Fleetwood (Hive) The Match Thread with Dreams of a Cup Run

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
#Beebot

Re: Fleetwood (Hive) The Match Thread with Dreams of a Cup R

beesknees99 wrote:
#Beebot wrote:Harsh truth is that we now look worse than we did under Still. On a tight budget, Currie needed to make more astute signings, rather than just adding two more centre mids and signing an average forward and no wingers.

The playing style is all wrong. There is only so much you can blame the squad. We are frequently good enough to dominate possession, so why can't we create chances or defend crosses?

Currie looks to be running out of ideas.
He never really had any ideas in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a little harsh. He gave a very dour team a new lease of life, but he doesn't look to be adaptable.

It's been a tough first gig for him and I wouldn't pull the plug yet but he is on the kind of run that will get him sacked if it continues for another month.
BeesKnees99

john dockers shorts wrote:I really want DC to do well and I wonder if Klopp or Pep would do much better. I hope we can dig some performances and results out.

I want to see how good DC is with his own. We can all wave goodbye to bulk of this boring squad in the summer.
I will personally hold the door open for Reynolds, Alexander, Boucaud and Sparkes on their way out. But I don’t think the “bulk” of this squad is going anywhere.

Get a proper striker in, some more grit/experience in the squad, and a captain who actually LEADS.

I can’t believe it but I am actually warming to the idea of a Mad Dog return.
#Beebot

john dockers shorts wrote:I really want DC to do well and I wonder if Klopp or Pep would do much better. I hope we can dig some performances and results out.

I want to see how good DC is with his own. We can all wave goodbye to bulk of this boring squad in the summer.
The problem is that there is a LOT of football to be played in that time and as a professional football club we shouldn't be writing off that many games.

I don't believe that a team built in Currie's image will be immune from the ineffective sideways passing style when Currie has shown he is unable to deviate from it. Not everyone in this squad is terrible.

The best managers adapt to circumstances.
#Beebot

beesknees99 wrote:

I will personally hold the door open for Reynolds, Alexander, Boucaud and Sparkes on their way out. But I don’t think the “bulk” of this squad is going anywhere.

Get a proper striker in, some more grit/experience in the squad, and a captain who actually LEADS.

I can’t believe it but I am actually warming to the idea of a Mad Dog return.
I don't think MA is a long term solution for us but there are some things he does that we desperately need right now:

1) Offloading players not needed - he did this SO quickly when he took over in 17/18. He hates having a large squad and works very hard to trim unnecessary depth.

2) Immediately working on organisation and shape which are the first things you need to work on when you are on a poor run.

3) Pushing TK to get key signings done. Currie has really struggled with this.
Norfolk & Chance

Just watching the fa cup highlights.
Maldon & Tiptree would have tonked us too.
Great to see proper, proud non league clubs, playing with passion and guts, proud of their old non league stadiums,
and happy fans cheering them on.
Where did it all go wrong !
Last edited by Norfolk & Chance on 10 Nov 2019, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.
Psycho

That's the depressing thing though. Life is far too short to be writing off seasons and hoping next year will be better with a new set of players. I really hope we win on Wednesday night against Cambridge in the FA Youth Cup and blood some of the youngsters if this season fizzles out in the colder months. Play them if we're in mid table and we might have something to get excited about and have pride about playing for the Barnet shirt. The youngster today, Chimes, looked promising.
mcleod23

Another tedious boring afternoon. How many games do we watch that follow the exact same pattern? We then hear the same thing in the interview post-match. He’s sounding desperate now.

The obsession with this 4/2/3/1 is beyond a joke now. Why on earth did we wait until the 80th minute to put another striker on? Currie doesn’t make proactive or reactive subs, baffled what he sees on the pitch.

We’ve seen this performance umpteen times this season. Might as well copy and paste the same summaries.

Bored. Need an injection of excitement, fun, fight and organisation. I wonder who could provide us that?
pgbee

mcleod23 wrote:Another tedious boring afternoon. How many games do we watch that follow the exact same pattern? We then hear the same thing in the interview post-match. He’s sounding desperate now.

The obsession with this 4/2/3/1 is beyond a joke now. Why on earth did we wait until the 80th minute to put another striker on? Currie doesn’t make proactive or reactive subs, baffled what he sees on the pitch.

We’ve seen this performance umpteen times this season. Might as well copy and paste the same summaries.

Bored. Need an injection of excitement, fun, fight and organisation. I wonder who could provide us that?
A cup run could have provided that as it did last year. Teams have sussed that our cup run last was achieved by playing on the break. If they sit back we got no clue...
Nudger70

We were at home in the cup against a team two tiers higher surely you’ve gotta try and pressure them and throw them out of there rhythm. Their 2 trees of centre backs had an isolated Walker to manage had cigars out all day. I’m afraid at the moment Mauro looks like a luxury we can ill afford. No shots on target not even a yellow card . Disappointing to see fans on here pleased they didn’t go bad signs.
hoofer2

I was disappointed to hear booing today, especially as we were playing a team 5th in League One. It took a lot of probing from Fleetwood until they eventually found a way to score.

Fleetwood showed what it takes to be a top 5 league one team. The cynical obstructions, going down easily to get free kicks, closing down space very quickly - 3 onto EMC as soon as he came on, better delivery of ball with power and precision.

It's clear there was no penetration from our front three against a tall defense, and if we are to make further progress we have to get height into the team. We are lacking at set pieces though do keep ball well.

I was expecting to see Elito come on. He is better than EMC and has the guile that we were missing linking midfield to strikers. Walker didn't stand a chance. EMC showed a couple of glimpses today when cutting inside but has to show intelligence on the wing. So many times he comes short for the ball when full back urges him to make a run.

The most telling moment for me was Eliot Johnson berating Sweeney after the first goal. He is not disciplined enough to be a centre half, but need his height in centre midfield
Tynant14

Same crap, different day.
becbee

The fact is that we had no shots on target so were never going to score. The match was boring and the outcome predictable. Yes, some of our play was ok, yes, I've seen worse performances from us this season. But am I gutted that we're out of the FA Cup - no. Because it was never going to be any different.

Matrevics wasn't on the bench this afternoon, does anybody know why not? If injured, maybe he won't get an International call up for next weekend?
JOHNBFC

hoofer2 wrote:I was disappointed to hear booing today, especially as we were playing a team 5th in League One. It took a lot of probing from Fleetwood until they eventually found a way to score.

Fleetwood showed what it takes to be a top 5 league one team. The cynical obstructions, going down easily to get free kicks, closing down space very quickly - 3 onto EMC as soon as he came on, better delivery of ball with power and precision.

It's clear there was no penetration from our front three against a tall defense, and if we are to make further progress we have to get height into the team. We are lacking at set pieces though do keep ball well.

I was expecting to see Elito come on. He is better than EMC and has the guile that we were missing linking midfield to strikers. Walker didn't stand a chance. EMC showed a couple of glimpses today when cutting inside but has to show intelligence on the wing. So many times he comes short for the ball when full back urges him to make a run.

The most telling moment for me was Eliot Johnson berating Sweeney after the first goal. He is not disciplined enough to be a centre half, but need his height in centre midfield
That’s not the point. The point is there was little fight, motivation or determination by Barnet. Everyone understands that they were league 1 but if you cannot be motivated for the fa cup then it’s frustrating for fans. So booing was very justified.
pugwash

Firstly, very impressed with Barnet’s set-up, the ground, facilities, training pitches, loads of boys and girls of all ages playing the beautiful game. Just a pity the ‘beautiful’ part left once both senior sides took to the pitch. God, that was one dire game of football. Neither team demonstrated any passion or desire, it felt like a pre-season friendly, and a poor one at that. We did not put out a weakened team so can't use that excuse. I said to my nephew at half time “at least it can’t get any worse”, but I was wrong!

On another sad note, due to the lack of away support numbers, Barnet FC probably lost money rather than make any on the match. This will no-doubt result in your Chairman not being in a position to buy the team strips in the actual club colours. I did enquire with couple of locals why a team that’s nickname is the Bees, and plays at the Hive did not play in Yellow and Black and they suggested it was the cost of the differing colours.

I don’t know anything about your team, but I would suggest that if the club wants to progress through the leagues, the team needs to learn to be far more cynical
(or as I call it Cheat). Dive, feign injury, get in the face of the ref etc.. The Cods needed to learn that lesson and now we have got a B.A. in it. What disappointed most about Barnet was their lack of fight, clearly a league 1 team will have more skillful players, so you need to get into their faces and pressurize, a minimum of 3 to 4 yellow cards and possibly a red. You still may not win the game but you will win the fans.

Anyway, all the best for the rest of the season, apart from the actual football it was a good day out.
Itai-bee

pugwash wrote:Firstly, very impressed with Barnet’s set-up, the ground, facilities, training pitches, loads of boys and girls of all ages playing the beautiful game. Just a pity the ‘beautiful’ part left once both senior sides took to the pitch. God, that was one dire game of football. Neither team demonstrated any passion or desire, it felt like a pre-season friendly, and a poor one at that. We did not put out a weakened team so can't use that excuse. I said to my nephew at half time “at least it can’t get any worse”, but I was wrong!

On another sad note, due to the lack of away support numbers, Barnet FC probably lost money rather than make any on the match. This will no-doubt result in your Chairman not being in a position to buy the team strips in the actual club colours. I did enquire with couple of locals why a team that’s nickname is the Bees, and plays at the Hive did not play in Yellow and Black and they suggested it was the cost of the differing colours.

I don’t know anything about your team, but I would suggest that if the club wants to progress through the leagues, the team needs to learn to be far more cynical
(or as I call it Cheat). Dive, feign injury, get in the face of the ref etc.. The Cods needed to learn that lesson and now we have got a B.A. in it. What disappointed most about Barnet was their lack of fight, clearly a league 1 team will have more skillful players, so you need to get into their faces and pressurize, a minimum of 3 to 4 yellow cards and possibly a red. You still may not win the game but you will win the fans.

Anyway, all the best for the rest of the season, apart from the actual football it was a good day out.

Spot on

Lack of fight and NO belief.
We looked a beaten team from the start.
Tactics and formations are always debatable.
There’s never a excuse for lack of fight and desire.
I cannot honesty tell you how your team played today .
They never had to.

When Walker is completely isolated with no one around him .
That means the system is not working.