Loans?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
JWTBee

Loans?

I have just checked & I believe that the National League Loan Period for this season ends this coming Thursday,28th March? If this is correct it seems very unlikely that we will be getting any loans in & we will have to make do with what we have got! However our form has improved of late so hopefully we will be OK.However I think that tomorrow's very important game will be no pushover as,unfortunately,Aldershot seem to have found some form also !
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
MCB

Re: Loans?

JWTBee wrote:.However I think that tomorrow's very important game will be no pushover as,unfortunately,Aldershot seem to have found some form also !
Not sure i'd count 'one the last one and last the previous 4' as finding form!

Last 5:

Aldershot P5 W1 D0 L4
Barnet P5 W1 D3 L1

Do we assume we are safe (are people assuming this?)? If Aldershot win they are still 8 points behind with 6 games to play. Havant away at Maidenhead - a must win for Havant - if they do - they are only 3 points from overtaking Borehamwood or Maidenhead or Dover...

But fundamentally, i'd only like to see a loanee come in if we are interested and have the possibility of signing them in the summer.

Otherwise I think we have the team to safely climb up the table. I still reckon we'll finish 12th.
hoppy

We have nine league games left. Two wins will almost certainly see us safe, maybe even one win will be enough.
No need for loan signings. We have had so many loan signings in the past who have not delivered.If we can't get the wins with our current squad of players we deserve to get relegated.
hoofer2

hoppy wrote:We have nine league games left. Two wins will almost certainly see us safe, maybe even one win will be enough.
No need for loan signings. We have had so many loan signings in the past who have not delivered.If we can't get the wins with our current squad of players we deserve to get relegated.
Completely agree. Once we are mathematically safe, does Currie bring in some of the fringe players to give them a go at the last chance saloon? Or, has he already made some decisions about his retained list and who will be released, and sees no point undermining the progress in the First XI? I anticipate it is the second option.
jerroll

The only signing I would suspect we would look at would be another keeper as cover just in case anything happens to Cousins or Matrevics but can't even see that happening. Havan't's maximum points is 59 and Aldershot's is 56 so tomorrow is a must not lose game more than anything else and a win will almost finish off Shots from catching us. I am hopeful FC Thug of Hertsmere will be drawn into the relegation melting pot as their run in looks fairly nasty - would be nice to go to Havant safe & help send our neighbours back to NLS!
MCB

jerroll wrote: FC Thug of Hertsmere will be drawn into the relegation melting pot as their run in looks fairly nasty - would be nice to go to Havant safe & help send our neighbours back to NLS!
Oh god - who do you support on the last day? Boreham wood definitely don't have any 'gimme's' left and the last game could potentially require Eastleigh to win to stay in a play off position...

Would you take a loss to see Boreham wood sent down? Or do we have to support our team winning 'no matter what' :?:

Boreham Wood vs Eastleigh
Havant & Waterlooville vs Barnet
hoppy

jerroll wrote:The only signing I would suspect we would look at would be another keeper as cover just in case anything happens to Cousins or Matrevics but can't even see that happening. Havan't's maximum points is 59 and Aldershot's is 56 so tomorrow is a must not lose game more than anything else and a win will almost finish off Shots from catching us. I am hopeful FC Thug of Hertsmere will be drawn into the relegation melting pot as their run in looks fairly nasty - would be nice to go to Havant safe & help send our neighbours back to NLS!
In the event of injuries to our goalkeepers do NL rules allow us to sign another keeper even if it's after the cut off date?
JWTBee

hoppy wrote:
jerroll wrote:The only signing I would suspect we would look at would be another keeper as cover just in case anything happens to Cousins or Matrevics but can't even see that happening. Havan't's maximum points is 59 and Aldershot's is 56 so tomorrow is a must not lose game more than anything else and a win will almost finish off Shots from catching us. I am hopeful FC Thug of Hertsmere will be drawn into the relegation melting pot as their run in looks fairly nasty - would be nice to go to Havant safe & help send our neighbours back to NLS!
In the event of injuries to our goalkeepers do NL rules allow us to sign another keeper even if it's after the cut off date?
Good question! I would think so - yes.
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
jerroll

JWTBee wrote:
hoppy wrote:
Good question! I would think so - yes.
Only if all senior keepers who have played over a certain number of 1st team Games (only Cousins!!) are injured!
Nudger70

MCB wrote:
jerroll wrote: FC Thug of Hertsmere will be drawn into the relegation melting pot as their run in looks fairly nasty - would be nice to go to Havant safe & help send our neighbours back to NLS!
Oh god - who do you support on the last day? Boreham wood definitely don't have any 'gimme's' left and the last game could potentially require Eastleigh to win to stay in a play off position...

Would you take a loss to see Boreham wood sent down? Or do we have to support our team winning 'no matter what' :?:

Boreham Wood vs Eastleigh
Havant & Waterlooville vs Barnet
Don’t really want to see the wood relegated would rather they stayed up so we can give them a good hiding next season.
hoppy

JWTBee wrote:I have just checked & I believe that the National League Loan Period for this season ends this coming Thursday,28th March? If this is correct it seems very unlikely that we will be getting any loans in & we will have to make do with what we have got! However our form has improved of late so hopefully we will be OK.However I think that tomorrow's very important game will be no pushover as,unfortunately,Aldershot seem to have found some form also !
Can't see us signing anyone today but maybe one or two of our squad may go today.
#Beebot

Mo Bettamer joins Welling on loan.
Jon83

Nana has gone to Potters Bar on loan.
#Beebot

Jon83 wrote:Nana has gone to Potters Bar on loan.
It's sad to see how much he's declined. He genuinely looked a very good prospect a couple of years ago.
jerroll

#Beebot wrote:
Jon83 wrote:Nana has gone to Potters Bar on loan.
It's sad to see how much he's declined. He genuinely looked a very good prospect a couple of years ago.
its so unfair on these lads that we don't offer competitive u21/23 football, must be awful training all week with no game to look forward to other than the occasional middx cup game! even if we entered the isthmian(bostik) development league and played our games on the floodlight 3 g pitches at THL!