Re: Coptall

and dinosaurs!
Norfolkbee

Monsieur Abeille wrote:and dinosaurs!
Some of these still inhabit Lord's. :-p
#Beebot

Even in the UK, NFL is far bigger than club rugby.

A London franchise sells out Wembley every week IMO - I think we often underestimate how popular it is over here. It's grown massively over the last few years.

On the contrary a Saracens game would badly struggle to sell out new WHL, Copthall is the right size for them.
hoofer2

Norfolkbee wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:It is also interesting to note that Saracens have a new deal to play at least one game a season at the new Spurs ground. Can't help wondering if this is a precursor to a more permanent arrangement.
A ground swap ?
In all seriousness, I do think Daniel Levy and Co will be looking at ways to recoup some of the £squillions overspend on the project. NFL is a novelty but hardly likely to become more than that, whereas Premiership Rugby Union . . .
Disagree completely. The money available in NFL for one of games simply dwarfs that of Rugby Union especially the TV rights and commercial rights to show games. If the NFL games Spurs host are successful, expect the number of matches to increase too.
hoofer2

Monsieur Abeille wrote:Mind you, I don't imagine the crusty buggers from Lords will be too upset that its in Herts rather than Middx.
A day out is a day out even if you do wear jackets that make you look like Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins (gor bless im guvnor)
MCB

What amazed me is how expensive watching Saracens is - cheapest tickets are £33 (£35 for Cat A games) going up to £79 for 'padded seats'. And a lot of seats are uncovered (standing tickets at cheapest seated prices available), and can easily spend over £1k for a season ticket. Their fans say they over rely on corporate tickets. It's not really opening up to occasional or locals is it? Maybe having 1 game at Spurs might allow them to actually offer reasonably priced tickets..
Monsieur Abeille

hoofer2 wrote:
Monsieur Abeille wrote:Mind you, I don't imagine the crusty buggers from Lords will be too upset that its in Herts rather than Middx.
A day out is a day out even if you do wear jackets that make you look like Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins (gor bless im guvnor)
Don't know what you mean! Image

Sent from my non Apple device
DerekRocholl

MCB wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote: The NFL games will be a sell out as soon as the tickets are put on offer. The whole place is designed with an NFL style match day experience in mind. A London franchise team is only a matter of time.
Yup - to quote "The NFL has invested £10 million ($12.8m) in Tottenham's new stadium, just over 1% of the budget. The stadium will feature the world's first dividing retractable pitch, and it will be the first stadium in the UK to have two pitches inside: a retractable grass pitch for football, and a synthetic surface underneath for NFL games and other events."

So a big funding and revenue source, and the pitch won't be ruined!
What’s the betting the Spuds get their pitches mixed up at some point ?
DerekRocholl

Monsieur Abeille wrote:
hoofer2 wrote:

Very dapper Steve. Have you got your breakfast all down your jacket ?
Monsieur Abeille

jerroll

Monsieur Abeille wrote:
jerroll wrote:
Monsieur Abeille wrote:I see that Middlesex county cricket club are looking to build facilities next to Saracens. Shame that they could do what we couldn't.

Mind you, I don't imagine the crusty buggers from Lords will be too upset that its in Herts rather than Middx.
They aleady play games at Radlett and Lords has never been in Middx anyway!
Jerroll - I regard you as the font of all knowledge and you are rightly revered here, but I must summon the god of pedantry to plead my case. I'm pretty certain that St Johns Wood was in Middlesex until 1889. The current Lords ground was built in 1814, and Middlesex CC moved in 1877, so they had 12 glorious years in the right county!

I take rudeboys point though that Coptall may be in Middx
I had amended my post by the time you replied !
becbee

Saracens are only allowed to play 16 matches per season at Allianz Park so every season they play a couple of home matches elsewhere. They were at the London Stadium Saturday before last, they've also played at Stadium MK and
Wembley. They would have played at Spurs this season had the ground been ready. The plan is for them to play on the artifical pitch, like the American Football teams will so it won't affect Spurs matches.
Why does anybody care? It's irrelevant to Barnet FC.
hoofer2

Monsieur Abeille wrote:
hoofer2 wrote:

Two peas in a pod as Rugby Folk wear them too!! urgh.
tile_involved.jpg
tile_involved.jpg (119.75 KiB) Viewed 4469 times
hoofer2

MCB wrote:What amazed me is how expensive watching Saracens is - cheapest tickets are £33 (£35 for Cat A games) going up to £79 for 'padded seats'. And a lot of seats are uncovered (standing tickets at cheapest seated prices available), and can easily spend over £1k for a season ticket. Their fans say they over rely on corporate tickets. It's not really opening up to occasional or locals is it? Maybe having 1 game at Spurs might allow them to actually offer reasonably priced tickets..
Especially as they have limited assets of their own - training at Old Albanians for example
Norfolkbee

hoofer2 wrote:
Monsieur Abeille wrote:
hoofer2 wrote:

Two peas in a pod as Rugby Folk wear them too!! urgh.
tile_involved.jpg
Nothing wrong with looking smart - or so my boss used to tell me.