Where have the crowds gone

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Re: Where have the crowds gone

Postby ninestein » 20 Sep 2019, 21:48

beesknees99 wrote:
hoofer2 wrote:
aclassman wrote:I was a season ticket holder for many years and even after we moved to the Hive I continued till 2 year ago.
To me its the lack of atmosphere that is driving supporters away and not necessarily the ticket price or the football being played as that has improved a lot under DC.
Some fans moan about all these extra fans that turn up for the big games like Sheffield away and Brentford at home.
Well yes those fans do pick and choose games but these games are the ones with an atmosphere.
To get the crowds back, then TK needs somehow to create an atmosphere but I don't know how that's possible to do.
Maybe a band behind the goal like the FA have at every game.
We miss the drummer and the old east terrace and that's killed the crowd off more than the football or moving to edgeware has

NB The drummer couldn't drum, though would take the Aldershot drummer.
The atmosphere at the HIve has been one of inflated expectation with inevitable disappointment. Perhaps this year it's started with inevitable disappointment (primary focus on not having a number '9')
whereas Currie is now bringing some inflated expectation L)

We'll never recreate the "Barry Fry era" again as football has changed, and that was over 25 years ago !!!!
And if we analyse our fanbase, I bet you the recruitment of new fans ground to a halt when we at Underhill and we are gradually losing the regular core week on week.

It's a hard sell these days for me to persuade my boys to come to watch Barnet. The rhetoric of the Premier League and Champions League inferring other football is less exciting
and the playground glory hunters play a big part of this. It's the younger generations that have to bee attracted to watch Barnet as they are the future.

Success on the pitch with community incentives is the only way to fill the gap from the sadly departing regulars.

I have wondered for a couple of seasons now if playing some games on Sundays may attract a bigger crowd given the Jewish community living in the area.
The atmosphere at the Palace PSF was great because of their attendance.

Sorry, which drummer couldn’t drum?

One assumes the one we let go on a free transfer to Eastleigh? :D
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
ninestein

Postby finchleyman » 14 Oct 2019, 10:50

I am pleased to announce that the food seems to have improved. I enjoyed a really good bacon roll on Saturday (still not on par with the old crispy cheese rolls!!) and the coffee was excellent. However, to the eleven items first mentioned we can now add the lack of a shuttle bus.

I can only see the crowds lessening.
finchleyman

Postby StephenM » 14 Oct 2019, 12:34

finchleyman wrote:I am pleased to announce that the food seems to have improved. I enjoyed a really good bacon roll on Saturday (still not on par with the old crispy cheese rolls!!) and the coffee was excellent. However, to the eleven items first mentioned we can now add the lack of a shuttle bus.

By about 5.
StephenM

Postby rudebwoyben » 14 Oct 2019, 12:41

finchleyman wrote:I am pleased to announce that the food seems to have improved. I enjoyed a really good bacon roll on Saturday (still not on par with the old crispy cheese rolls!!) and the coffee was excellent. However, to the eleven items first mentioned we can now add the lack of a shuttle bus.

The shuttle bus that one person used on Tuesday and an average of 10 people have been using for Saturday matches?
rudebwoyben

Postby jerroll » 14 Oct 2019, 12:44

rudebwoyben wrote:

The shuttle bus that one person used on Tuesday and an average of 10 people have been using for Saturday matches?

Didn't run midweeks - was a Saturday only service!
jerroll

Postby alexbach » 14 Oct 2019, 18:53

If I might suggest another factor,and as I lived or worked in Burnt Oak over twenty years.The Hive is roughly equidistant between QPR and Watford So a high standard of football available two bus journeys away,and unlike the Arsenal, Tottenham or Chelsea you can often walk in on the day Taught or know a fair few followers of both sides

Sent from my 5033X using Tapatalk
alexbach

Postby Mr Smart » 14 Oct 2019, 18:59

Sign Luisma, they’ll come flocking back. Simple.
Mr Smart

Postby alexbach » 14 Oct 2019, 19:16

[
Last edited by alexbach on 15 Oct 2019, 11:40, edited 1 time in total.
alexbach

Postby alexbach » 14 Oct 2019, 19:24

alexbach wrote:
Mr Smart wrote:Sign Luisma, they’ll come flocking back. Simple.
That as well Mr smart Three years ago QPR played Dundee united in a pre season friendly at the Hive

Travelled to the hive with Emma and her mates She reckoned we are her second team, and like Darren Currie attended Whitefield schoolImage

alexbach

Postby StephenM » 14 Oct 2019, 22:28

The Hive looks different from that angle.
StephenM

Postby jerroll » 14 Oct 2019, 22:47

StephenM wrote:The Hive looks different from that angle.

Similar volumes of noise though!
jerroll

Postby alexbach » 15 Oct 2019, 12:15

jerroll wrote:
StephenM wrote:The Hive looks different from that angle.

Similar volumes of noise though!

Emma would possibly write a "Lol" at this juncture, but I taught her well
alexbach

Previous

Return to General Barnet Chat