04/05 Champions Reunited

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
shankbee01

Re: 04/05 Champions Reunited

Brilliant evening! Thanks to everyone who must have put in a lot of hard work to make it happen. I hope it was a success for the Barnet foundation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ape1968

MCB wrote:
rudebwoyben wrote: Ish and Anthony Charles look in better nick than ever!
I think Anthony Charles took up modelling after leaving us.

And Ish is still playing isn't he - only really him and Nicky Bailey isn't it?
Think Shane Gore is still playing too for Win Fin (jerrol to correct me if I'm wrong of course)
"The feeling of stepping out for Barnet for the first time was the same as a Champions League match. It is just joy"

Edgar Davids
letchbee94

Echo what has already been said.

Was good to remember what a season I (we all?) will never forget, was good to hear some stories that had not heard about until last nigth.

Well done to those who was invloved with organising.
jerroll

ape1968 wrote:
MCB wrote:
rudebwoyben wrote: Ish and Anthony Charles look in better nick than ever!
I think Anthony Charles took up modelling after leaving us.

And Ish is still playing isn't he - only really him and Nicky Bailey isn't it?
Think Shane Gore is still playing too for Win Fin (jerrol to correct me if I'm wrong of course)
yep,yak at Kingstonian as of february.
#Beebot

Tom Champion also played a couple of games that season.
John_c

ape1968 wrote:Just wanted to echo what was said above. Thank you so much for a truly memorable evening.

Clearly a huge amount of preparation and hard work from Jan and Pete (and Graz and JC and a whole load of others). Tom Watt did a great job and the players (champions) really engaged with the whole thing (Ismail Yakubu looks like he's getting younger!)

One of those evenings that reminds you what it means to be a part of this great Barnet family. To quote Westy: "marvellous"

And if you haven't checked it out yet - all in aid of a great cause:

https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/

COYB
A lovely evening. Great to see the players and hear their stories of a memorable season.

Big thanks to Janet, Pete, et al for their hard work. I did nothing!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
antbfc

really enjoyable evening, thanks to all for sorting!
JWTBee

Just a shame that Hatchy wasn't there!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
Roy57

Don't know if allowed to but a DVD of this event would be a great idea for those that could not attend and also to raise more money for such a great cause.
hoofer2

Did Bailey and Duane Lee reveal more about their falling out...
shankbee01

hoofer2 wrote:Did Bailey and Duane Lee reveal more about their falling out...
No. They sat pretty close to each other too so I presume they’ve behaved like adults and let things go. Top marks for Ben Strevens comments about PF. Was lovely to hear and see PF shake his hand when he come down off the stage.

I think the thing that will stick with me most from the evening is how pretty much every player talked about PFs management effectively being revolutionary at that level. I think the man deserves more respect from us as a group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JWTBee

Duane Lee did tell me but,in confidence,so I'm going to respect his privacy.But I can reveal that it was nothing to do with football.
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
barnetpete

A huge thanks to all who attended. Thanks for all the kind words above.

A short write up and an extensive picture gallery are now available at the link below.

https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.u ... s-reunited

We are awaiting some confirmation on final expenditure, but it would appear that after costs you have all kindly helped raise in excess of £3,700. We will, in time, confirm how this money is to be used.

I must again publicly say thank you to the players and Paul, who were fantastic all evening both on stage and engaging with the attendees. What a great bunch of guys.

In regards to the Dwayne/Nicky incident, this happened the following season so wasn't part of the Q&A, nor did it need to be being that time is very much passed.

We have footage of the evening - we are yet to have the opportunity to see how good - but if the sound quality is ok we will look to produce a short video of the best bits to place on youtube.
Attachments
Barnet FC ChampionsReunited1.jpg
Barnet FC ChampionsReunited1.jpg (107.45 KiB) Viewed 3783 times
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
alexbach

barnetpete wrote:A huge thanks to all who attended. Thanks for all the kind words above.

A short write up and an extensive picture gallery are now available at the link below.

https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.u ... s-reunited

We are awaiting some confirmation on final expenditure, but it would appear that after costs you have all kindly helped raise in excess of £3,700. We will, in time, confirm how this money is to be used.

I must again publicly say thank you to the players and Paul, who were fantastic all evening both on stage and engaging with the attendees. What a great bunch of guys.

In regards to the Dwayne/Nicky incident, this happened the following season so wasn't part of the Q&A, nor did it need to be being that time is very much passed.

We have footage of the evening - we are yet to have the opportunity to see how good - but if the sound quality is ok we will look to produce a short video of the best bits to place on youtube.
Mrs smilies s photos accompanying my bank holiday summary

Sent from my 5033X using Tapatalk