified) abuse from opposition fans about away tickets, prices etc, but not from Leyton bloody Orient, with their awful restricted view corner seats and 'beers in buckets'. They've dropped their prices this season (to £20) but they always were amongst the most extortionate in the football league - I remember (I think) paying £23 for the dullest 0-0 when we were top of the league, and the only entertainment was Darren Currie on the pitch and a blow up doll off it.
hoofer2

hoppy wrote:Our next two Home fixtures are against Aldershot and Leyton Orient, each sitting at opposite ends of the table.
Aldershot on Tuesday have been allocated block A of the North Stand. They have not as yet, sold a single ticket.
On the following Saturday we have the O's and they have already sold out blocks A and B of the North Stand and are well into blocks C and D. I wouldn't be surprised if they fill the North Stand.
In the past Aldershot have always brought a decent following to us, lets hope they do on Tuesday.
And Aldershot also have a decent drummer that is always entertaining - military style snare drum who can actually play the instrument
John_c

MCB wrote:Leyton Orient fans whinging about tickets for sale and how we're selling them, with others saying O's fans should buy £10 terrace tickets because "By giving Barnet double the amount of money you need to , then you are supporting Barnet!" :Pardon: :Pardon:

I'll take a lot of the (mostly justified) abuse from opposition fans about away tickets, prices etc, but not from Leyton bloody Orient, with their awful restricted view corner seats and 'beers in buckets'. They've dropped their prices this season (to £20) but they always were amongst the most extortionate in the football league - I remember (I think) paying £23 for the dullest 0-0 when we were top of the league, and the only entertainment was Darren Currie on the pitch and a blow up doll off it.
Oh boo hoo. Poor them.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
barnetpete

John_c wrote:
MCB wrote:Leyton Orient fans whinging about tickets for sale and how we're selling them, with others saying O's fans should buy £10 terrace tickets because "By giving Barnet double the amount of money you need to , then you are supporting Barnet!" :Pardon: :Pardon:

Oh boo hoo. Poor them.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
TO be fair it is one fan, the rest talk about how easy it is to book the tickets and don't mention the prices.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
ninestein

It would be good fun to de-rail Orient's title challenge.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
hoppy

ninestein wrote:It would be good fun to de-rail Orient's title challenge.
Really?
I obviously want Barnet to win the game but I hope the O's win the National League.
Like us Orient have always had to live in the shadows of huge Premier League clubs, and, also like us, they have had to endure the idiocies of a crazy owner. We survived the Flashman era and Orient seem to have survived the Benchetti era.
Good luck Orient (after 30th March). I also hope Aldershot can survive this season. Their fans have also had to endure many torrid years and I fear for their Club if it is relegated.
jerroll

If we are serious about challenging next season I'd like to see Orient go up plus one of the wallet clubs from the north west and for the same reason I hope Notts survive in lg2!
Nudger70

jerroll wrote:If we are serious about challenging next season I'd like to see Orient go up plus one of the wallet clubs from the north west and for the same reason I hope Notts survive in lg2!
can’t believe Notts county are in as much trouble as they are. Were in promotion places when Alex Nicholls gave us all hope a year ago.
ninestein

The only reason I'd love Orient to stay down is because we are guaranteed a proper London derby and a full away stand in one of the 23 Bananarama league games. But I acknowledge that they would be a threat to any title challenger next year if they didn't succeed.
Likewise, Aldershot are a proper old-school opponent of ours. Never forget that 3-3 draw in the driving rain a few years back when Edgar was in charge. That night was mental. I'd love it if they stayed up, but I fear they are too far behind. It's ironic that just over a year ago we were rumoured to have made the approach to take Gary Waddock and his #2, their owner refused, and now they are on the brink of relegation.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
john dockers shorts

Lets worry about next season... Next season!

I'd love to rain on their parade... Orient or anyone else.
jerroll

john dockers shorts wrote:Lets worry about next season... Next season!

I'd love to rain on their parade... Orient or anyone else.
We need to start thinking about next season the moment we are mathematically safe from relegation, can't afford to start like we did this season again!!
john dockers shorts

The only people who need to be thinking of next season is the management and players.

I would love to stuff Orient and anyone going for promotion. If we can't have any fun why should anyone else!!
jerroll

john dockers shorts wrote:The only people who need to be thinking of next season is the management and players.

I would love to stuff Orient and anyone going for promotion. If we can't have any fun why should anyone else!!
Don't get me wrong, I want to beat orient, Wrexham, Salford & Fylde but would just rather see orient win it.
letchbee94

On the subject of ticket prices is it correct that Salford away is only £10 entrance for adults and £5 for concessions? Decent if it is.