Jack Taylor signs for Posh

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Ajtheone04

Re: Jack Taylor signs for Posh

Mikel Bee wrote:
northantsbee wrote:
foxy wrote:Expect immediate improvements however to the wedding suite, as well as a new 2000 seated stand behind the goal (brought forward a year due to a sudden £500k windfall!)
What's the point of a 2,000 seated stand when the fan base is dwindling at a rather alarming rate, It'll be closed more often than not... unless TK is expecting Tottenham Ladies to start attracting bigger gates.
Might be more about the revenue generating space by new commercial space within the stand. The extra capacity is a bonus building for the future. If it generates money and that is reinvested within the team then it can't be a bad thing for the long term.
I don't really know much about this sort of thing but maybe the planning permission only lasts for a certain number of years before u have to reapply
Also it's nice to have some bragging rights in terms of stadium size if not attendance
ninestein

There is a timescale for planning permission. Not sure if domestic rules differ from commercial planning, but when we did our home extension we had a two year window to commence works, at which point the builder notifies the local authority that they've started.

With regards to work at the Hive, the development was always going to happen regardless of our division or whether Jack moved on. I believe there are some issues still to be resolved regarding landscaping before the diggers move in.

Come what May, i hope they start by digging up the pitch and re-laying it...
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Norfolk & Chance

Ajtheone04 wrote:
Mikel Bee wrote:
northantsbee wrote:
foxy wrote:Expect immediate improvements however to the wedding suite, as well as a new 2000 seated stand behind the goal (brought forward a year due to a sudden £500k windfall!)
What's the point of a 2,000 seated stand when the fan base is dwindling at a rather alarming rate, It'll be closed more often than not... unless TK is expecting Tottenham Ladies to start attracting bigger gates.
Might be more about the revenue generating space by new commercial space within the stand. The extra capacity is a bonus building for the future. If it generates money and that is reinvested within the team then it can't be a bad thing for the long term.
I don't really know much about this sort of thing but maybe the planning permission only lasts for a certain number of years before u have to reapply
Also it's nice to have some bragging rights in terms of stadium size if not attendance
Stadium size bragging rights?

:doh: :*(:
rudebwoyben

I don't remember Darlington fans bragging about the size of their ground when they were at the Reynolds Arena. In fact, they all hated it.

Yes, I know our situation is rather different!
amberforever

Jack scores tonight for Posh v Wycombe
hoofer2

Looks he was their man of the match too...sniff

A superbly-taken goal capped a most impressive midfield display.
https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spo ... amp?page=2