Is there the appetite for a Supporters Trust / Club?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Would you join a Supporters Trust / Club

Yes, and look to be active in it
17%
Yes i'd join but probably not be active
63%
Maybe - depends on certain things (What? Say below)
4%
Unlikely
9%
No
7%

Total votes: 46

hoppy

Re: Is there the appetite for a Supporters Trust / Club?

Hiveoccupier wrote:
Edd1 wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:
Edd1 wrote:I would be wary of using Hadley.

Fact is Hadley has been adopted by some of the Underhill or nothing faction. Basing a supporters club there would risk opening up old wounds and stiring things up again.

I have nothing against Hadley or those who have now adopted it as their team but what any new organisation will need is common ground to start from, and Hadley is not it.
Steve Grey the guy who owns Hadley was completely amenable to Barnet FC supporters using the club house for Barnet Fc meetings attended only by BFC supporters/ members. He didn’t have to make the offer and it is pretty poor to respond to it in such a cynical way.
As above my issue is not with Hadley, or Steve Grey. That is a kind and generous offer.

Nevertheless I stand by my comment. Any new supporters organisation must start from common ground. Adopting Hadley as a location would not help that.
As previously said (twice) the offer can be followed up if any future Supporters Organisation is unable to get meeting accommodation at Hhe Hive and wants to consider it. There is no obligation, no hidden agenda, just an offer to ask if the need arises.
On Saturday Hadley are at home to Croxley Green. It is free to watch but Hadley are asking spectators to pay what they want on exit after the match. They are hoping that, if you have been entertained, you will pay a bit more.
It's a shame Barnet didn't offer this deal yesterday. I would have saved myself a fortune!!
MCB

I'm bringing this conversation back to the front as a) it's off season and b) to see if there are any additional comments or thoughts.

I'm thinking of taking this to the TK / Club to see if there is interest in setting up a skeleton model in the first instance, something that can grow in the future, and perhaps be run by people with more time and interest than me (in some kind of democratic model of course).

Contrary to what people have claimed before I don't have a hotline to TK, but I like to think he'll be receptive to a rational, reasoned approach from non-outwardly hostile Barnet fans.

If there is anyone that thinks - this is just what we need, feel free to PM me :D

Just to clarify I don't see myself actively running it at any point, but I might be able to help with structure.

I might set up a sub thread with polls to find out what peoples priorities are. Maybe i've misread it - and maybe everyone's overreaching priority is not occasional coaches, or dialogue with the club, but returning to Barnet under any circumstance. :mellow:
Mikel Bee

It's been a long time since we had a unified supporter representation to the club and we're one of the few clubs at this level and above without anything like that. Something very simple, few or no objectives and open to all fans to begin with could be a good starting point for it to then grow naturally.
pgbee

Loudmouth for Chairman!!
LoudmouthBFC

pgbee wrote:Loudmouth for Chairman!!

Don't need to be top boy like TK, just someone to have a quiet word in his ear.
MCB

Some of you may have seen this
There's a short questionnaire we'd love as many people as possible, irrespective of their views ('No' it's a terrible idea particularly welcome) - and please pass on to whoever you feel may be interested in filling in.

Link to questionnaire: https://t.co/NJG21pfsDZ?amp=1
becbee

Sorry if this comes across as negative but we know why it failed last time. For it to succeed now or in the future it would require all those involved to have a completely different mindset. Fans with positivity, prepared to see TK as an ally not the enemy, ability to understand that there will be hurdles but able to ride them. And plenty of time plus the determination not to let things drift.
We have plenty of fans who care about BFC and want the best for the club - but that's not the same thing. And no, I don't believe I'm good enough either.