Darrens comments

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Tynant14

Darrens comments

As a Barnet supporter for many years and a supporter of DC I was surprised and to be honest upset with the comments from DC at the player of the match presentation at the Hive ths evening.
Today was not the greatest performance by Barnet. To hear DC say that the Solihull keeper had a great game was a surprise considering the number of shots we had.
For DC to say that this would be the last presentation in The Legends as there was no support was to be honest unbelievable.
Would it not have been better to say thank you to the supportes who had stayed after what was not a great game.
Sorry very disappointed.
#Beebot

Re: Darrens comments

Solihull's keeper made one decent save from Wes. Otherwise everything was straight at him plus loads of crosses.

Darren's heart doesn't always appear to be in this. I sympathise with him up to a point but he seems to think the crowd must lift the players rather than the other way round. It's very hard to really get behind a team who move the ball forward so slowly. We were urging them forward all game but got nothing back.
LoudmouthBFC

Tynant14 wrote:As a Barnet supporter for many years and a supporter of DC I was surprised and to be honest upset with the comments from DC at the player of the match presentation at the Hive ths evening.
Today was not the greatest performance by Barnet. To hear DC say that the Solihull keeper had a great game was a surprise considering the number of shots we had.
For DC to say that this would be the last presentation in The Legends as there was no support was to be honest unbelievable.
Would it not have been better to say thank you to the supportes who had stayed after what was not a great game.
Sorry very disappointed.

Careful now, you might join me on the list with comments like this..........................
john dockers shorts

Don't blame him for stopping it.
Embarrassing presenting man of the match in front of just a few.
Tynant14

Better performances would encourage more to stay for the presentation.
antbfc

absolutely, perhaps if fans are entertained, the atmosphere improves and people feel more involved. Poor comment from DC, similar to the open training session attitude.
becbee

However good the match ever is, there are many of us who have no wish to go in the bar for 30 minutes or so after the final whistle. Especially those of us who are driving so can't drink.
DC's heart seems to be in the right place but he must accept that there are many fans who only want / are able to watch the match itself, not build our social life around the club.
CrawleyBee

He has a point. The support is pathetic at the moment.
Formerly Watfordbee
Mickbee

watfordbee wrote:He has a point. The support is pathetic at the moment.

Ask yourself why? If we were watching exciting winning football or even one of those two the support would be better and increase.
#Beebot

If you were a first timer watching that game today, would you come back? We're doing nothing on the pitch to keep anyone other than the die hards coming.
CrawleyBee

Please even if we were knocking the ball around like Brazil, we would still get about 1k home fans. Sad state of affairs.
Formerly Watfordbee
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

becbee wrote:However good the match ever is, there are many of us who have no wish to go in the bar for 30 minutes or so after the final whistle. Especially those of us who are driving so can't drink.
DC's heart seems to be in the right place but he must accept that there are many fans who only want / are able to watch the match itself, not build our social life around the club.
You are right. Most of the supporters I know live a long way from the Hive. I get there early, have a beer and something to eat. I can’t stay afterwards as well.
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
lemming3k

Tynant14 wrote:For DC to say that this would be the last presentation in The Legends as there was no support was to be honest unbelievable.
Sorry very disappointed.
I can understand his frustration, but that's a disappointing response. I'm sure it's greatly appreciated by those that turn up and it's exactly the sort of thing you have to do to build a rapport with fans; To stop doing it after a few bad games and blame the fans for not turning up is pretty poor.

Sums our club up though really. The fans get on the players backs after a few minutes, and the club doesn't value what little support they have left.
Mickbee

I work night shifts,worked last night so had about 41/2 hours kip before getting up to go to the footy, whi h means a 40ish minute drive. Back on a 12 hour shift tonight. My message to DC a 12 hour shift is easier following a win.
Would I stay behind on a weekend off, yes if there was a decent ale to drink. Just the one of course, or even get the train down for a change.
ccollis_869

I didn’t even know they did this for a start