Maidenhead (Hive) The Maid in Waiting Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
CambsBee

Re: Maidenhead (Hive) The Maid in Waiting Match Thread

I would do this was my son, please excuse the question, but where does it take place?
john dockers shorts

Legends bar.... So the bar under the main stand
hoofer2

Couldn't go but well done Bees. Great to have another scorer for the season. Proof you cannot just rely on a number 9.

Great there were so many suggestions for man of match. Really hope to make Tuesday
Mikel Bee

john dockers shorts wrote:Legends bar.... So the bar under the main stand
How long after the game?
CambsBee

john dockers shorts wrote:Legends bar.... So the bar under the main stand
Excellent, thanks, if I take my eldest on his own I will definitely hang around for it
Mikel Bee

Was impressed with Loic Hernandez's debut. Played like a player with plenty of experience.
Nudger70

Really enjoyed Vasillous 15 minute cameo and thought Barham had some nice touches. Great to see Wesley very busy all game.
Itai-bee

Mikel Bee wrote:Was impressed with Loic Hernandez's debut. Played like a player with plenty of experience.
Agreed. He Looked very comfortable and assured.

I think Curries doing a marvellous job so far.
We are starting to look like a decent hardworking team again.
The players are starting to look like they really care and it’s been a long time since I can say that.That’s down to Currie.
I thought we were excellent in the first half and battled well in the second.
The strikers are working so much harder off the ball.
The midfield is slowly getting better and Santos has been exceptional.
A very long way to go.But we are slowly starting to move in the right direction.

(That’s the kiss of death. We will probably lose 0-4 to Aldershot on Tuesday night )
barnetpete

Strong performance again. Can see they have been working on the attacking play, didn’t always work out but the patterns of play are there to see. DC, Junior and all the lads deserve praise and fans backing. When you look at how many were out it is even more impressive.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
Ajtheone04

Mikel Bee wrote:Was impressed with Loic Hernandez's debut. Played like a player with plenty of experience.
Here's a question then. Let's assume tutondas contract is up at the end of the season would you still keep him or trust into developing loic Hernandez more as a 2nd choice. Lb
let_it_bee

beesknees99 wrote:I have to say Charlee Adams is having an absolute shocker. Needs to come off ASAP.
Yeah, right - apart from our only decent strike on goal in the first half. And the shot that lead to the goal. It's a bit like that old Monty Python 'what have the Romans ever done for us' sketch.

The fact is you need someone in that position who's going to put in a shift, give some protection to the back 4 and break up their play in midfield. Ok, one or two misplaced passes is the price you pay (alongside numerous good ones). He'd be one of the first names on the team sheet for me, at least until Dunne is back (I guess you probably wouldn't want to play both of them).

I think one thing to bear in mind yesterday was that Maidenhead were, for the most part, rock solid in defence and very difficult to break down. Yes our approach play was rather 'patient' at times, but we're much better at protecting the ball than last season, and eventually chances will come. I think at the moment our style is better suited to playing away from home, but nevertheless it was a well-deserved victory yesterday.
becbee

Neither Adams nor anybody else had a shocker yesterday, it was a hardworking team performance from 12 fully committed players ( the last 2 subs weren't on long enough to comment upon).
Thought Loic Hernandez did very well. Understandably he initially looked nervous but soon settled, he should be pleased with his debut performance. Really good to see Wes Fonguck back. Santos was my MotM, he makes such a difference, especially against such physical opposition.
Another very poor referee. Maidenhead's tactics required strong control, the ref had no control and after the goal they just got worse. The foul on Alexander in the second half was a potential leg breaker yet their player wasn't even booked.
Let's just hope the team came through the match unscathed, we really look to be down to the bare bones.
hoppy

becbee wrote:Neither Adams nor anybody else had a shocker yesterday, it was a hardworking team performance from 12 fully committed players ( the last 2 subs weren't on long enough to comment upon).
Thought Loic Hernandez did very well. Understandably he initially looked nervous but soon settled, he should be pleased with his debut performance. Really good to see Wes Fonguck back. Santos was my MotM, he makes such a difference, especially against such physical opposition.
Another very poor referee. Maidenhead's tactics required strong control, the ref had no control and after the goal they just got worse. The foul on Alexander in the second half was a potential leg breaker yet their player wasn't even booked.
Let's just hope the team came through the match unscathed, we really look to be down to the bare bones.
Agree with virtually all of that. Every player put in a really good shift.
I was surprised that Alan Devonshire has put together such a physical team, and, for a team in 4th spot in the league, his team played in such a negative way.
There was only one team showing skilful football and that was the team which won.
Maidenhead deserved nothing from the game and got nothing. They were very fortunate that the match referee was one of the most lenient referees I have seen for a long time.
rudebwoyben

becbee wrote:Neither Adams nor anybody else had a shocker yesterday, it was a hardworking team performance from 12 fully committed players ( the last 2 subs weren't on long enough to comment upon).
I’m pretty sure Whitehall did get yellow-carded for that shocker but it should have been red.
I too was impressed Loic on his debut.