Fixture congestion

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
sloopjohnbee

Fixture congestion

I was quite concerned during our great cup run(s) about the ensuing fixture pile up, but hoped that our large squad would help us through. I am so impressed with DCs attitude towards tired players - "Go to bed earlier," and it seems to be really paying off. Playing the first choice team twice a week for over a month, and they've really improved, got playing as a team, really gelled. Hope it continues.
ninestein

Re: Fixture congestion

The good thing is we haven't lost another glut of players to injury. So far Boucaud seems to be the only significant casualty still out, and even then from DC's recent interview he was a doubt for Eastleigh last week.

It's been an intense period. Almost like a tough pre-pre-season in a way. When Darren took over and it was clear we wouldn't make the playoffs, all i wanted was for us to establish a way of playing which will bode well for next season and give us some hope over the summer of hitting the ground running. That appears to have been ticked off. The thing that remains now is securing Darren's immediate future at the club, and being bold with our player's contracts. That means keeping hold of our first choice starters and releasing the right ones. The last 2 months will be for nothing if half our key players leave.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!