Farsley Celtic (away) The Diverted Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Reckless

Re: Farsley Celtic (away) The Diverted Match Thread

jerroll wrote:Cockney rhyming slang for dross! 18 man squad 4 leftbacks plus Mauro who does a job there!not the gaffers fault just yhe cards he has been dealt
I use Barnet Rhyming Slang JE, therefore Dross would be "A Load of Adam" as in Gross. A little more bizarre would be to call the game "Toby"
402 attendance? Now that was surprising to me!
rudebwoyben

Reckless wrote:
jerroll wrote:Cockney rhyming slang for dross! 18 man squad 4 leftbacks plus Mauro who does a job there!not the gaffers fault just yhe cards he has been dealt
I use Barnet Rhyming Slang JE, therefore Dross would be "A Load of Adam" as in Gross. A little more bizarre would be to call the game "Toby"
In what way was it surprising? Was it an overestimate or an underestimate? How many Bees made the trip do you reckon?
pokal02

We did OK given our severely depleted squad. Adams did well as a makeshift CB and Reynolds was our MOM winning nearly all the long balls lumped into the box. We have to get another CB on loan if Sweeney & Harry don't re-appear soon. Our problems up front aren't going away either - Akinola just isn't a natural goalscorer, despite his tally this season, and Ephron never really got into the game. Our worst spell was actually when we were winning 1-0, strange that we seem to play better when losing than winning this season.

Farsley's average gate excluding the Xmas games seemed about 300-350, so 400 not unexpected as a gate. Maybe 100 Bees fans there (no segregation so difficult to say).
Norfolkbee

Relegation was a bitter pill to swallow, but when it happened we all felt we were in with a decent chance of bouncing back to the EFL fairly sharpish. However, personally I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel this time round. The club is in a total malaise with other clubs, allegedly with much lower budgets then us, overtaking us.

Where did it all go wrong? Sure John Still's signings were disappointing, but nobody really moaned when he made them. Indeed, there was quite a degree of excitement when we landed Byron Harrison. (Akinde's boots were always going to be big to fill, but BH seemed adequate).

This is all in the past and something has to be sorted out and soon. We have to hope that TK releases a fair slab of the JT fee for team-building and that DC spends wisely. Otherwise we may as well accept that our future - at least in the medium term - lies firmly in the National League.

Furthermore, as somebody else on here has stated, the persistent injury crises has to be looked into. We always knew that there could be problems with some of the "senior citizens" and sicknotes that MA was prone to bring in, but should apparently fit young athletes be spending the best part of a season in the Kabba suite?
Reckless

rudebwoyben wrote:
Reckless wrote:
In what way was it surprising? Was it an overestimate or an underestimate? How many Bees made the trip do you reckon?
I expected about double that after speaking to a representative of the club to put together a guide. They will be disappointed too.
amberforever

Norfolkbee wrote:Relegation was a bitter pill to swallow, but when it happened we all felt we were in with a decent chance of bouncing back to the EFL fairly sharpish. However, personally I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel this time round. The club is in a total malaise with other clubs, allegedly with much lower budgets then us, overtaking us.

Where did it all go wrong? Sure John Still's signings were disappointing, but nobody really moaned when he made them. Indeed, there was quite a degree of excitement when we landed Byron Harrison. (Akinde's boots were always going to be big to fill, but BH seemed adequate).

This is all in the past and something has to be sorted out and soon. We have to hope that TK releases a fair slab of the JT fee for team-building and that DC spends wisely. Otherwise we may as well accept that our future - at least in the medium term - lies firmly in the National League.

Furthermore, as somebody else on here has stated, the persistent injury crises has to be looked into. We always knew that there could be problems with some of the "senior citizens" and sicknotes that MA was prone to bring in, but should apparently fit young athletes be spending the best part of a season in the Kabba suite?
Absolutely in a nutshell!
Looking back the three managers who won promotion for us:
Bazza, Fairclough and Allen all had a bit of extra something about them.
Our spending since Akinde has mostly been atrocious.
Hard to see where any positive news is coming from, even a reduction in injuries would help.
becbee

We are far from being the only set of supporters to bemoan injuries. Just read other clubs message boards.
Bournemouth v Watford is on TV at the moment, Bournemouth are a case in point, 8 first teamers out injured.

As for the attendance yesterday, ignoring the unknown Concorde attendance, Farsley was the worst :
Att. 907 - AFC Fylde 4 Southport 1
Att. 1,892 - Barrow 7 FC United Of Manchester 0
Att. 557 - Chelmsford City 4 Salisbury 0
Att. n/a - Concord Rangers 1 Bath City 1
Att. 1,240 - Darlington 0 Harrogate Town 2
Att. 1,604 - Dorking Wanderers 1 Stockport County 1
Att. 718 - Eastleigh 2 Matlock Town 1
Att. 680 - Ebbsfleet United 1 King's Lynn Town 0
Att. 402 - Farsley Celtic 1 Barnet 1
Att. 892 - Halesowen Town 2 Maidenhead United 2
Att. 589 - Hornchurch 1 Aveley 2
Att. 529 - Kingstonian 1 Leamington 1
Att. 2,385 - Notts County 2 Dagenham & Redbridge 1
Att. 818 - Royston Town 3 Chester 0
Att. 1,309 - Torquay United 1 FC Halifax Town 2
Att. 1,689 - Yeovil Town 4 Hampton & Richmond Borough 0

Can't imagine we'll get many away supporters on Tuesday.
john dockers shorts

amberforever wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:Relegation was a bitter pill to swallow, but when it happened we all felt we were in with a decent chance of bouncing back to the EFL fairly sharpish. However, personally I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel this time round. The club is in a total malaise with other clubs, allegedly with much lower budgets then us, overtaking us.

Absolutely in a nutshell!
Looking back the three managers who won promotion for us:
Bazza, Fairclough and Allen all had a bit of extra something about them.
Our spending since Akinde has mostly been atrocious.
Hard to see where any positive news is coming from, even a reduction in injuries would help.
Why would anyone moan when a manager hires players he has recently work with? No one factored in that they would be so average. John Still signed some real stinkers that we are paying the price for it. Clear out the crap in July. That's a lot of crap!

Having seen us yo-yo between the football league and non league I no longer see it as the dream!

If we are successful in this league I'd take that over the boring relegation threatening seasons we have to put up with
hoppy

becbee wrote:We are far from being the only set of supporters to bemoan injuries. Just read other clubs message boards.
Bournemouth v Watford is on TV at the moment, Bournemouth are a case in point, 8 first teamers out injured.

As for the attendance yesterday, ignoring the unknown Concorde attendance, Farsley was the worst :
Att. 907 - AFC Fylde 4 Southport 1
Att. 1,892 - Barrow 7 FC United Of Manchester 0
Att. 557 - Chelmsford City 4 Salisbury 0
Att. n/a - Concord Rangers 1 Bath City 1
Att. 1,240 - Darlington 0 Harrogate Town 2
Att. 1,604 - Dorking Wanderers 1 Stockport County 1
Att. 718 - Eastleigh 2 Matlock Town 1
Att. 680 - Ebbsfleet United 1 King's Lynn Town 0
Att. 402 - Farsley Celtic 1 Barnet 1
Att. 892 - Halesowen Town 2 Maidenhead United 2
Att. 589 - Hornchurch 1 Aveley 2
Att. 529 - Kingstonian 1 Leamington 1
Att. 2,385 - Notts County 2 Dagenham & Redbridge 1
Att. 818 - Royston Town 3 Chester 0
Att. 1,309 - Torquay United 1 FC Halifax Town 2
Att. 1,689 - Yeovil Town 4 Hampton & Richmond Borough 0

Can't imagine we'll get many away supporters on Tuesday.

Concord v Bath Attendance 263 (according to report on Bath City Forum.
Milkfloat

Wholesale clear outs are not a good idea as it tends to take half a season for a team of new players to gel. By this time, its normally too late to make up much lost ground. Any large influx of new players will also include some players who do not fit in/are perceived to not be good enough as well.

We ain't a bad team at the moment by any stretch of the imagination. We are just a few carefully selected additions away from being a very good team (e.g. a goalscorerer, a creative midfielder). That is not to say that there are not one or two in the current squad who could be moved on but a clear out would be way over the top and pretty much guarantee another season in the National League.
#Beebot

Milkfloat wrote:Wholesale clear outs are not a good idea as it tends to take half a season for a team of new players to gel. By this time, its normally too late to make up much lost ground. Any large influx of new players will also include some players who do not fit in/are perceived to not be good enough as well.

We ain't a bad team at the moment by any stretch of the imagination. We are just a few carefully selected additions away from being a very good team (e.g. a goalscorerer, a creative midfielder). That is not to say that there are not one or two in the current squad who could be moved on but a clear out would be way over the top and pretty much guarantee another season in the National League.
In order for us NOT to have a clear out in the summer we would need to offer new deals to players who have demonstrated they are average at best at this level.

I can't see why we would do that, even if it does take a long time for some new players to gel.
letchbee94

After a decent first half where after going ahead early I was hoping we would go on to kill the game off before H/T.
Second half was a disapointment,I think we all know need a goal scorer so we can kill these games off.

I know this wont be a popular comment but it is a shame we could not have let game go straight to penalites really, a game on Tuesday now both teams could do with out (Our pitch could do with out it and I bet the Farsley players and fans are hardly thrilled about having to come to us now)
jerroll

letchbee94 wrote:After a decent first half where after going ahead early I was hoping we would go on to kill the game off before H/T.
Second half was a disapointment,I think we all know need a goal scorer so we can kill these games off.

Shame we could not have let game go straight to penalites really, a game on Tuesday now both teams could do with out (Our pitch could do with out it and I bet the Farsley players and fans are hardly thrilled about having to come to us now)
Why do that, Farsley are part time and i doubt their first xi will all be able to travel. We surrendered a chance to win the trophy last year by agreeing penalties at Kirkham and Wesham rather than bringing them back to Canons Park!
john dockers shorts

jerroll wrote:
letchbee94 wrote:After a decent first half where after going ahead early I was hoping we would go on to kill the game off before H/T.

Shame we could not have let game go straight to penalites really, a game on Tuesday now both teams could do with out (Our pitch could do with out it and I bet the Farsley players and fans are hardly thrilled about having to come to us now)
Why do that, Farsley are part time and i doubt their first xi will all be able to travel. We surrendered a chance to win the trophy last year by agreeing penalties at Kirkham and Wesham rather than bringing them back to Canons Park!
Unless you are the groundsman I'd understand why you could do without it.... However its the only chance of achieving anything this season so sod the pitch!