Where Are They Now...?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ninestein

Where Are They Now...?

This used to be a popular column for a matchday programme to look back at past players and see what's become of them, but I was thinking the other day of many old faces that I used to see or hear of on the terraces, sharing a Saturday afternoon with. Maybe you haven't see them for ages. You might wonder what they are up to now. Are they still following the bees? Have they moved away? Have they just given up on football and taken up other interests? Someone probably knows the answer...

For example, I recall going on the supporters coach to away games and there used to be a guy called Fred Stiff. He was on the SA committee and used to have long, frizzy hair. Anyone know what he's up to these days?

What about the fella with the blonde curly locks who used to wear the "where's wally" jumper? The East Terrace used to nickname him Sideshow Bob. I believe he was a tree-surgeon, and his name was Gunther. Anyone know what he's up to these days?

Also, Keith Morris, who moved to Oz back in the late 90's but came back every now and then to take in a game. Is he still out there? Does he still follow our results?
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Reckless

Re: Where Are They Now...?

Freddy Stiff is now Steve Percy's Butler.
b4life

I always wondered what happened to Keith 'One the Juggler' Harris!

On a slightly more sombre note, it's 10 years this year since re lost Lons (aka Paul Whisken) to leukaemia. RIP mate.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
StephenM

I imagine the St John's Ambulance twins are still making their way across the Underhill pitch with their stretcher to help Paul Wilson's last victim.
amberforever

Anyone know what happened to the two lovely ladies who sold black and amber tickets near the Westcombe turnstiles? Always had a friendly smile with plenty of charm ? Not seen them since Underhill.
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

Reckless is still avoiding the bar when it’s his round.
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
pgbee

OB1 wrote:Reckless is still avoiding the bar when it’s his round.
For all the work he does for the club it's right his mates should fuel his passion!! :-)
Reckless

amberforever wrote:Anyone know what happened to the two lovely ladies who sold black and amber tickets near the Westcombe turnstiles? Always had a friendly smile with plenty of charm ? Not seen them since Underhill.
I keep.in touch with all four of them. At least Mrs Reckless does!

Thanks PG. I remember walking into the old Social Club one night when all beers were 20p a pint (normally a pound) and OB1 and Moth were sitting at table sharing a pint miserable as sin. I asked the barmaid what are they up to? She said they were waiting for the happy hour.
amberforever

Reckless wrote:
amberforever wrote:Anyone know what happened to the two lovely ladies who sold black and amber tickets near the Westcombe turnstiles? Always had a friendly smile with plenty of charm ? Not seen them since Underhill.

Thanks PG. I remember walking into the old Social Club one night when all beers were 20p a pint (normally a pound) and OB1 and Moth were sitting at table sharing a pint miserable as sin. I asked the barmaid what are they up to? She said they were waiting for the happy hour.
Do they frequent the Hive now then? Not seen them there.
Reckless

Sadly not and...... sadly yes :-)
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

Reckless wrote:

it was four shillings a pint, not twenty pence. Even at that price you didn’t get a round in.
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
Reckless

Back on Topic Keith Morris still gives me shivers when I think if the time he slipped down the stand steps at Gateshead. Quite a rake!
Sean the Gardener is another. We just about made it to.many games in his old Morris Oxford!
b4life

Did Sean the gardener have a Morris Oxford where the speedo didn't work, or am I thinking of someone else?
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
ETBee

Back to Ninestein's original post, the guy with the curly locks is called Max and he indeed is a tree surgeon. At one away Orient match he ended up in the home end and when he started making encouraging chants to the Bees he was easily spotted by the stewards and marched in front of the stand to loud cheers from both sides. He moved to the Midlands.

You mention Gunther. He is one of a group of 6 or 7 regular East Terrace fans who no longer come to games. They gradually stopped coming to games before we left Underhill because there ceased to be any enjoyment in the football. It's worth noting that each one of those half dozen had two or three friends who used to come to games on and off so the club has lost those too. So the loss of one fan really has a greater impact than just that one body.

I remember one chap on the ET who we used to see every week but then he stopped coming. When he reappeared he explained that he had "found a girlfriend" who came to a game shortly after but that was the last we saw of him. Clearly she didn't succumb to the magic of the Bees.

Watching the Bees, like any other team, is a habit and once you stop assuming that Saturday afternoons are already booked other things start to fill the space.
BEEGONE

Wrong trousers boy? Not seen for years!