Playoffs start tonight

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
becbee

Re: Playoffs start tonight

hoofer2 wrote:
#Beebot wrote:Eastleigh win 1-0. Massive upset.
Congratulations Ben Strevens. So the EFL will welcome a newcomer next season. I really hope it's Solihull Moors. What a story that would be
Solihull's ground would be the worst ground ever in L2, makes Wimbledon and Accrington ( pre recent improvements) look good.
ninestein

#Beebot wrote:
hoofer2 wrote:
Congratulations Ben Strevens. So the EFL will welcome a newcomer next season. I really hope it's Solihull Moors. What a story that would be
All 4 sides are bankrolled. I don't think it's much of a story for any of them.

Solihull are probably the least bankrolled, while investment is being pulled from Eastleigh at the end of the season so if they do go up they will struggle badly if they can't bring any more in.

Salford and Fylde both make me puke.
I'd rather Salford go up now and get them out of here. Let them have their FL dream. Sky Sports can purr over the ex-Utd connection, and BT Sport can concentrate on us.

There's no denying that Salford and Fylde are good footballing sides, but it's clear to see that they are where they are because of additional investment.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
BeesKnees99

#Beebot wrote:
hoofer2 wrote:

Solihull are probably the least bankrolled, while investment is being pulled from Eastleigh at the end of the season so if they do go up they will struggle badly if they can't bring any more in.

Spot on, the attendance at Fylde was a disgrace. I despise Solihull, such a horrible tinpot outfit, and Salford are nothing but a vanity project.

Eastleigh are probably the least odious, but promotion might just kill them.
pgbee

ninestein wrote:
#Beebot wrote:
hoofer2 wrote:

I'd rather Salford go up now and get them out of here. Let them have their FL dream. Sky Sports can purr over the ex-Utd connection, and BT Sport can concentrate on us.

There's no denying that Salford and Fylde are good footballing sides, but it's clear to see that they are where they are because of additional investment.
For purr read arse lick.
Psycho

I feel a bit stupid after putting the mockers on Wrexham. I really do feel sorry for them though with a 12th season in a row at this level now. Yes, they'll bring quite a few to THL but another northern team.

Come to think of it - I am stupid! :geahh:
Psycho

hoofer2 wrote:
A paper the other day said Tim Flowers has been the manager of the season in all five divisions. That's quite a bold statement. But when you think how small they are and they came to within three points of champions Leyton Orient, maybe they're right.

Flowers will get a job in the EFL at a decent club in the summer if Solihull Moors don't go up.
letchbee94

Just think it could be a Solihull v Eastleigh play off final.
Would prefer Eastleigh to stay down (more local and they proably wont be a threat next season for promotion?) but I would be pleased for Strevens if they do go up, he spoke well at the 2005 reunion night and he did not leave until very late as he was talking to fans afterwards in the pub.
alexbach

shame for wrexham , especially the disallowed goal
Some on here obsessed withe the word "tinpot" and with criticising the newly affluent clubs
hmmm...... stanley flashman signed many of the best non league players in 80s
Psycho

AFC Fylde lead at Solihull Moors after just two minutes.
becbee

How poor of Fylde that despite only being 130 miles down M6 on a Saturday, and coach fare £10 ( children free), they didn't even sell out their allocation of tickets for today's P.O. Semi Final.
becbee

becbee wrote:How poor of Fylde that despite Solihull only being 130 miles down M6 on a Saturday, and coach fare £10 ( children free), they didn't even sell out their allocation of tickets for today's P.O. Semi Final.
#Beebot

becbee wrote:How poor of Fylde that despite only being 130 miles down M6 on a Saturday, and coach fare £10 ( children free), they didn't even sell out their allocation of tickets for today's P.O. Semi Final.
They're completely irrelevant now that the Oystons have left Blackpool. The Fylde Coast is too small an area for two EFL clubs, let alone three.
Psycho

IF and I say IF AFC Fylde get to Wembley, how many tickets will they sell? 2,000? Less? Embarassing for our division and it makes it look the 't' word.

They really don't deserve to be doing so well in the play-offs from their very low support in a fair catchment area.
#Beebot

Psycho wrote:IF and I say IF AFC Fylde get to Wembley, how many tickets will they sell? 2,000? Less? Embarassing for our division and it makes it look the 't' word.

They really don't deserve to be doing so well in the play-offs from their very low support in a fair catchment area.
As I said most people in that area are Blackpool fans, and only watched Fylde because they couldn't stomach giving money to the Oystons. They're irrelevant now the Oystons are gone and that's before you factor Fleetwood into the mix.
letchbee94

Psycho wrote:IF and I say IF AFC Fylde get to Wembley, how many tickets will they sell? 2,000? Less? Embarassing for our division and it makes it look the 't' word.

When we went to Fylde on 'Good Friday' when the game finished there was hardly any singing and the fans was walking out the stadium without much acknowledgment to the players.

Very different to how we used to be when in a play off challenge.