Darren Currie deserves your support

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoofer2

Darren Currie deserves your support

To the stay away fans it's time to return. The managerial merry go round has finally stopped at a keeper.

A Barnet man through and through who knows what it means to wear the black and amber.

Based on recent seasons, if you had told me that after 10 matches with a perceived second string squad we would have only lost 1 match, been in a play-off place and actually have a +5 goal difference (a miracle) I would have guffawed at the beginning of the season.

He took us on a fabulous cup run last season, and it's clear he knows the strengths and weaknesses of his squad better than we think we do. We are showing defensive resilience where previously were porous, goals are being scored across the team where previously they came from just the number 9, playing attractive football with players improving all the time, and have real competition for most positions (except right back unless Mauro is fancied there)

The way we are playing, it's no longer a given that those out injured will get their place back - it's a testament to our progress.

As for off the field - I think this has been the best pre-season for years. New kit was out early, decent PSFs lined up, ticket prices were known very early on, continuity on the pitch in spite of injuries, togetherness between players/management and fans.

Currie wanted to improve the squad, not have a like for like replacement. Loach and Dunne have clearly improved us. Not sure it's fair to call TK tight given number of transfer fees paid over recent seasons, however our attendances and John Still's 2 year contracts will not have helped.

I think TK has been very astute taking a back step and allowing Currie to talk all things football.

Time to start bee-lieving again
Last edited by hoofer2 on 18 Sep 2019, 16:00, edited 1 time in total.
Roy57

Re: Darren Currie deserves your support

Good post. Totally agree. Instead of negatives let's look at all the positives. As mentioned in above post there are a lot of them that should have supporters excited and proud to have a manager and team singing from the same page.
Nlites123

Hell yeah - I'm even driving my daughter up to Notts next Tuesday for Uni, and then back the same day to make the Ebbsfleet game!

COYB!!
jamesharpin1

Perfect post. Need to boost the attendances which in turn will boost the players even more. Maybe we should do a promo for the Solihull game to get as many in as possible.
CrawleyBee

100% agree. We know you’re out there!
Formerly Watfordbee
ninestein

Absolutely. Isn't it great that we have finally got our act together on the pitch and can look forward to watching a competitive side once again. If it's the football which was making people drift away, the issue has been fixed. But it's not just on here we need to get this message across. The 1,000 die-hards already know we're playing well. How do we communicate with the others?
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
adher36

Absolutely.

The players and manager are doing everything possible in order to make it a successful season for our club. Last night was a good atmosphere in the second half by those who bothered to attend.

Good results and performances doesn't seem to entice our stayaways into returning though. They turn up for the big games, then don't bother to attend a matter of days later when free tickets are dished out. Very odd.
Patel89

Excellent post well written I will be missing the next home game but me plus two will be in for the next three

Well done and come on let's support the Bee's
buzzinbee

I think a lot of the 'stay away fans' and all the ones I know fully support Darren and that has been the way since he took the helm, the non-attendance is for other reasons. If you go to any of one of Brickfield Lane, Summers Lane, Parkfield, Chalk Lane, SJP or others, you will only hear encouragement words for DC but none of the stay-aways rules out 'the managerial merry go round'.

The public sniping of some so-called loyal supporters not only on this forum but on other platforms doesn't bring encouragement or a togetherness which DC mention and asked for last week. Instead of contractual resigning comments about Pavey, the majority were negative and questioning DC.

Like a long-term relationship, the strains of it has taken its toll, some have moved on with best wishes to the Club but occasion get-togethers do happen.

Why not come alone to Hadley (vs Cockfosters) tonight to entice the stay-away fans to attend a match at THL.
hoofer2

buzzinbee wrote:I think a lot of the 'stay away fans' and all the ones I know fully support Darren and that has been the way since he took the helm, the non-attendance is for other reasons. If you go to any of one of Brickfield Lane, Summers Lane, Parkfield, Chalk Lane, SJP or others, you will only hear encouragement words for DC but none of the stay-aways rules out 'the managerial merry go round'.

The public sniping of some so-called loyal supporters not only on this forum but on other platforms doesn't bring encouragement or a togetherness which DC mention and asked for last week. Instead of contractual resigning comments about Pavey, the majority were negative and questioning DC.

Like a long-term relationship, the strains of it has taken its toll, some have moved on with best wishes to the Club but occasion get-togethers do happen.

Why not come alone to Hadley (vs Cockfosters) tonight to entice the stay-away fans to attend a match at THL.
There was no sniping at all in my post. Hadley and Cockfosters are not Barnet and should be relegated to the other football section on this board. Each to their own
buzzinbee

hoofer2 wrote:
buzzinbee wrote:I think a lot of the 'stay away fans' and all the ones I know fully support Darren and that has been the way since he took the helm, the non-attendance is for other reasons. If you go to any of one of Brickfield Lane, Summers Lane, Parkfield, Chalk Lane, SJP or others, you will only hear encouragement words for DC but none of the stay-aways rules out 'the managerial merry go round'.

There was no sniping at all in my post. Hadley and Cockfosters are not Barnet and should be relegated to the other football section on this board. Each to their own
I was not saying you were. Agree 99% of the contents of your post, just gave my opinion on why others might not be supporting DC and the squad in person. To you or anyone else addressing or making overzealous statements to stay away fans is why I suggested you come to Brickfield Lane this evening and tempt some back. Nothing negative I would be pleased if it could achieved a couple more back to physical support Darren and the Squad.

Hadley and Cockfosters are more local and interactive with the community of Barnet. And was Bury just an exception to the other football section, as you say each to their own.

Edd1's post in 'Where have the crowds gone' thread is why I posted what I said.
barnet_pls

Great original post. DC deserves far more support and an increase in fans attending, he's done a great job so far.
Tuesds

Yes, great original post. I would add that in addition to a manager who is Barnet through and through, we also have numerous exciting young players who are products of our own academy system. Mason-Clark, Fonguck, Vasiliou, Jack Taylor et al are all brilliant to watch in full flow, and they're all getting better.

Of course, being fifth in September doesn't mean a great deal in itself; we were only two points worse off at the same stage last season, and that went nowhere fast! However, this manager and team do have a lot of good things going for them.

So yes, let's give them the backing they deserve and enjoy it when the football's decent, as it broadly has been so far.
BoingBoingDazzleArmy

Absolutely agree. Good to see some positivity on here for once

Isn't it strange that now the team are in the play off places and have won three in a row that *certain* supporters have suddenly disappeared from this forum and twitter.... hmmmm
LoudmouthBFC

BoingBoingDazzleArmy wrote:Absolutely agree. Good to see some positivity on here for once

Isn't it strange that now the team are in the play off places and have won three in a row that *certain* supporters have suddenly disappeared from this forum and twitter.... hmmmm

Like who?