Striker signing anxiety

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
PBBee

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Tuesds wrote:
BeeinBristol wrote:Apparently Fylde's Danny Rowe has put in a transfer request today. Would expect from what i have heard that he would want to stay in the North West.
I expect that the request was a last-minute attempt to force a move to a Football League club before the deadline passes tonight.
Didn’t it close at 5pm? Very last minute attempt if so
Tuesds

The news that he has handed in a transfer request was reported this afternoon. I don’t know what time/day he made the request, but it would seem to be a bit of a coincidence that this news should come out today (via his agent, perhaps?).
Last edited by Tuesds on 02 Sep 2019, 21:34, edited 1 time in total.
beew

There will be strikers waking up tomorrow knowing that they will need to adjust their expectations to get a club. I expect an announcement of a transfer soon, but knowing how TK works that won't happen till just before our next game which is a fortnight off. #save12dayswages.
northantsbee

Tuesds wrote:The news that he has handed in a transfer request was reported this afternoon. I don’t know what time/day he made the request, but it would seem to be a bit of a coincidence that this news should come out today (via his agent, perhaps?).
He's still got nearly an hour before he turns up at a Scottish Prem side
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/
beew

Having seen the recent footage on Tarpey, who is certainly producing the goods for Woking, the big question must be why he chose to leave us. I know everyone will say part time football but is that really the reason?
#Beebot

beew wrote:Having seen the recent footage on Tarpey, who is certainly producing the goods for Woking, the big question must be why he chose to leave us. I know everyone will say part time football but is that really the reason?
Yes. He earns more playing part time + day job than we were prepared to offer him full time. He was very well paid in his initial two year deal.
beew

#Beebot wrote:
beew wrote:Having seen the recent footage on Tarpey, who is certainly producing the goods for Woking, the big question must be why he chose to leave us. I know everyone will say part time football but is that really the reason?
Yes. He earns more playing part time + day job than we were prepared to offer him full time. He was very well paid in his initial two year deal.
Think there’s more to it myself. How can he be so fit and willing at Woking but not when at Barnet. He had loan spells at them after his ACL to get him back on track but when he returned to us he didn’t seem interested. Signs for them a few weeks later and now he’s back to what he did before he signed for us.
Norfolkbee

beew wrote:
#Beebot wrote:
Think there’s more to it myself. How can he be so fit and willing at Woking but not when at Barnet. He had loan spells at them after his ACL to get him back on track but when he returned to us he didn’t seem interested. Signs for them a few weeks later and now he’s back to what he did before he signed for us.
He came to us to play League football, but unfortunately we can no longer offer him it. His injury probably meant no Leagje club would take a gamble on him, so he might just as well revert to part-time, earn two wages and enjoy his football (something he didn't seem go be doing with us at the end of last season).
Jon83

#Beebot wrote:
Exactly this. I'm pretty certain that when he signed for Woking, his first/signing interview was done in the evening as he had already gone back to work!

He also rejected the chance to go to Coventry (prior to signing for us) as it wasn't the correct move for him financially.
Psycho

That Tshimanga is on fire for Boring Wood. Two goals in the opening 18 minutes so far.

What a signing he would have made.
pletch99

Tarpey was injured most of the time he was with us. However, we certainly saw glimpses of what could have been for a few games in our good run last season. He was outstanding in the home game against Harrogate and a couple of other games around the same time, although playing as the attacking midfielder, rather than right up front. He then disappeared from the team which cannot have been based on his performances. One imagines that he had already communicated his decision to go back to full time work and go back to part time football and that once we were safe Currie decided to give game time to people who were either sticking around or where he needed to make his mind up.

It is such a shame that his spell with us was so blighted by injury - he always looked a player, but clear wasn't match sharp for most of his time with us.
becbee

Psycho wrote:That Tshimanga is on fire for Boring Wood. Two goals in the opening 18 minutes so far.

What a signing he would have made.
Not that he'd scored in his previous 5 matches.
barnetjohn

I heard that he was reluctantant to go full time two years ago because his other job was quite successful so wanted high wages to compensate him for putting that to one side. My guess is that given his injury history the wages he could command as a pro were reduced given the risk of not recovering fully / getting another injury. If so, it's, natural that he'd be looking for a part-time deal.
Bee_Forever

Pretty much this.

Still no sign of a striker. Looks like we have given up on promotion this season.

Instead we have signed an attacking midfielder to replace an injured defensive midfielder.

Makes perfect sense.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
beew

A striker will come in on loan by Thursday. That's my prediction.