Gateshead

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
LoudmouthBFC

Re: Gateshead

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ninestein

It could have been a lot worse for Gateshead. Hopefully they find their feet quickly and move forwards. As for Aldershot, i think a lot of their fans would rather that they stayed up on merit, but at least there's one extra local-ish fixture for us next season. One does wonder though how that will have affected Aldershot's recruitment this summer. For a while they've been gearing up for the NLS, now they need to find players capable of the NL instead. For many clubs, us included, the process of targetting players began a while back.

Didn't a similar thing happen with Chester? They were supposed to be relegated but the demise of Salisbury and Hereford saw them reprieved at the last minute. We then thumped them on the opening day 5-0.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Bee_Forever

The thing that upsets me about this is that the players and staff at Gateshead performed admirably despite crummy owners and their small but hardy support stuck with them.

They didn't deserve what happened to them.

Plus a day our in Aldershot or a day out in Newcastle is no choice at all.

Gutted for them, and us away travellers!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
#Beebot

In any other year Gateshead would have been demoted to step 3, but this year they would have had to reprieve Truro who have been an absolute nuisance at step 2 for some time, not surprised they were therefore only dropped one level.