scoreboard in the east stand

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

scoreboard in the east stand

Postby First Half Only » 04 Aug 2019, 08:01

Any chance of this actually working properly
Rnet 0 Ovil 0 just looks so tinpot doesnt it.

Then towards the end we had Braintrees badge up there and home team 1 away team 3.
I suppose they have only had 3 months to sort it out.
First Half Only

Re: scoreboard in the east stand

Postby Psycho » 04 Aug 2019, 08:04

Maybe Mystic Meg has been hired to predict our FA Cup qualifying round opponents and result?
Psycho

Postby Ajtheone04 » 04 Aug 2019, 08:07

It was working perfectly fine when they had the adverts on it before the game started and then as soon as they changed it to the standard Barnet 0
Yeovil 0
It broke and it just got worse from there
Ajtheone04

Postby hoppy » 04 Aug 2019, 08:13

Speakers still not working in the South terrace.
Surely a H & S requirement?
hoppy

Postby BeeDeceived » 04 Aug 2019, 19:38

First Half Only wrote:Any chance of this actually working properly

Then towards the end we had Braintrees badge up there and home team 1 away team 3.

Worked fine throughout pre-season. Would you rather the club spent a significant amount of money on a dodgy scoreboard or invest it in the playing budget.

I’m pretty happy with a dodgy scoreboard and a winning team than the other way around.

Typical Barnet fans can’t help but have a moan.
BeeDeceived

Postby djhdjh » 04 Aug 2019, 19:56

Oh yeah, that's where we've been going wrong all these years. If only we'd had a crap scoreboard we'd be in the Championship by now. In fact, we had no scoreboard at all at Underhill, maybe you're onto something...
djhdjh

Postby amberforever » 04 Aug 2019, 20:01

It did look like Bovril 0 which afforded me an ironic smile.
amberforever

Postby becbee » 04 Aug 2019, 20:12

The score board was a bit of a disaster but what bothered me more was how the 3 nominees for Man of the Match stayed up for so long. Fair enough to put them up but I was far more concerned as to how much longer there was left to play, how much longer we had to hold on than to watch 3 names going round and round.
becbee

Postby Reckless » 05 Aug 2019, 08:29

Scoreboard not working, queue at turnstile, insufficient stewards, no Bovril, lack of recognised Centre Forward, Indian wedding interfering with Match Day, over 20 minutes getting out of car park, sitting neat someone I don't like, and two dead pigeons in the water tank.
Otherwise Okay?
Reckless

Postby becbee » 05 Aug 2019, 08:47

Reckless wrote:Scoreboard not working, queue at turnstile, insufficient stewards, no Bovril, lack of recognised Centre Forward, Indian wedding interfering with Match Day, over 20 minutes getting out of car park, sitting neat someone I don't like, and two dead pigeons in the water tank.
Otherwise Okay?

How did it take you 20 minutes to get out of the car park? It has taken me ages in the past but yesterday we left the ground about 5 minutes after the final whistle and drove straight out.
becbee

Postby hoppy » 05 Aug 2019, 08:51

Reckless wrote:Scoreboard not working, queue at turnstile, insufficient stewards, no Bovril, lack of recognised Centre Forward, Indian wedding interfering with Match Day, over 20 minutes getting out of car park, sitting neat someone I don't like, and two dead pigeons in the water tank.
Otherwise Okay?

I'm sure the club apologised for most of those, Reckless, but I wouldn't know for sure as the speakers weren't working in the South terrace.
hoppy

Postby barnetpete » 05 Aug 2019, 08:53

becbee wrote:
How did it take you 20 minutes to get out of the car park?

Reckless is talking hypothetically as he stayed at home to watch the cricket and save my left ear from his bleating.
Do you shop on Amazon? Please consider donating, at no extra cost to yourself, to help Children & Young People in Barnet, via https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1164713-0, Amazon will donate to Young Barnet Foundation with every purchase.
barnetpete

Postby First Half Only » 05 Aug 2019, 10:01

BeeDeceived wrote:

Worked fine throughout pre-season. Would you rather the club spent a significant amount of money on a dodgy scoreboard or invest it in the playing budget.

I’m pretty happy with a dodgy scoreboard and a winning team than the other way around.

How do you know it would cost a significant amount if money to fix?? are you a scoreboard maintenance expert?

it's a scoreboard... cant imagine it takes too much investment
to get it working ok..
I'm just suggesting rather than keep it up there looking tinpot then maybe just switch the whole thing off.

Believe me theres many many more things I could moan about.
First Half Only

Postby BeeDeceived » 05 Aug 2019, 10:56

First Half Only wrote:
BeeDeceived wrote:

I'm just suggesting rather than keep it up there looking tinpot then maybe just switch the whole thing off.

And then people will moan that it's off :whistle:
BeeDeceived

Postby First Half Only » 05 Aug 2019, 11:49

BeeDeceived wrote:
First Half Only wrote:
BeeDeceived wrote:

And then people will moan that it's off :whistle:

Better being off than showing the Braintree badge and Home team 1 away team 3 no???
First Half Only

Next

Return to General Barnet Chat