Mo Bettamer Departs

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ninestein

Mo Bettamer Departs

Mo has left the club. Contract cancelled by mutual consent.
Probably for the best all round. Never really broke into the side, and now he can find his level elsewhere. Best to free up the wages now. Squad trimmed down by 1.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
hoofer2

Re: Mo Bettamer Departs

ninestein wrote:Mo has left the club. Contract cancelled by mutual consent.
Probably for the best all round. Never really broke into the side, and now he can find his level elsewhere. Best to free up the wages now. Squad trimmed down by 1.
Reminded me very much of Dani Lopez. Flashes of good play but perpetually not match fit and carrying too much timber
MCB

Arguably never given the chance. Bloke still scored 6 goals in 16 league starts in our league last year. Just none in his 2 starts for us.

Arguably John Still's wrong solution to the right problem, and once again a ridiculous length contract.

Cheers Stilly.
#Beebot

Best decision for all parties. Barely made a match day squad after DC came in. Can't help but feel he wasted his chance here, after years toiling away in non-league and abroad I'd have thought he'd hit the ground running but he just looked overweight and not particularly interested during his time here.
Beesting

hoofer2 wrote:
ninestein wrote:Mo has left the club. Contract cancelled by mutual consent.
Reminded me very much of Dani Lopez. Flashes of good play but perpetually not match fit and carrying too much timber
And Dani Lopez had footballing talent.
BoingBoingDazzleArmy

MCB wrote:Arguably never given the chance.
Would also argue that the coaching staff see him every day in training?
Psycho

A bit surprised that his goalscoring record was that high. Never looked fully focused but he was consistently in and out of the side. If he never got on with DC allegedly, I guess there's only ever going to be one winner.

Best of luck for the future, Mo.
MCB

BoingBoingDazzleArmy wrote:
I'd like to think due diligence would have been done before paying money for him and giving him a 2 year contract.

Admittedly I did once breeze through a job interview and was massively under equipped for the job in hand, and also left, albeit probably with a smaller pay off than Mo.
#Beebot

MCB wrote:
BoingBoingDazzleArmy wrote:
I'd like to think due diligence would have been done before paying money for him and giving him a 2 year contract.

Admittedly I did once breeze through a job interview and was massively under equipped for the job in hand, and also left, albeit probably with a smaller pay off than Mo.
42 goals in 87 games for Staines plus 5 in 16 for a very poor Braintree suggested he knew where the goal was.

Wasn't a bad signing on paper, he just never seemed to put the effort in here.
#Beebot

Rumour on Twitter that he is about to join Aldershot. Their strikeforce is absolutely appalling, so despite his shortcomings he would still be an upgrade so makes sense for both parties.
#Beebot

Fair play to Mo for leaving a friendly goodbye message which he didn't have to do.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MoBettz/stat ... 26/photo/1
Mem Beespod

Psycho wrote:A bit surprised that his goalscoring record was that high. Never looked fully focused but he was consistently in and out of the side. If he never got on with DC allegedly, I guess there's only ever going to be one winner.

Best of luck for the future, Mo.
I remember watching his highlights reel where usually players are made to look like Messi, but he looked so ordinary.

I’d heard that he wasn’t the smartest footballer and just couldn’t get to grips with what was expected of him.
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
Norfolkbee

Bettamer and Harrison were both decent signings ON PAPER, but you have to wonder how much of them JS actually saw of them before engaging their services. Certainly DC had little time for either of them.
#Beebot